LEAF Service Manual available from Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chortle

I have a 2012 Leaf and I have been monitoring this forum since I ordered my car. I really like driving it as much today as the first day I got it.

I realized from the moment I ordered the car that it would be a work in process just like the Model T was for those early buyers.

My question to the group concerns the Climate Control system, specifically the cabin air re-circulation function.

I give up, trying to shift into recirculate mode through any combination of push buttons.

I am ready to go "hard core" on this thing and someone on this forum should be able to help.

I want to "manually" by way of a forced lever or cable, close the fresh (cold) air on my feet.

When we push the recirculate button something opens and closes the outside air, a valve, a gate, a shutter, something closes.

One of our readers has had the chance to look over a wrecked Leaf, how about a few pictures of the air handling system, to give me a clue, where to start working.

Thanks in advance

Bill Matley

It looks like no one has any information about the recirculation/fresh air system of the Leaf.

I did some looking and found hundreds of pages of documentation on the leaf. In these documents I found what I was looking for.

Perhaps this link is already known by every Leaf owner in America and the World. If it's "old news" I am sorry, but I think I hit the "Mother Lode".

Take a look and let me know.

I think the "brains" on this forum can do lots with this stuff.

Bill Matley

Yeah. You can't really post links to pirated software, and since the LEAF service manual is not available without charge your link would qualify as such. Best to visit the official Nissan site, where you can download the whole thing legally for $20:

http://www.electricvehiclewiki.com/Nissan_LEAF_Service_Manual" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can do what you like, buy what you like, pay what you like, say what you like, but the link I have included is a public link to a public site.

It is the property of NICO (Nissan Infinity Car Owners) and they provide this material at their site http://www.nicoclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If it's pirated software, Nissan should take their site down.

Right now, it's in the public domain.

Google, found it for me and I suggest you do what feels right for you.

chortle said:
It looks like no one has any information about the recirculation/fresh air system of the Leaf.

I did some looking and found hundreds of pages of documentation on the leaf. In these documents I found what I was looking for.

Perhaps this link is already known by every Leaf owner in America and the World. If it's "old news" I am sorry, but I think I hit the "Mother Lode".

Take a look and let me know.

I think the "brains" on this forum can do lots with this stuff.

Bill Matley

Did you forget to include the link, or was this moderated? I would hope that moderators would announce their edits?

This is an interesting page at the Leaf forum that all Leaf owners should visit.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/nissan-leaf-factory-service-manuals-t588920.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back