leaf spy stable?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ka1rdr

hello,
I bought a used 2021 40kwh leaf in September 2023. I like the car and get 140+ mi per charge in perfect conditions (not too cold and no fast driving).
Cold temps drop the range to 120mi (easy pedal and low heat). The car auto breaking and lane control activated at improper times after I bought it. I shut it off
and haven't any more control problems. It activated when I didn't need any "help" and could have caused an accident.

Does LeafSpy read reliable values? I check the log when it's working and noticed that the SOH jumped back up almost 0.5 % a few days ago.
10/23/2023 It was at 93.81% originally but it had slowly decreased to 92.74% on11/29.2023. On 11/30/2023. it had risen to 93.21% and dropped to 93.19%
on 12/16/2023.

My priority of wishes; the leaf had better range, active battery temp control, CCS & more efficient passenger heat but I still like the car.
The leaf is a good value if you understand the limitations.

SOH is known to fluctuate based on a number of factors related to the battery, with temperature being one of the major ones. It could be that the average ambient temperatures fell within November and the battery controller readjusted as the battery performed better than expected.

LEAF SPY has been around a long time, well supported and it is READING what is in the ECU.... so is it stable?

It varies because the battery is not "stable".... it changes over time and may show better or worse values over time; you are looking for trends over long periods. It is a snap shot and it is what the car is reporting. If you are getting "bad" numbers don't panic. You can do things in charging to help. You know not to discharge below say 20% if able. You know not to charge over 80% routinely and go 100% as needed. You know not to charge to 100% and let it sit for a day or days. Long term storage should be in the 60% ball park give or take.

Back