LEAF and Volt Owner with a 2nd free Blink

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shrink

For my fellow LEAF and Volt owners (in eligible states), I had my 2nd free Blink unit installed this weekend for the Volt through the EV Project. I received my first free Blink for the LEAF back in 9/2011. Each car qualifies for a separate unit.

So nice to have two of these units for each car. I feel very fortunate to have qualified. My out of pocket for both was $0.

I hope others can take advantage as well.

shrink said:
I feel very fortunate to have qualified. My out of pocket for both was $0.

I hope others can take advantage as well.

I have spent HOURS of my personal time fixing my personal "free" Blink. I don't feel quite as fortunate. The last three out of five days, the replacement Blink (after the first one was repaired, then finally replaced) has failed to charge.

Having close to 99.9% dispatch rate is more important to me than free.

TonyWilliams said:
I have spent HOURS of my personal time fixing my personal "free" Blink. I don't feel quite as fortunate. The last three out of five days, the replacement Blink (after the first one was repaired, then finally replaced) has failed to charge.
Yep - After hearing of all of the problems people talk about with these things, I think I'd rather be using 120V charging. At least it is reliable.

I've had mine for about 16 months now. In all that time it has never failed to charge the car. Since the version 2.02 firmware upgrade and new SD card at the beginning of the year, it has never even seen a reboot... I'm perfectly happy with mine. YMMV, of course.

adric22 said:
Yep - After hearing of all of the problems people talk about with these things, I think I'd rather be using 120V charging. At least it is reliable.

TomT said:
I've had mine for about 16 months now. In all that time it has never failed to charge the car. Since the version 2.02 firmware upgrade and new SD card at the beginning of the year, it has never even seen a reboot... I'm perfectly happy with mine. YMMV, of course.

+1

I have had mine since September of 2011 and it has not needed a reboot nor has it failed to charge once... before or after the firmware update. I use the timers on the car, not on the Blink unit.

We have no plans for purchasing another car anytime soon, but if we did and we were eligible for another free Blink unit, I wouldn't hesitate to get it.

Back