June-30 Nissan Mail

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Azrich said:
#!~>*#/ !!! Ooops! Nissan has not fulfilled their commitment to tell us something definite by June 30. This does not look good. Sloppy. Here is now the order of the process they want us to follow:

More like ...

1. Reserve a position to order a LEAF and pay $99 to do that. Done April 20.
2. Schedule home inspection for installation of charger for non EV Project people
3. Home inspection for charger, cost given to owner, installation scheduled for non EV Project people
4. Order a LEAF
5. Test drive a LEAF
6. Wait for your turn
7. Install charger at quoted cost a few weeks before delivery
8. Take delivery

evnow said:
Azrich said:
#!~>*#/ !!! Ooops! Nissan has not fulfilled their commitment to tell us something definite by June 30. This does not look good. Sloppy. Here is now the order of the process they want us to follow:

More like ...

1. Reserve a position to order a LEAF and pay $99 to do that. Done April 20.
2. Schedule home inspection for installation of charger for non EV Project people
3. Home inspection for charger, cost given to owner, installation scheduled for non EV Project people
4. Order a LEAF
5. Test drive a LEAF
6. Wait for your turn
7. Install charger at quoted cost a few weeks before delivery
8. Take delivery

I bet the push to do #7 as soon as they can so they can get their money in and I bet many people try to get the tax credit. When do we know if this EVSE credit will be valid for next year as well.

Azrich said:

1. reserve a position to order a LEAF and pay $99 to do that. Done April 20
2. Schedule home inspection for installation of charger (Has happened for some - not for me.)
3. Home inspection for charger, cost given to owner, installation scheduled.
4. Install charger at cost of $2200. Pay for charger.
5. Order a LEAF
6. Test drive a LEAF
7. Wait for delivery - no dates given

This is beginning to sound a bit crazy. I think the next step should be: Test drive a LEAF. Then place order for both the LEAF and charger. I'm not liking this much.

For those of us not in any roll-out area, the installation inspection will come a great deal later. That said, this was a major "Lame Day" Update.

EVDRIVER said:
I bet the push to do #7 as soon as they can so they can get their money in and I bet many people try to get the tax credit. When do we know if this EVSE credit will be valid for next year as well.

That depends on where AV is w.r.t. the EVSE. Do they have them ready for installation in volume ?

EVDRIVER said:
When do we know if this EVSE credit will be valid for next year as well.

That would be nice to find out. It would also be good to know for sure if there was any carry-over on the EVSE tax credit. We already know that the car doesn't carry over, but I think we're a bit foggy on the EVSE (though I can't imagine it being any different than the car). I do not need the credits for both car and EVSE this year, especially if neither can carry over.

In all honesty, I wouldn't be all that unhappy to get the EVSE and my PV system in this year and have the car not show up until after January 1.

If the car and the EVSE both come this year, it's not the end of the world, but I would loose some of the tax credit, and I would be wanting to push as much of the extra EVSE installation cost onto my PV system bill (upgraded panel/breakers, etc....).

mwalsh said:
EVDRIVER said:

That would be nice to find out. It would also be good to know for sure if there was any carry-over on the EVSE tax credit. We already know that the car doesn't carry over, but I think we're a bit foggy on the EVSE (though I can't imagine it being any different than the car). I do not need the credits for both car and EVSE this year, especially if neither can carry over.

In all honesty, I wouldn't be all that unhappy to get the EVSE my PV system in this year and have the car not show up until after January 1.

If the car and the EVSE both come this year, it's not the end of the world, but I would loose some of the tax credit, and I would be wanting to push as much of the extra EVSE installation cost onto my PV system bill (upgraded panel/breakers, etc....).

As a business expense it may carry over.

Well, I just checked my account and the haven't updated the web page. It still says:

"Thanks for reserving your place in automotive history. The Nissan LEAF™ has limited availability. by June 30, 2010 we will provide you with more details regarding availability of Nissan LEAF in your market and how to begin preparing your home for your new car."

I wonder when they will change this? Perhaps they think they did provide us with more details. :roll:

Well, I expect they will change the message soon.

akohekohe said:
Well, I just checked my account and the haven't updated the web page. It still says:

"Thanks for reserving your place in automotive history. The Nissan LEAF™ has limited availability. by June 30, 2010 we will provide you with more details regarding availability of Nissan LEAF in your market and how to begin preparing your home for your new car."

I wonder when they will change this? Perhaps they think they did provide us with more details. :roll:

Well, I expect they will change the message soon.

Yes they will change the message to the one in our emails. :roll:

Remember all that stuff I said about how a big company like Nissan wouldn't miss a committed date? Scratch that. :oops:

At least they sent an email, suggesting some concern on their part. Aptera would just blow off the dates.

LTLFTcomposite said:
Remember all that stuff I said about how a big company like Nissan wouldn't miss a committed date? Scratch that. :oops:

It would be nice to get a "Look, we f***ed up" email. "This was what we were going to tell you, but we aren't as far along with things as we'd hoped"....that sort of thing.

EVDRIVER said:
Contact your representative in Congress and ask what they are doing about HR 5442. Apparently the last action was to refer it to the Subcommittee on Highways and Transit more than a month ago. Or ask your senators what they are doing to push S.3442. It was last assigned to the Committee on Finance in May.

mwalsh said:
LTLFTcomposite said:

It would be nice to get a "Look, we f***ed up" email. "This was what we were going to tell you, but we aren't as far along with things as we'd hoped"....that sort of thing.

+1
I'm expecting SOME kind of "SORRY about that" email sometime today ... at LEAST before MIDNIGHT, if Nissan has some integrity . . . because THIS email, "thank you-we'll be in touch" does NOT constitute the NEXT step. If Nissan were honest, they'd say, "we've got PROBLEMS, and we OVER PROMISED". So they've essentially failed to be honest.

Any chance Nissan will post a "GOTCHA" email later today?
:?

. . . . . otherwise the folks down at GM will be "high-fiving" each other.

And now the mealy-mouthed "later this summer" deadline. I can never remember when fall starts, what, Sept 20-21? That was a nice trick, they slipped nearly a full quarter on getting us any more details while implying that it's the same "time frame". But hey, it's still summer!

LTLFTcomposite said:

At least they sent an email, suggesting some concern on their part. Aptera would just blow off the dates.

They sent the email explaining info would follow, they did not miss the order process date so it's not a big deal at all. Yes, Aptera would ignore the date (like the launch) and not say a thing ever and then lie again and then ignore the date again, and then BS more. If that is not the single most concrete indicator of a company that could care less about their potential customers then I can't think of a better one, except for possibly pilfering the deposit info. NIssan sent mails on time, every time and on the day as promised, good enough for me. Aptera still continues to operate like a bunch of incompetent teen "buddies" who were given a business and have no idea how to run it except into the ground, they do that very well. Nissan communication grade so far, A-, Aptera grade, F. But they don't care.

hill said:
. . . . . otherwise the folks down at GM will be "high-fiving" each other.

Yes, soon after they figure out how to extricate themselves from the "Volt Shock" article :lol:

I think it is interesting that so far it appears we all received the same email this AM. When I first read Nissan's ambiguous statement I assumed that I had been relegated to a tier below the Leaf buyers in one of the EV Project cities. Is there a different version that went to the EV Project people?

Back