Is it new low? Selling NISSAN LEAF reservation spot on CL

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CASF

G.., people trying to make money of everything ..even of hope to get NISSAN LEAF someday.
Just discovered an ad on CRAIGSLIST:
_______
Build your Nissan Leaf: reserved spot available for sale - $1000 (fremont / union city / newark)
Hi

I have reserved Nissan leaf and now ready for order. If you are interested in getting Nissan LEAF please contact me.

Singh
_______

May be not all of those 20 000 reservations made with intention to buy the car

PS: Yes, I flagged the ad...

Another outrage from Fremont:

I went by the Fremont dealership today to charge my car and found a $9995 markup on a Leaf.

fremontleafmarkup.jpg

Is this the highest markup on a LEAF so far? to be so blatant by putting another sticker and listing it this way takes a bit of gall -- at least here they add a 'name' to the markup 'market-adjustment' or some such (recall that one with a $5K markup on a base Miata back in '89 when it first arrived at dealers) and not simply 'added markup'. Of course with how fast the internet can make instant world-wide notice of things like this will not exactly put this dealer on the spot light they want to be in --- but perhaps Nissan PR will take a bit of notice on their customer-sat scores dropping.

Well, with the 2012 model year coming out soon and a few of the area dealers in VA refusing to make the MSRP pledge, I'd say that sticker price isn't all that unlikely at the moment. I've always planned for a $38K or so SL with TEPCO port and all the bells and whistles including cold weather package; I want to put a huge portion of the cost down and finance the rest, with the balance of the loan paid off when I file my taxes. I've used my time crazy-waiting to start saving for this car!

Now, I'd not be surprised with the 2012 for the LEAF to look more like the Focus Electric and Volt in cost: $41,000 base and they can give a nice, big middle finger to the rest of the country outside the blessed 5. Sure, a little markup for a slightly better model is reasonable, but not that much for Base: $5000-$6000! It's an outrage that I'm just gonna have to eat. I will say this, though, those $%&#%^&# better offer the GD 6.7kW charger option for that kind of price, even if it does jack up the price even more!

TimeHorse said:
Now, I'd not be surprised with the 2012 for the LEAF to look more like the Focus Electric and Volt in cost: $41,000 base and they can give a nice, big middle finger to the rest of the country outside the blessed 5.
I doubt Nissan will increase the base price by anything more than $1K. They might even reduce the price a bit and decontent that model like GM did for Volt.

I wonder whether Nissan & Ford are waiting on each other to announce the price :?

redLEAF said:
Is this the highest markup on a LEAF so far?
We were told by a representative at another Bay Area dealership that they were asking between $5,000 and $10,000 over MSRP. The conversation never got any more specific than that, and I have no evidence regarding this statement one way or another.

Glenn

I have a reservation made back in 2010 (first day of reservation) but being in one of the forgotten states (GA), I have not yet heard anything from Nissan. I was unaware of any Leafs being delivierd in NJ or VA, let alone prices above MSRP. I jumped back on this site because I haven't heard anything from the topics I have subscribed to in over a month. What has been going on?

N952JL said:
I have a reservation made back in 2010 (first day of reservation) but being in one of the forgotten states (GA), I have not yet heard anything from Nissan. I was unaware of any Leafs being delivierd in NJ or VA, let alone prices above MSRP. I jumped back on this site because I haven't heard anything from the topics I have subscribed to in over a month. What has been going on?
You will find numerous recent posts throughout the site concerning "orphans" available at or above MSRP at dealers in the Tier 1 states. Orphans are vehicles ordered by individuals who, after their VINs were committed for delivery to a dealer, were not purchased or leased by the ordering individual. Use either of the site search engines to find these threads and you will be able to zero in on the dealers you may wish to contact. Several people have purchased vehicles long-distance and had them shipped, some as far as Florida. Good luck!

N952JL said:

As HighDesertDriver, yes, you can get one shipped. I could, but choose for the time being not to be that desperate. Plus, waiting like the less informed allows my blog to remain from the every-man perspective rather than the ha ha I got one guy. :)

But I have to take issue. Georgia is hardly more forgotten than Virginia though New Jersey is quite forgotten. We in GA and VA are not forgotten, we're part of the eye-poked 8, NJ is part of the Forgotten 36. We may be suffering, they are suffering more. And, since you're in GA, when they come out for ordering here in VA (they haven't yet, I'm only relaying what my conversations with dealerships have found in terms of future plans), they'll be out in Georgia too, so if you watch my site, this forum or just contact your dealer, you're sure to be "in the loop" when it comes time for you to RAQ! :)

Back