June 2011 Delivery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up my Leaf last night. SL trim, glacier pearl. Vin #4488. All went smooth at Pacific Nissan. Reserved $5k CA rebate. Lots of fun so far...

kieodadie said:
Mine changed from week of June 16 to June 20...AARRGG... also received email that the leaf will be here soon. Probably not soon enough to get the full rebate..... :evil:
Sometimes the date changes to a later date because Nissan has physically shipped the car and is adding some days for the delivery. But in CA delivery can be quick, so there is a chance you'll get your car today or tomorrow.

SanDust said:
kieodadie said:
Mine changed from week of June 16 to June 20...AARRGG... also received email that the leaf will be here soon. Probably not soon enough to get the full rebate..... :evil:
Sometimes the date changes to a later date because Nissan has physically shipped the car and is adding some days for the delivery. But in CA delivery can be quick, so there is a chance you'll get your car today or tomorrow.

I agree with SanDust; that's exactly what happened to me. Last Monday, the dashbard went from June 16 to June 28. Then, Tuesday morning my car shows up @ the dealer. Hope this happens to you. :)

Our delivery date has jumped all over the place.

For the longest time it was 6/17, then 6/21 and 6/24. In the past week is has moved to 6/27, 7/1 and now we're at 7/4. No idea when the vehicle will actually arrive, and the whole planning process has been frustrating.

gbshaun said:
arnolddeleon said:
WTF Nissan, my dashboard said week of June 14th this morning.

I called CS earlier today and they say it's "in transit" and there are no issues.

Now I check this evening and it says week of June 27th.

Based on my experience, it means nothing. i don't know whey they even bother changing the date on the dash, or even specifying a day or week.
If they left it at "month of XXXX" most would be right (after post Tsunami adjustment).
Fingers crossed.

For a couple days Nissan CS said it had left their inventory but my dealer couldn't see it and they didn't have the invoice. The dealer got the invoice this morning so it is getting closer (with any luck the actual vehicle shouldn't be far behind). I may end up purchasing the car before it actually is physically here.

I also received a call from an Ecotality sub contractor (Mr. Electric) to schedule an assessment for the EVSE (can we just call it a charge dock?) install. I paid for the Aerovironment assessment, it is such a shame that they can't share/reuse information. My install is so straight forward that they can probably install it in the time it reserve the assessment.

As an aside, the Nissan CS folks have obviously been coached to be empathatic to customer "anxiety" but man they need more coaching on faking sincerity. The platitudes just made my blood boil even more.

arnold

704hov1095 said:
Looks like Nissan won't have me breathing fire down their necks. I was the one who filed his online rebate app with CVRP last evening BEFORE taking delivery. This am I received an email from CVRP stating they had accepted my application and my full rebate was being reserved. They saw the 6/15 app date but 6/16 delivery and simply changed the date to 6/16 on my behalf. The rep (Kyle) fully reassured me that my rebate was $5K and reserved as long as I turned in the supporting materials in 14 days.
As I'd said previously:

JPVLeaf said:
Unless you already made arrangements to sign ownership documents contract prior to delivery, what drees mentioned above may be the case, unless by the grace of the CVRP folks ....

Predate? :|
Looks like CVRP folks did a little of both ... pre-/postdating and having grace. These CVRP folks know how to do it Right. Very refreshing. Kudos to the CVRP folks, and Congratulations to you on getting everything squared away in the nick of time.

arnolddeleon said:
gbshaun said:
arnolddeleon said:
WTF Nissan, my dashboard said week of June 14th this morning.

I called CS earlier today and they say it's "in transit" and there are no issues.

Now I check this evening and it says week of June 27th.

Based on my experience, it means nothing. i don't know whey they even bother changing the date on the dash, or even specifying a day or week.
If they left it at "month of XXXX" most would be right (after post Tsunami adjustment).
Fingers crossed.

For a couple days Nissan CS said it had left their inventory but my dealer couldn't see it and they didn't have the invoice. The dealer got the invoice this morning so it is getting closer (with any luck the actual vehicle shouldn't be far behind). I may end up purchasing the car before it actually is physically here.
Can that be done? If so it would be worth considering given the rebate pool will probably expire tomorrow (61 remaining, averaging ~50/day). Maybe go ahead and fill out the online rebate application at 12:01 tonight if your plan is to "purchase" it tomorrow.
Good luck. I'm sure you'll keep us posted.

arnolddeleon said:
As an aside, the Nissan CS folks have obviously been coached to be empathatic to customer "anxiety" but man they need more coaching on faking sincerity. The platitudes just made my blood boil even more.
arnold
Agree. Some were better than others, but overall what was the point in even having this phone bank if Nissan had no ability to provide them access to meaningful information, or chose not to? Mine was on a truck to my dealer, yet C-S didn't even know that.
I actually felt bad for some as I could tell they personally knew there was much more of a problem that they were formally allowed to admit. It was tough not taking out my frustration on the poor individual on the other end of the phone.
I wonder how many quit?

Shaun

JPVLeaf said:
Congratulations to you on getting everything squared away in the nick of time.

Thanks. Nick of time is putting it nicely. I certainly hope few if anyone else went through the same predicament (wait) as I did. Hard to say from the spreadsheet.

