LEAF in Kansas City

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IraqiInvaderGnr said:
eclecticflower said:
IraqiInvaderGnr said:
Anyone know if harley Davidson charging station is available after hours?
Don't know about Worth Harley Davidson having a station, but Randy Reed Nissan (off I-29/Tiffany Springs Parkway on NW Prairie View Rd.) is a couple doors down and they have 3 each Level 2 stations. They may be blocked by parked cars, but the cables stretch pretty far and there is no gate blocking entry to the parking lot. I've used them after business hours a couple times, but it's been awhile (I'm not aware that they turn them off after business hours). They're listed on PlugShare as follows:

Randy Reed Nissan
Ports: 3 EV Plug (J1772)s
Address: 9600 NW Prairie View Rd., Kansas City, MO, 64153
Phone: (877) 216-2541
Hours: Dealership business hours

You could call ahead to check...
Kathy

I wouldn't plan on using that dealer again as it seems they're closed permanently. Any other good charging spots on north end?

The dealer changed ownership. Hard to know what that means. The randy reed website is now Fenton Nissan. But I think there is still a dealer there, but they perhaps have not yet established their own online presence.

As for the Harley Davidson EVSE -- they are in the parking lot of the Harley factory. I used them once, before I have my 120v EVSE converted. I think as long as ChargePoint says its still free, then it is.... Its in the MIDDLE OF NO WHERE!!!! You will not believe that there are ESVE's out there, but they are there. I suspect that the Harley plant and most of the employee's and visitors (they have a visitors center) are really puzzled why they are there. Not your usual destination for EV drivers.

If anyone reading this needs that location, but is scared of the location, you can find me on Plugshare -- I have a 240v outside. I am not far from Zona Rosa, off 1-29

cdherman said:
The dealer changed ownership. Hard to know what that means. The randy reed website is now Fenton Nissan. But I think there is still a dealer there, but they perhaps have not yet established their own online presence.
They're still open, but now they're Fenton. I stopped by for a charge a few days ago (without a problem) and was told they became Fenton in November.

Happy New Year, everyone!

I paid my property tax for my Nissan LEAF last weekend and got my Alternative Fuel Sticker (this year is Yellow) and 2016 license plate tabs on Tuesday.

Fun times.

So when is the Kansas City area going to get Fast DC CHADEMO charging stations?

The pilot light went out. I'm getting quotes on a ladder to climb down to restart it. There's a gentleman named Bealizbub who will be home from noon until 4 during the four hour maintenance window. :lol:

On a different note, the Leaf handled it all fine this morning. Took a picture of the -9*F temp. I will see how many battery temp bars are lit at lunch. Currently sitting in the office below a "heating" vent that's blowing cold air....sigh

I watched my dash temp indicator quickly drop from 29 degrees (as I left my garage with 4 temp bars) to -4 as I hit the Bond Bridge this morning. :shock: I thought it was supposed to be -10 according to the crawl displayed on TV...but I didn't see below -4 when I parked in our garage. It felt every bit like -10 walking the short distance to our enclosed walkway bridge over Charlotte St. Brrrrr! I shoulda (coulda) stayed home...(but then, where's the challenge in that? :p ).

So parked this a.m. with 4 battery temp bars. At 10am it was down to 3 and at lunch 1230 it was down to 1. A trip to the grocery for chicken strips and gravy warmed it up to 2 bars but suspect that 0 showing will be the result at the end of business.

ksnogas2112 said:
So parked this a.m. with 4 battery temp bars. At 10am it was down to 3 and at lunch 1230 it was down to 1. A trip to the grocery for chicken strips and gravy warmed it up to 2 bars but suspect that 0 showing will be the result at the end of business.

I've not quite figured out the Temp bars yet on this '13. I left home this morning with 4 bars (battery temp 40F) and got to work with 4.

Left work with 2 temp bars (battery temp 14F) arrived home with 3 temp bars (24F). Just out of curiosity do you know the actually temp of the battery?

