LET'S BUILD THE CALIFORNIA WEST COAST ELECTRIC HIGHWAY

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First draft:

image.jpg1_2.jpg

Slick looking map, Tony!

But won't Washingtonians feel slighted by the implication that Seattle's the only interesting city on I-5? Bellingham, Tacoma, and Olympia also have DCQC pretty close to I-5, too. I'll grant that Centralia and Castle Rock are maybe a little bucolic, though

Levenkay said:
Slick looking map, Tony!

But won't Washingtonians feel slighted by the implication that Seattle's the only interesting city on I-5? Bellingham, Tacoma, and Olympia also have DCQC pretty close to I-5, too. I'll grant that Centralia and Castle Rock are maybe a little bucolic, though

Oh, I find that there's somebody who will be offended by almost anything!

Washington and Oregon already have a chart... this is for CALIFORNIA.

http://www.westcoastgreenhighway.com/pdfs/WCEH_map.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I saw the following posted in front of the quick charger on UC-Davis' campus:

ic4xXMj.jpg

#1.) Why can't this be done at the state level?

#2.) Note that one of the institutional partners is the "PH&EV" Research Center, which is part of the Institute for Transportation Studies, headed by CARB board member and friend-of-hydrogen Dan Sperling. Perhaps this would be a good place to draw attention to and/or hand out copies of the plan outlined in this topic's letter? Odds are comments would get to him even if he weren't present.

The (tiny) url shown leads to a simple 9-question SurveyMonkey survey asking basic questions, including how you'd like to participate. One of the two focus groups (an option for participation) listed already occurred on Saturday the 11th, but it looks like another might happen on Thursday the 16th.

Via GCC:
Recargo progressing with WCEH fast-charger buildout; subcontract with Supercharger builder Black & Veach
http://www.greencarcongress.com/2016/09/20160925-recargo.html

Earlier this year, Recargo, parent company to PlugShare, a leading charging station locator app, was awarded more than $1.6 million from the California Energy Commission (CEC) to help complete key routes of the West Coast Electric Highway (WCEH), a network of fast charging and Level 2 electric vehicle stations expected to stretch from Canada to Mexico. . . .

The award was part of nearly $9 million in grants that went to four companies—Chargepoint Inc.; EV Connect Inc.; NRG EV Services LLC; and Recargo, Inc.—which will install 61 DC fast chargers at 41 sites along major routes on Interstate 5, Highway 99 and Highway 101 . . . Additionally, 40 sites will have one Level 2 charger, and one site will have two Level 2 chargers. . . .

Recargo will be placing DC fast-charging stations at key sites in Buellton, Santa Maria, San Luis Obispo, Paso Robles, King City, Greenfield, Gonzales, and Gilroy. The stations will be compatible with both the CCS plug used by electric vehicles manufactured by BMW, GM, and Volkswagen, and the CHAdeMO plug used by Kia, Nissan, and Mitsubishi.

Recargo plans to install a minimum of one 50 kW charger plus one Level 2 station at each of the eight sites. In two of the locations, Recargo will also install an additional 50 kW charger. The stations will be located directly off US-101 in safe, illuminated areas with the kinds of amenities drivers and passengers look for during long-distance trips. . . .

Interesting idea. However, it is all up to the money intrests that own Jerry Brown.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jamie-court/jerry-browns-dirty-hands_b_11452414.html

jkline said:
Interesting idea. However, it is all up to the money intrests that own Jerry Brown.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jamie-court/jerry-browns-dirty-hands_b_11452414.html

The money is already allocated. I don't think the PUC scandal will affect this funding at all.

All the stations on the last grant cycle should be completed by the end of the year. Recargo has two years to build.

Paul

We are not to far off from this. I was at one of the new 25 KW on the grape vine today . If we fill in a few hole on 99 and will be able to drive LA to Sac with a little planning. I think that as the route opens, then shops will add L2 along the routes, L3 will come in a short time. I think the east routes will be harder to get buy in, Vegas would be a hard route in a 30 KWH car too many hills. maybe 10 could be next? close the gap between Chiriaco Summit to Blythe? It will be fun to watch happen.

Back