LEAF S can you 80% charge

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstack6

I have an SV and can charge to 80% and set the time to charge.

My friend has a S LEAF, can they also 80% charge and set time to start stop the charge?
They don't have the same screen or buttons.

The S has a charge timer, but not as many settings as the SV/SL. You can set an end time for charging and the car will automatically calculate the appropriate start time so that the charge is complete at the time you specify. You can set the charge to either 80% or 100%.

You cannot specify a start time.

For the S model, everything is controlled through the "trip computer" using the top two buttons in the cluster between the steering wheel and the door. You push the top left button until you see the Settings menu in the bottom center of the dash, then follow the directions. As stjohnh says, the timer is not nearly as sophisticated. No start time, no two separate timers, no settings by day of the week, no timer-associated 80%. But because of the back calculation stjohnh mentioned, the end-only timer can be quite useful.

The 2013 SV and SL have two different ways to set an 80% limit, one of them independent of the timer. The S model has only the one which is independent of the timer. This can be irritating at times. You can't use the timer-override button to temporarily override 80% charging. You have to go in to the settings menu and choose the 100% option. Then you have to remember later to go back into the settings to resume 80% charging.

Ray

Thanks Ray, I got to set this on my friends 2013 LEAF S and it seems ok just not as complete and no day of the week variables line the center screen options on the higher models. At lease it can be set. The over ride is handy too.

I'm also still waiting for Nissan to add a 90 and 95% limit but they never have. Tesla has 0-100% charge limit you set in seconds.

COMPARED TO FORD FOCUS EV it's much better than the Focus EV options that never work and only can be done on line in older model software.

Back