Lane departure prevention - does it work?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chek

Hi guys.
I have my 2021 sv. It has 2 settings: lane departure warning, that works as expected and gives me noise when I accidentally leave the lane. And then there is lane departure prevention - I have this in my vw atlas and this thing rest automatically keeps me in the lane. With leaf, it does nothing and car departs the lane if you let the wheel go, you get the noise but steering is not overtaken by the car.

Should it work?

Hi guys.
I have my 2021 sv. It has 2 settings: lane departure warning, that works as expected and gives me noise when I accidentally leave the lane. And then there is lane departure prevention - I have this in my vw atlas and this thing rest automatically keeps me in the lane. With leaf, it does nothing and car departs the lane if you let the wheel go, you get the noise but steering is not overtaken by the car.

Should it work?
Lane keeping only works when adaptive cruise control is active. Really only useful on the freeway.

Understood - will give it a try.
Do I need to press one of those buttons to the left of the wheel (like car with radar) to activate this?

Hi guys.

Should it work?
Lane Departure Prevention only works in two ways (that I know of), one is when using Pro Pilot (adaptive cruise or steering assist) as already mentioned and the other is the blinkers. If a vehicle is in your blind spot indicator and you try to change lanes with the blinkers, it will fight against you and to prevent you from hitting the vehicle next to you. Sure, you can over-power the computer, but you will certainly feel the resistance of it trying to warn you. 😲

I use the Adaptive Cruise/Lane Centering every time I drive the car. It works quite well, in my opinion, but the Lane Centering disengaged pretty often. It seems to need almost perfect imagining conditions to stay enabled.

I have the same technology on another vehicle and it's far more tenacious about staying engaged. But it also has much fresher software. In fact, has recently received updates in January.

It'd be cool if Nissan allowed for continuous software updates on the Gen2 Leaf.

Back