OBC ERROR CODE 2012 Leaf.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattLeafzen0

Hello everyone,
Today my leaf start acting up after I tried using a public charger, (L2) 11kw. The charging starting and cut off after 2mins or so and the charger itself went offline . I unplug it and went to another charger and its works. But then I had problem starting the car twice today for few minutes, it's will start half but won't go on gears, but works after about 2 to 3x trying.i run DtC code on leafspy Pro and its returns this error code:

>P3173-00 C9 EV/HEV On Board Charger Sys EVC-236.

I tried clearing it but it's didn't erase. Any one with any previous experience with this problem? The 12v battery is over 14v on Leafspy pro, was replaced in November 2023. I suspect the charging station was faulty because I charged at home on my wallbox before I left home and there was no problem at all. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

I don't have the manual for the 2012 but 2015 shows that as a PDM code. Are there any other DTC along with the PDM code? The manual says to diagnose the other codes 1st. If not run PDM self diagnosis but I haven't read how you do that, likely with Nissan Consult tool.
edit: should fail safe to limited power output to motor. Both QC and normal charge locked-out.

Last edited:
I don't have the manual for the 2012 but 2015 shows that as a PDM code. Are there any other DTC along with the PDM code? The manual says to diagnose the other codes 1st. If not run PDM self diagnosis but I haven't read how you do that, likely with Nissan Consult tool.
edit: should fail safe to limited power output to motor. Both QC and normal charge locked-out.
Thanks for info, there were codes when I read the dtc but those other codes return as OK, just this was the only error code. I am charging now on my wallbox ,the car is charging but I fear its a sign I should resolve something.

According to what I read, if it is charging, then the code is not active. I could be misreading the manual. You can download the 2012 manual in sections from the NICO (Nissan owners group) website, and I would recommend doing so.
May be it will self-clear if the associated trouble codes are gone. the 3173 code is just that the PDM detects a DTC that effects it.

According to what I read, if it is charging, then the code is not active. I could be misreading the manual. You can download the 2012 manual in sections from the NICO (Nissan owners group) website, and I would recommend doing so.
May be it will self-clear if the associated trouble codes are gone. the 3173 code is just that the PDM detects a DTC that effects it.
Thanks so much I will download the manual and read .

Back