IraqiInvaderGnr said:
ksnogas2112 said:

I've not quite figured out the Temp bars yet on this '13. I left home this morning with 4 bars (battery temp 40F) and got to work with 4.

Left work with 2 temp bars (battery temp 14F) arrived home with 3 temp bars (24F). Just out of curiosity do you know the actually temp of the battery?
I think there's a breakdown in the wiki.

ksnogas2112 said:
Got in the car after 5:00 pm and there were NO temp bars displayed at start-up :eek: . It gained a temp bar by the time I topped the Bond bridge coming up 71 hwy. from TMC. By then, my dash said the outside temp was 3 degrees :shock: (up from 2 in the TMC parking garage) . I must say, this is one tough winter. I never saw a total depletion of my battery temp bars last winter.

@Kathy, last winter never saw anything below 3. This winter I've seen 2 bars 3x, 1 once and if this keeps up I'll see quite a few 3's by the time done at the office. I think the only reason I didn't have 0 bars at the end of the day was because I parked in the sun and drove during lunch.

@GNR - w/o using the actual battery apps we don't know the exact temp but the wiki would have the estimates from the manuals.

4 = 23-59*F
3= 18-39*F
2= 10-36*f
1= 5- (-)2*F
0 = pilot light out

Today I also felt like with a cold battery it didn't matter if I was in drive or ECO, the throttle response felt the same. Of course all regen was almost completely missing. I only had 1 bubble available. Yeah cold battery. But hey, there's no battery degradation during the winter.

ksnogas2112 said:
Today I also felt like with a cold battery it didn't matter if I was in drive or ECO, the throttle response felt the same. Of course all regen was almost completely missing. I only had 1 bubble available. Yeah cold battery. But hey, there's no battery degradation during the winter.
Felt that way for me, too, just gliding through thin air in ECO like being in D. Battling funky feeling brakes, too, lately with the cold. Reminds me of everyone's grabby brakes...but I keep in mind how my old ICE cars performed in the cold before warming up (no engine heat warming anything in our cars). Lots of trouble getting the window up, too. Wouldn't roll it down at all, but have to badge in and out of our parking garage. Window motor's too cold to crank...frozen goop? Looking forward to temps in the 20s today (heat wave).

I drove the Prius yesterday (the cold day). Today, took the Leaf, but topped it for 30 min (on top of my 80% usual charge) and left home with 4 temp bars, garaged, and showing 11 charge bars, at 7 AM.. 16 miles later, with heater and/or defrost, arrived at work with still 7 bars showing. Lowest temp was 8 deg IIRC

I parked in UMKC parking structure, where it seems you can park in the charging slot with no worry (but don't park next to it, without a proper sticker), as my first AM meetings were closer to the UMKC end of the complex anyhow.....

Plugged my Leaf it, we have another Leafer in the UMKC SOM building who unplugged me later, but after I was back to 80%. No problem at all. And the other Leaf has a proper parking sticker, so he can park next to my car in a non-charging spot and not get a ticket. He left me a note a while back with his phone number. So long as he always comes later and takes the juice after I have tanked up, no worries....

Left at around 6:30 PM -- other Leaf must have came and went after and before, as he was gone. But I still had 4 temp bars.

Drove with abandon going home. 16 miles with 10 charge bars. Heater took its toll, down to 4 charge bars after 16 miles. Temp bars remained at 4.

Looks like you have to expose the Leaf to some really nasty low temps to get those temp bars down....

ksnogas2112 said:
Whooo hoo!!!! 5 battery temp bars and outside temp of 65*F yesterday. Car felt back to normal. Got the cars washed...by hand. Hope everyone enjoyed the beautiful weather.
The desire was there, but the patience for sitting in long lines was not. Plus, I forgot to bring my Absorber towel (I always hand-dry; hate drips), so I passed right on by my 2 favorite car-washes. I did manage to remove all my animated crystal deer & figures from the front yard, though (g'bye Christmas). Thought crossed my mind to hook my bike rack into my recently installed hitch...but it was too windy and not THAT warm here (my dash said 58 at the time)! Gorgeous day!

Back