Is GM trying to kill the electric car... again?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kovalb

http://evlife.tumblr.com/post/15332246797/anti-ev-law-in-california
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...led-back-recalled-gm-batteries_n_1186253.html
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/after-receiving-bailout-gm-may-move-volt-production-to-china/

Is GM trying to kill the electric car... again?
1. They forced an anti-EV law in California to prevent plug-sharing.
2. They did shoddy work on Volt's safety, forcing a recall -- oh let's not call it a recall.
3. They are moving all future EV development to China!

Glad I have a Nissan LEAF. I would not want to support GM.

I don't think they are. the laws in California don't appear like a fundamental roadblock to me
and the safety issues with the volt are marginal and hyped up by the media.
I think its more the media now than anyone else.

I think, if GM were the only one making an electric product, then they might see it differently. But they aren't blind. They see that every manufacturer is either producing or about to be producing something electric. They don't want to be left behind.

Do we really need so many GM threads active on the LEAF forum? Consolidate these comments please, this is a LEAF forum with far too many off-topic threads. We don't need a new thread for each of these trivial topics. Members are complaining about this and it can easily be consolidated. Please only start threads on major topics not every post or comment, if other forums can do it we can too. Thank you.

I can't speak for others but I feel that the future of the Leaf and the Volt are so inextricably connected that I don't find it off putting that there are so many volt threads. How GM deals with the Volt situation has been and is going to have an impact on all EV's. The other day someone asked me about the safety of electric cars based on what the media has done with the Volt fires. After I explained the situation, we both pondered if various factions within GM weren't having a bit of a battle, considering how little GM did to defend the Volt and put the fires in context.

for whatever it's worth, I enjoy reading the volt threads.

EVDRIVER said:
Do we really need so many GM threads active on the LEAF forum? Consolidate these comments please, this is a LEAF forum with far too many off-topic threads. We don't need a new thread for each of these trivial topics. Members are complaining about this and it can easily be consolidated. Please only start threads on major topics not every post or comment, if other forums can do it we can too. Thank you.
FWIW, some folks visit forums for the off-topic discussion. :)

TiVocommunity is an example where the off-topic area (Happy Hour - General Chit-Chat) has grown FAR beyond discussion of anything TiVo related.

cwerdna said:
EVDRIVER said:
FWIW, some folks visit forums for the off-topic discussion. :)

TiVocommunity is an example where the off-topic area (Happy Hour - General Chit-Chat) has grown FAR beyond discussion of anything TiVo related.

The point is not regarding off topic it is redundancy. Forum members are complaining about this quite a bit and it has become an issue recently. We have far too many threads on the same or very related topics which should just be "posts" It's not twitter or the Blink forum. If members can't do a basic "search" and post then we will just delete duplicates. It's not too difficult. You know what I mean by deleting posts:) Moderators need to address these issues and it is time consuming.

EVDRIVER said:
Forum members are complaining about this quite a bit and it has become an issue recently.
Meh - people are whiners. I haven't seen anyone complain about it except you. Just merge the thread if that's what the moderators want and send a PM to the offender instead of clogging up dozens of threads with "redundant!!! OMG!? we talked about this last week already!".

Personally I find the off-topic bantor about merging threads and duplicate posts worse than duplicate posts. That's just what happens when a forum gets too popular.

drees said:
EVDRIVER said:
Forum members are complaining about this quite a bit and it has become an issue recently.
Meh - people are whiners. I haven't seen anyone complain about it except you. Just merge the thread if that's what the moderators want and send a PM to the offender instead of clogging up dozens of threads with "redundant!!! OMG!? we talked about this last week already!".

Personally I find the off-topic bantor about merging threads and duplicate posts worse than duplicate posts. That's just what happens when a forum gets too popular.
+1.

So...exactly how many threads about GM trying to kill the electric car, again, do we have? Ten? Twenty? Two? One, even? Well, at least one, now.

+1 paying member ... lots of stuff gets rehashed with new revelations on occasions. the only posts that should be deleted are the ones that offensively violate TOS, IMHO.

drees said:
EVDRIVER said:

lonndoggie said:
drees said:
EVDRIVER said:

+1.

So...exactly how many threads about GM trying to kill the electric car, again, do we have? Ten? Twenty? Two? One, even? Well, at least one, now.
And...whatever you do, don't start a thread about new battery tech!

Back