LEAF in Kansas City

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, are you ready for Snowmageddon? :eek:

I know you're afraid to ask, so here’s more “snowmenclature”:

http://dailyportmanteau.blogspot.com/2010/02/snowmenclature.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blogs.mcclatchydc.com/washington/2010/02/snowmenclature.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.visualthesaurus.com/cm/wordroutes/snomg-its-snowmageddon-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/creative-winter-storm-names-like-snomg,-snowpocalypse,-snowmageddon-are-starting-to-spread" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to one of the guys at work. :lol:

I bumped into a silver LEAF at Hy-Vee at 72nd and Hwy 1 in the Northland the other day. It's owned by a very nice retired couple, with whom I had the pleasure of speaking for about 10 minutes. They really enjoy their LEAF since they purchased it several months ago, but they really hate that one has to agree each time to the information sharing at startup.

On a different note, the IRS has accepted and processed my paper return. My refund should be deposited on Monday.

You don't have to agree on the 2013s. At least not the one I drove at Randy Reed. I wonder if they can fix this on the older models with a software update?

Winter is coming to a close and snowboarding season is soon to be a memory so I’m starting to check out destinations for some EV adventures when the weather gets nicer. One place I want to go and hang out at is St. Joe Mo. I love looking at Victorian homes and there used to be some great places to eat down on Frederick Ave. I haven’t been down there since the 70s so I think I’m going to go back and check it out. I only see one charging station that is on the west side of I-29 (where everything is).
Tom may not even know about this one yet :)
It's in St. Joseph at: Progressive Telecom 1828 Frederick Ave Saint Joseph, MO64501 816-232-8353
Hours: 8am-4pm M-F
I found it on this map:
http://www.afdc.energy.gov/fuels/electricity_locations.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It’s not in the best part of town but we’re talkin’ St. Joe here so…. I have a call in to see what they have there. The person who answered the phone said her boss has an electric car but she didn't know anything about a charging station.
There's a donut shop across the street and one reviewer says the donuts are "better than sex".
https://plus.google.com/117967530896389290044/about?hl=en#117967530896389290044/about?hl=en
There’s also a little bar and grill close by. The Hi Ho bar and Grill.
http://hiho-stjoe.com/
This could be interesting…………..
Anyone else have any ideas? I love little towns and old drug stores and Mom and Pop joints.

mhigley said:
Winter is coming to a close and snowboarding season is soon to be a memory so I’m starting to check out destinations for some EV adventures when the weather gets nicer. One place I want to go and hang out at is St. Joe Mo. I love looking at Victorian homes and there used to be some great places to eat down on Frederick Ave. I haven’t been down there since the 70s so I think I’m going to go back and check it out. I only see one charging station that is on the west side of I-29 (where everything is).
<snip>
This could be interesting…………..
Anyone else have any ideas? I love little towns and old drug stores and Mom and Pop joints.

ChargePoint shows 3 + what you found for St. Joe. Trouble for me is that's a 100% charge and 70% weather to get there and a whole day to sit.

Rumor control has the new HyVee at 95th and Antioch (OP, KS) as a pending EVSE. Still looking into that.

BTW, hit 10k miles this weekend. How are you guys doing?

Wow, Tom, you're a road warrior. I had about 5550 this weekend. Went to the car show yesterday and saw the 2013 black LEAF plus the FFE, Karma, (roped off Tesla) Model S, & Volt in their Electric Avenue exhibit. I think the LEAF was the stripped S because of the dash being different (radio dials???), the seats were black fabric (and way less comfortable), but couldn't verify or do anything with them because they were all dead. All the 12v batteries were dead from accessoriy depletion over the last 4 days, so couldn't even pop the charge port door or hatch. LilyPad rep spoke to me at length, but he didn't know much about the car. There was another LEAF in the Nissan exhibit, but you wouldn't have known it was electric, so I popped the charge port door to garner some curiosity and opened the hatch door. At the Toyota exhibit, there was a non-electric Rav4 on a rotating platform and an advertising woman touting attributes. I asked about the EV and she confirmed there wasn't one there, but I could get one in the wonderful state of California! Gee...

