Leaf Customer Service Call

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was called yesterday by Sempra Energy (parent company of SDG&E) to verify my participation in the EVP and see if I had any questions. Naturally, I knew almost more than the gentleman I spoke to, but he is VERY enthusiastic and pretty knowledgable considering things are still 'in flux'.

He wouldn't tell me where I was on "the list" but said I was very high and certainly in the first wave of cars for San Diego. :mrgreen: I told him I think the SDR-003 number on my EVP email puts me at #3, and while he wouldn't confirm that, he did say I 'wasn't number one, but VERY near the top'. I'm guessing the # on the emails means exactly what we think it means.

The two things he is specifically going to find out for me is:

1) Status of Blink EVSE and their UL listing.
2) If those of us on the EVP can 'opt out' of our assigned rate-tier after 12 months. (we won't know what rate we are assigned in the project until they install your EVSE).

Lastly, he said he HAS been to this forum and understands how knowledgeable/green/enthusiastic/geeky/zealous/info-starved/picky/worried/confused etc. we all are. The call lasted over 30 minutes. The next call I should get will be from EVP scheduling the EVSE install, and that should be 2-3 weeks before delivery of my Leaf.

mwalsh said:
Jimmydreams said:
Lastly, he said he HAS been to this forum and understands how knowledgeable/green/enthusiastic/geeky/zealous/info-starved/picky/worried/confused etc. we all are.

I resemble that remark! :D

No joke, I used every one of those adjectives when describing myself and the users here. I was basically telling him to make sure everyone brings their "A" game when they contact us because for the first year of deliveries, the Leaf buyers will be VERY well informed and they better not try and BS us because we'll probably know better! In a few years, buying an EV will become just like buying an ICE today. But until that time....I resemble that remark as well! ;)

Jimmydreams said:
I was called yesterday by Sempra Energy (parent company of SDG&E) to verify my participation in the EVP and see if I had any questions. Naturally, I knew almost more than the gentleman I spoke to, but he is VERY enthusiastic and pretty knowledgable considering things are still 'in flux'.

He wouldn't tell me where I was on "the list" but said I was very high and certainly in the first wave of cars for San Diego. :mrgreen: I told him I think the SDR-003 number on my EVP email puts me at #3, and while he wouldn't confirm that, he did say I 'wasn't number one, but VERY near the top'. I'm guessing the # on the emails means exactly what we think it means.

I got the same call yesterday afternoon - perhaps the same guy, but maybe not. He actually said he was calling from the SDG&E ET program if I recall, rather than referencing Sempra by name. The rep patiently listened to my (mild) re-ranting about the fundamental incompatibility of the Project rate design/implementation with solar houses etc. He was also going to hopefully check on how our existing summer-saver demand response credit will play out now that I'm going to have 3 accounts (house gas, house/solar electric, car electric). The main reason for the call was to make sure I was still getting my LEAF and understood that I'd be getting a second meter.

Oh, and our EV project mail identifier is SDR-055.

I also have received the call from SDG&E...the main question was if I understood the rate structure and the need for a second meter. I was informed that I am scheduled to receive my Leaf in one of the first groups...a December delivery. The next step will be a phone call from ECOtality to schedule the installation of the EVSE and meter box...after that is completed and the permit has been signed off SDG&E will add a meter and assign a rate...

BTW my agreement number is SDR-0352...so I don't think the SDR number is an indicator of our place in line.

What were your other order details?

This sounds like the first confirmation of order date trumping reservation date (and ecotality date) that I'm aware of.. my details are below in my sig...and I've received no phone call from SDG&E (or from Nissan, at this point)

ts31825 said:
I also have received the call from SDG&E...the main question was if I understood the rate structure and the need for a second meter. I was informed that I am scheduled to receive my Leaf in one of the first groups...a December delivery. The next step will be a phone call from ECOtality to schedule the installation of the EVSE and meter box...after that is completed and the permit has been signed off SDG&E will add a meter and assign a rate...

BTW my agreement number is SDR-0352...so I don't think the SDR number is an indicator of our place in line.

Interesting about your SDR number. I guess we'll know in a few weeks, eh?

The caller ID said SEMPRA, but I believe Matt (the caller) was calling from SDG&E.

ALSO, Matt confirmed something I've only seen one other place; you can tell the Leaf what your tier/electric rates are, and then tell it "I want 100% charge by (insert time)" and the car will figure out the best time to charge for the lowest fee and still be ready at your target time. :mrgreen:

ts31825 said:

352! I thought my 200 number was high. I didn't realize there was that much interest in San Diego/lower-LA. Anyone have a number higher than 352?

sdbonez said:
What were your other order details?

This sounds like the first confirmation of order date trumping reservation date (and ecotality date) that I'm aware of.. my details are below in my sig...and I've received no phone call from SDG&E (or from Nissan, at this point)

Reserved 4/20 late in the afternoon
Ordered 8/31 quote requested 10:53, order confirmed 8/31 at 4:53 PM due to the web-site going down...times are based e-mail time stamp.

EV Project approval 7/22 at 11:31...Ecotality charging station on-site survey performed 8/26.

Matt was the gentleman I spoke with from SDG&E.

Back