For those who ordered as late as Jan-Feb, etc., loss of the full rebate is a risk they took. Then again, looking at the apparent slack sales of EVs, maybe the CVRP will get some additional funding to keep the rebate at $5K. But given the sad state of the federal deficit and the stubborn recession/depression, I wouldn't count on the tax credits for both the car and the infrastructure holding out another year. Buyers will be hard to convince; when I was waiting for my purchase process in stages yesterday, I browsed around looking at the new Kias, other Nissan products, and Hondas (all under same ownership in San Juan Cap.). You can drive off in a nice economy car that gets 35 mpg, fully equipped, for well under $24K, including all fees and charges, with solid warranties. As I said in an earlier post, I paid $42K, inclusive of EVSE charging dock and installation. Yes, about $13, 200 comes back, but that implies preservation of the full rebate and credits. Without the latter, these cars will not sell--kinda like the housing market fell flat again once the federal incentives expired. It'll take an oil crisis and $6 gasoline to gain traction.

In the meantime, you and I and a few thousand lucky others get to enjoy a very nice car.

davewill said:
gbshaun said:
...My prediction is that someone on 18th, possibly 19th, will reserve the last full $5k, and the next person will get a check for the remaining $4929.
Most deliveries that day will not be to MNL'ers or folks who are aware of the process, and it might be worth filling out the online form first thing that morning if you think there's even a chance it'll arrive that day.
I'd do that even if you think they're gone. It wouldn't surprise me to have the first few people on the wait list end up getting the full rebate because some get rejected later for applying too soon.
I just noticed the rebate pool jump back UP by $5k. You may be right!

yay!!! I got my leaf today. Razzari Nissan merced is awesome. Alejandro and the others were amazing. It was hassle free service. I really really recommend this dealership. Reserved state rebate and got email confirmation from Kyle thanks to Alejandro's computer. They have a leaf demo you should check it out.

OOOOOMMMMMGGGGG!! My dealer called today! I was floored when he said "your car is in today". We're running down to SD today after work. I've submitted for the CA rebate right away already, knowing that we'll get the car today for sure! Didn't count on the full CA rebate at all, so if we get it, it would be heaven! Dashboard still say Wk of June 27th. My AV EVSE have been lonely since Dec!

Good luck to anyone who gets a dealer call today, esp in CA!!!

occ in Tustin said:
.... We're running down to SD today after work."
Did you see it go past your window on the way from Long Beach? ;-)
occ said:
Dashboard still say Wk of June 27th.
Yeah, mine changed to 27th (from 24th) 2 hours before it was delivered on 14th.
Congrats!

arnolddeleon said:
arnolddeleon said:

I may end up purchasing the car before it actually is physically here.

I just did. I now own a car I can't drive yet. All I have to show for an over $40,000 check are pieces of paper.

arnold

If I wasn't getting a loan from the bank I would be doing the same.

arnolddeleon said:
arnolddeleon said:

I just did. I now own a car I can't drive yet. All I have to show for an over $40,000 check are pieces of paper.

arnold

How did you do this? I tried to talk my dealer into doing this and they said that they can't complete the paper work until the car is physically at the dealership.

We got our Leaf today :D . Great experience at Wilsonville Nissan. Highly recommend Joel and his staff for any Nissan buy. Drove home 46 miles and used less than 50% of the battery (was close to 100%), and grew 3.5 trees (ECO most of the time). The stop an go traffic helped, I guess. 55 miles left.

A pleasure to drive. I had the first non-believer for a ride (a parent at my daughter school). He was impressed (I did not used the ECO mode ;) ). More power than my 13 and 12 years old V6 cars.

See you on the road.

juniorboy90210 said:
arnolddeleon said:
arnolddeleon said:

arnold

How did you do this? I tried to talk my dealer into doing this and they said that they can't complete the paper work until the car is physically at the dealership.

Once the car was in their inventory (they were invoiced for it and they were paying for it) they were willing to sell it to me. Between the time it "left" Nissan there was a limbo time of a couple of days where the dealer couldn't do anything. We had to wait for something to happen but once they "had" it I bought it. I expect it won't be much longer to actually drive it since Nissan CS said that it was sent over for transport several days ago (and we know that CS is a very reliable source ;-) )

arnold

camasleaf said:
4/20/10 - 10/28/10, Delivered 07/17/11
See you on the road.
Arnolddeleon may have purchased his car a day or two before it arrived at the dealership, but you actually drove yours home a whole MONTH before yours was even delivered! :lol: :lol:

gbshaun said:
camasleaf said:
4/20/10 - 10/28/10, Delivered 07/17/11
See you on the road.
Arnolddeleon may have purchased his car a day or two before it arrived at the dealership, but you actually drove yours home a whole MONTH before yours was even delivered! :lol: :lol:

Thank you, I corrected the signature. I am just too excited.

arnolddeleon said:
Once the car was in their inventory (they were invoiced for it and they were paying for it) they were willing to sell it to me. Between the time it "left" Nissan there was a limbo time of a couple of days where the dealer couldn't do anything. We had to wait for something to happen but once they "had" it I bought it. I expect it won't be much longer to actually drive it since Nissan CS said that it was sent over for transport several days ago...

arnold
Arnold, if you're saying you bought your LEAF before it arrived at your dealer, my frustration (dare I say anger?) level with Nissan's whole delivery process just went through the roof!! I, and many others, were told by our Preferred Dealer that we could do no paperwork with them until the car was actually in their possession. To hear someone say they did otherwise, as we watched the sand run out of the CVRP hourglass, is nothing short of twisting the knife.

From whom did you buy the car?

Glenn

Back