LEAF in Kansas City

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eclecticflower said:
I'm very flexible, any time works for me. If everyone would post their availability, surely there's ONE date that everyone can attend? :)

One of the Sept 13,14,15 days would work for me....

That would make three of us. I say 4 is a quorum (do we have 4?).....

Well, we have 2 Daves, Mark, Eric, Tom and me. I would love to see all 6 LEAFs that weekend if everyone can make it, Saturday or Sunday sounds good (we'd have 2 whites, 1 silver, 2 reds and 1 black LEAF, if all come). Let's do a roll call.

All KC area LEAFers, please quote the section below in a response and add your name to the date(s) you're available (I'll do either day):

Saturday, 9/14: Kathy
Sunday, 9/15: Kathy

Once the date is final, we can update the LEAFfest thread and/or PM everyone to confirm date/time.

Thanks,
Kathy

Saturday, 9/14: Kathy, Tom, Dave H
Sunday, 9/15: Kathy, Tom, Dave H

I can do those dates, host or meet at some other location. I could now charge on at least 5 different 240v outlets and quick240 setups. So lets all plug in and spin that meter!!! I personally have 2 chargers, a Clipper Creek and the modified Leaf unit. Plus lots of 240v opportunities for all....

Would have some genuine Kansas range fed, no hormone beef burgers, topped with my dearest wife's heirloom tomatoes....

Looks like we now have 4 confirmed as available! :D

Saturday, 9/14: Kathy, Tom, Dave H, Mark,
Sunday, 9/15: Kathy, Tom, Dave H, Mark,

Tom is going to contact Eric.
I'm awaiting a response from Dave #2.

-Kathy

Saturday, 9/14: Kathy, Tom, Dave H, Mark, Dave R,
Sunday, 9/15: Kathy, Tom, Dave H, Mark, Dave R

Either day should work for me as well, at least the way it looks right now.

I appreciate the invite.

Dave R.

BTW, the EVSE at the Johnson County Central Library @87th and Grant is down. It's been reported...2x now and is displaying on Chargpoint as not available but still showing on Plugshare as active.

Just fyi. The county is aware.

Saturday, 9/14: Kathy, Tom, Dave H, Mark, Dave R, Eric V
Sunday, 9/15: Kathy, Tom, Dave H, Mark, Dave R, Eric V

Either works for me too.

ERIC

BTW, all the Walgreens stations in KC now cost $2.49 per hour. You either need a Semacharge card or can use your credit card on their website, Semacharge.com

OK, 9/14 or 9/15 both are good. I am inclined to 9/14 and thinking perhaps 4PM. We chat, meet one another, plug in any one that needs or desires a few extra electrons for the drive home, have a safe ammt of adult beverages if desired, grill some burgers and call it a day by mid evening.

Or are there votes for a noon event? Could "watch" the solar panels feed the Leafs...... Other than that, not much to advocate for noon.....

cdherman said:
OK, 9/14 or 9/15 both are good. I am inclined to 9/14 and thinking perhaps 4PM. We chat, meet one another, plug in any one that needs or desires a few extra electrons for the drive home, have a safe ammt of adult beverages if desired, grill some burgers and call it a day by mid evening.

Or are there votes for a noon event? Could "watch" the solar panels feed the Leafs...... Other than that, not much to advocate for noon.....
Saturday 9/14 @ 4:00 p.m. is a good choice, so let's do that! I very much appreciate your hosting the gathering. Should we resurrect the LEAFfest thread and start a list of menu items to bring? Any food preferences? I can do organic, as well.

Eric, thanks for sharing. It's a shame Walgreens has started charging $2.49/hour per session here, considering how far behind the early-release states we were in our ability to buy a LEAF. They should've instituted a graduated structure nation-wide for fee-charging. Since Walgreens placed their EVSEs so much earlier than the LEAF became available here, the optimum scenario (IMO) would've been to allow free fueling until after the vehicles hit the roads here in volume, then institute a reasonable fee for time used, not a flat rate of $2.49/hour, regardles of session length < hour. Here it looks like that'll probably be 2 years, since it's a year after I bought and I still rarely ever see a LEAF (or Volt or anything else) in the wild, but I've purposely shopped at Walgreens periodically and used their EVSE (15 minutes at a time) just to show them it was worth installing, even though their staff was oblivious to what that "thing" was (until I explained it :roll:). Since Walgreens is only a few blocks from my home, I'll still be a patron, but probably less frequently and I won't be using their EVSE. Since it's nearly a mile from the nearest highway, I hope it comes in handy for someone in need who's willing to pay that fee for the convenience. I don't want it to be rendered useless and turned off, due to lack of use.

Have all the Wallgreens in the KC area with ESVEs begun charging fees to recharge? I've never charged at Wallgreens but if they are all doing that now I'll make it a point to not charge there, unless really necessary.

Dave

DaveInKansas said:
Have all the Wallgreens in the KC area with ESVEs begun charging fees to recharge? I've never charged at Wallgreens but if they are all doing that now I'll make it a point to not charge there, unless really necessary.

Dave

Probably but not all Walgreens have EVSE's. There's only 10 in the metro and in the case of Olathe, there's a free county EVSE across the street from the Walgreens with an EVSE.

OK, six Leaf's for 9/14 4 PM

Does PlugShare plugs interface with the Leaf Navi system? If so, you all already have my address -- its the plug about 1.2 miles west of the Zona Rosa up north on Barry Rd.

If not, I can post my address.....

As for what to bring -- let me ask the boss and get back to you.....

ksnogas2112 said:
I think I found it. A couple blocks off Barry Road, listed under David?

Couple blocks is generous. On the east side of the road there are some cross streets, but my place is the first place off Barry Rd, going south on Mace Rd, on the west side. House sits up a bit of a drive on a hill, behind trees and a white fence....

I don't generally like posting addresses....

Occurs to me that I could just post old fashioned directions:

From south, using I-435, take 152 east exit, then 4 miles aprox to Amity Rd, south, then left (east) onto Barry. After a steep hill, about 1/4 mile, first right will be onto Mace Rd. 8324 will be on your right, about 200 yards down Mace.

From south, using 635 and I-29 -- Use I-29 to Barry Rd, then west on Barry Rd (go past Zona Rosa) about 1.4 miles. Second hill after Barry reduces to 4 lanes, and ditches the turning lane, there will be a left turn onto Mace (south). See above for rest....

From points north or east, use 152 and Amity, as noted above...

As the date approaches, I'll probably post coordinates. Suffice to say -- its actually very easy to get here!

Back