LeafSpy

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shameem

Hello Forum,

I will shortly receive my ODB2. I saw in App Store the LeafSpy Pro only which is at 19.99 USD. Is there a free version?

Thanking you in advance.

I have already bought my LeafSpy Pro.
I plugged it in and put the car on.
I can't find any data on the software. Can someone help?
Thank you!

Adding some more info for your understanding...
You will find a picture of the LeafSpy Settings interface where I should have been able to "Register Current SSID as an OBDII Adapter". I'm unable to do it.

I have added a picture of the OBD dongle that I bought which is compatible Android and iOS.

FYI, my LeafSpy Pro is installed on my iPhone.

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0586.PNG
    IMG_0586.PNG
    246 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2024-03-23 at 19.34.41.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-23 at 19.34.41.png
    907.6 KB · Views: 1
Might be obvious, but you did Bluetooth pair the dongle with your phone before starting the app?

And per other posts, it is recommended to start only in this order - 1) power the dongle in the port (it's always powered) 2) turn on your car, full drive mode (not acc) and 3) then start the app.

I have increased the font on my android (old eyes) and get a warning on app start to reset the font, otherwise this does cause some data to not show on screen. So, better to reduce the font before starting app.

PS - I am using a generic dongle and Lite, did not get any registry requests

Ditto on what RPaulThomas said. I never had to register an SSID in order to use LeafSpy. And to emphasize one point he made, make sure you do bluetooth pairing TO THE OBDII DONGLE. Bluetooth to the car's infotainment system will not help.

I think the best way to get this running is to use an OBD adapter that is recommended and tested with LeafSpy. Those are listed in the LeafSpy help file.
If you use a BLE adapter (LeLink2) you dont even have to pair your phone with the adapter.

Back