Increase in Hx after P53270 electric brake service

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVforRobert

My stats after the recall:
Before service 91.78 3304 mi
QC right after service 92.84 3339 mi
L2 top off 93.08 3342 mi
L2 at home. 93.59 3350 mi
Next morning 94.51 3376 mi
QC 95.05 3421 mi

Since my inexorable drop in Hx now I have miraculously recovered almost all my Hx. My AHr went from 59.541 to 61.168 in a straight line.

Has anyone else noticed these kinds of results?

This has happened to many people (with an attendant temporary increase in range) after any kind of service relating to the battery, BMS, or some associated components... It will be much more telling if you still have the increase a month from now...

TomT said:
This has happened to many people after any kind of service relating to the battery, battery controller, and some associated components... It will be much more telling if you still have the increase a month from now...
Hx is 96.58 now.

I thought this was just a quirk or a wishful imagination, but noticed @ 5% more usable driving range after my brake controller & software was serviced last spring.

Had this done Thursday, no real change in any of my numbers, a very slight drop in fact, but the same as normal variations. Last I heard, Hx still isn't understood clearly, or has someone figured it out?

TomT said:
This has happened to many people (with an attendant temporary increase in range) after any kind of service relating to the battery, BMS, or some associated components... It will be much more telling if you still have the increase a month from now...

It didn't take a whole month, all numbers down again. AHr is 59.63 SOH 96%, Hx 91.93, 280 gids on a low temp warning Bay Area morning.

I got this done the other day and had no change in any stats at all.

Regen feels a little stronger but not much, could even be in my mind. D mode feels exactly the same.

Back