Leaf touchscreen info hub powered by Microsoft

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.allcarselectric.com/blog/1050682_the-2011-nissan-leaf-may-have-an-iphone-app-but-runs-windows

While Nissan may have had access to Windows Embedded Automotive 7 for engineering purposes, Microsoft’s official launch of the system occurred yesterday.
Microsoft’s Embedded Automotive software is already in use by several automakers, including Ford, whose acclaimed Ford Sync system allows a seamless integration between cellphones, portable music devices and the car. Ford’s system offers similar features to those found in the 2011 Nissan Leaf, including voice-activated dialling, satellite navigation, and even emergency assistance in the event of an accident.

Other automakers who have used Microsoft’s auto version of its embedded software include BMW, Fiat, Honda, Acura and Mercedes.

EVDRIVER said:
Great, they had to sour the leaf with Microsoft. I make it a policy to not support their products and have nothing with Microsoft OS at all. Yuck.

I have the same policy of avoiding anything related to Microsoft products, my problem is that I already made a reservation for the Leaf and I really like all other features of the car.

If I could put the touchscreen controlling my Nexus One Android phone, at least I could use Google maps with satellite images...

Back