eclecticflower said:
Wow, Tom, you're a road warrior. I had about 5550 this weekend. Went to the car show yesterday and saw the 2013 black LEAF plus the FFE, Karma, (roped off Tesla) Model S, & Volt in their Electric Avenue exhibit. I think the LEAF was the stripped S because of the dash being different (radio dials???), the seats were black fabric (and way less comfortable), but couldn't verify or do anything with them because they were all dead. All the 12v batteries were dead from accessoriy depletion over the last 4 days, so couldn't even pop the charge port door or hatch. LilyPad rep spoke to me at length, but he didn't know much about the car. There was another LEAF in the Nissan exhibit, but you wouldn't have known it was electric, so I popped the charge port door to garner some curiosity and opened the hatch door. At the Toyota exhibit, there was a non-electric Rav4 on a rotating platform and an advertising woman touting attributes. I asked about the EV and she confirmed there wasn't one there, but I could get one in the wonderful state of California! Gee...
I was at the car show Friday night. It was pretty interesting, but I stayed by the electric car section and talked with some interesting people.

ChargePoint shows 3 + what you found for St. Joe.

The other 3 charging stations are on the wrong side of the highway. There's nothing over there to do as far as I can tell. The charger I saw is in the old Frederick area. Last time I was there there were a bunch of old second hand stores down there. I love those kinds of places. I will probably go to Atchison first and charge at the camp ground there and then go on to St. Joe. The road from Atchison to St. Joe is flat as a pancake and I can go 55.

BTW, hit 10k miles this weekend. How are you guys doing?

I only have 4000 miles. My wife has pretty much taken over the LEAF so I don't get to drive it much. I am also trying to conserve miles for when the weather gets better.

I didn't make it to the MAEAA meeting yesterday. Someone emailed me a picture of what I missed. I was told that the owner of the blue LEAF was very excited about their car and have had it since October. I'll be taking a ride in the Tesla when the weather gets better.

554911_472565306142427_741188882_n.jpg

Beautiful cars. I had to leave mine at home this weekend and use the wife's Prius. Not quite enough charge to get to Osceola, MO. One of the other Scouts sneered "who would drive a Prius", I told him it was because my electric car couldn't get there.

Any word from Al on the arrival of his Tesla?

ksnogas2112 said:
Any word from Al on the arrival of his Tesla?

Al said he won't have his Tesla for the Shawnee Mission Earth Fair on April 13th. He didn't say how far after that.

I have to remember to ask him what he's going to do with his LEAF. I'm pretty sure he's going to sell it.

Test drove "my" Ford Focus Electric yesterday....

I say "my" -- I ordered it on 6/22/2012 and Throughbred Ford got it Tuesday.... They did not obligate me to anything -- were very understanding that I lost patience and bought the Leaf.

The wanted my opinions -- even offered me the car for a full day of driving, which I may still do. They would like to know how its range seems to compare with a Leaf and suggested I drive the Ford over the same route as I drive the Leaf.

I liked the Ford. I like my Leaf too, except for the hateful, underperforming battery....

Leaf has a nicer steering wheel, they both handle very well IMHO. The Ford has more bells and whisles, but the dash and column feels cluttered because of that. Leaf has far more cargo capacity, but I think one could live with the Focus quite nicely. Wish I had waited, but such is life......

If you know someone that want's a Ford Focus EV, Thoroughbred Ford has one. $38,500 out the door, perhaps less if they are a good negotiator.... I ordered it with the pretty "Ice Storm" color, a sort of silver/blue/green metalic. Good looking, IMHO....

Was driving with Mom yesterday, going east on Barry Road just past Red Lobster when a dropped-top VW Beetle came up beside me on the right. The gal in the passenger seat looked over, smiled and put her arm in the air & gave me a thumbs up! Loved the kudos and mom got a kick out of it! It is so fun when people recognize my electric ride and show some EV love. :D

I drove up to Atchison Kansas today. I visited the birthplace of Amelia Earhart. I also charged L2/220v at a campsite for the first time. I also did a little gorilla charging down by the river.

The campsite is at Warnock Lake. There is no one on staff and the campsite charges are on the honor system. I left a dollar in one of the provided envelopes.

65380_480611712004453_1414084054_n.jpg

526888_480611715337786_1500579002_n.jpg

Amelia Earhart birthplace.

206_480611745337783_1594950036_n.jpg

Gorilla charging 110v down by the river.

524639_480611762004448_1654591955_n.jpg

cdherman said:
Mark,
Please, whatever you do, don't take this wrong. But it's guerrilla charging.... :D
Yes, Mark created quite an image for me (gorilla with a ChargePoint card). Let's give hime a break, though, because Mark preeveeusly admitted to having ishues with speelling. :lol:

Those were great pics, Mark! Keep it up, road warrior!

Kathy

Back