List of Nissan Dealers who will sell LEAF for MSRP or Less

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evnow said:
leaffan said:
Can anyone figure my approximate lease payment on an SL if I get $1K off MSRP and $300 off the doc fee? I may be mistaken, but I figured it would be around $340 +$32 = $372 (9.3% tax) for the SL...at least $415 without the discounts.

Better check with them first that the $1K off is for both lease & buy.

Here is what my math is so far (i am leasing mine).
Assuming you qualify for the full 7500 tax.
The residual is about 44-45% of MSRP (32,780 on the SV X 45% = 14,751)
the lease factor is probably about 0.0025.
1999 includes 1st payment so it is $1648 down
25,280 <14,751> <1648> = $8881 /36mon = $246/month
The lease factor rate come out to about $95/mon calculated at 0.0025

Bottom line $1000 less in price is about $33 less per month

evnow said:
Deezelpower said:
Bottom line $1000 less in price is about $33 less per month

My calculation says $19. Somehow I don't think leaffan will be that excited to hear this ;-)

1000 less on a 60-72 mon purchase is about $18-20 / month depending on interest
1000 less on a 36 mon lease is about $33/mon based my guess-timated lease factor (remember- banker=Good w/#s ;)

Not sure if you saw this on another thread, but it looks like a great deal if you're within 200 miles of San Diego.

Quoting below another recent thread below...............

That's right I said it. Any member of this forum who contacts me will get the car discounted $500 dollars off the msrp that you configure. There's enough money in this car that I am willing to give a special discount to forum members if you guys are willing to spread the word. You can email me directly, and this goes whether or not you have already reserved from me or not. When it's time for you to request your dealer quote you get to choose. Get in touch with me in advance so we can get it all set up. I want to get all the info to you in advance of your order so we can submit your order as quickly as possible to get you in the front of the line. Cars will be built in the order that the dealer quotes are confirmed. You don't even need to come down to the dealer. You request the quote, I send it to you, you agree, I press a button, and off it goes. There is no additional paperwork, credit , stuff or anything. Let me know what you think. Leon Kamins, General Manager [email protected].

858-565-4411x205

Just curious....as we see the dealer dealing heating up....what would be in it for a dealer such as Fontana Nissan to offer this deal of $1000 less than MSRP and free shipping? Is it if they sell a lot of Leafs now, they will get more later allocated to them, for good will, or ????
Your thoughts?

I have emailed Santa Monica Nissan and Downtown LA Nissan (both in the Los Angeles area) asking if they know of the Fontana Nissan offer and if they will be matching it. I will post what I hear from them.
Perhaps others of us can ask our local dealers the same.

evnow said:
leaffan said:
Can anyone figure my approximate lease payment on an SL if I get $1K off MSRP and $300 off the doc fee? I may be mistaken, but I figured it would be around $340 +$32 = $372 (9.3% tax) for the SL...at least $415 without the discounts.

Better check with them first that the $1K off is for both lease & buy.

Yes, it is. I told him I was leasing. Also, the doc fee is $300 less than AZ, so I would get a $1300 reduction, not just 1K.

Kataphn said:
Just curious....as we see the dealer dealing heating up....what would be in it for a dealer such as Fontana Nissan to offer this deal of $1000 less than MSRP and free shipping? Is it if they sell a lot of Leafs now, they will get more later allocated to them, for good will, or ????
Your thoughts?

My thoughts on it are like the 'Lemonade' game. Does anyone remember that computer game? If you set your price too high, then you make more money per sale, BUT you don't sell many glasses and you go out of business. When you make your price lower and reasonable, you make less profit on each glass, but you will sell many more glasses and make MUCH more total money than at the higher price. :)
They will definitely get more LEAFs to sell later on as Nissan sees their high volume for the intital rollout.

When new markets, such as the EV market, emerge smart companies in the new ecosystem realize you need to grab attention and market share early while it's inexpensive to do so. Later as the market matures it becomes very expense to grow share because of intense competition. Perhaps that's Fontana Nissan's strategy. Fontana Nissan's $1000 off MSRP has already garnered them a lot of visibility in blogs and articles. That's a whole lot of valuable advertising for $0 cost. As a result they will sell many more Leaf's than the other dealers. If they play their cards right, they could quickly become the number one Leaf sales leader in the country. Once you are the market leader you naturally attract additional sales because customers feel like you must be #1 for a reason.

indyflick said:
When new markets, such as the EV market, emerge smart companies in the new ecosystem realize you need to grab attention and market share early while it's inexpensive to do so. Later as the market matures it becomes very expense to grow share because of intense competition. Perhaps that's Fontana Nissan's strategy. Fontana Nissan's $1000 off MSRP has already garnered them a lot of visibility in blogs and articles. That's a whole lot of valuable advertising for $0 cost. As a result they will sell many more Leaf's than the other dealers. If they play their cards right, they could quickly become the number one Leaf sales leader in the country. Once you are the market leader you naturally attract additional sales because customers feel like you must be #1 for a reason.

They are in an area without many Leaf buyers and far away from others, they simply need to drive orders to their dealership they just don't have and would not get otherwise. The inverse is true for dealers in other areas where there are plenty of customers and few dealers close together, they all agree to hold prices. If they sell many cars they may get allocated more when the market is more open but at that point the market may be different, This is a good deal for them as they can grab new business and do not need to rely on inventory to make the sale and there is no advertising cost. This should lower LA Leaf costs overall. If buyers in the bay area are willing to travel to LA it could impact bay area prices as well. $1000 pays for quite a few hotels and scenic driving from LA to SF and I would assume there may be fast chargers along the way.

EVDRIVER said:
indyflick said:
They are in an area without many Leaf buyers and far away from others, they simply need to drive orders to their dealership they just don't have and would not get otherwise. The inverse is true for dealers in other areas where there are plenty of customers and few dealers close together, they all agree to hold prices. If they sell many cars they may get allocated more when the market is more open but at that point the market may be different, This is a good deal for them as they can grab new business and do not need to rely on inventory to make the sale and there is no advertising cost. This should lower LA Leaf costs overall. If buyers in the bay area are willing to travel to LA it could impact bay area prices as well. $1000 pays for quite a few hotels and scenic driving from LA to SF and I would assume there may be fast chargers along the way.
But they are less than 70 miles from the coast (Santa Monica). So I would say the nearly the entire LA basin is easily within their immediate market for sure. When you get your Leaf \you going to want to drive it, right? Taking it on a 50, 60, or even 70 mile journey home I see as a benefit. It provides a reason to drive it!

That's a great idea for the bay area buyers. Get a bunch of them together and do a convoy back home. That could actually be a lot of fun!

It's hard to say what motivates people. Some will see nothing but $$ signs dancing before their eyes and run to dealers offering discounts from MSRP. Some will say they have a relationship with their local dealer already, and that's perhaps worth more than saving a few bucks.

I think the least you could (should?) do at this point is tell your preferred dealer that there are now a couple of deals to be had out there that are below MSRP and ask realistically what they would be willing to do to get your business. As is entirely evident, there is still a fair bit of money to be had on this car even if you discount some from MSRP.

I am just rather amazed that below MSRP deals are happening, if I had to be quite honest. It goes to prove that Nissan completely did the right thing in putting the power to close a deal in our hands, and I hope it becomes an example to the industry on how to roll-out hot new models!

True...

You want even more power? Start talking MyNissanLeaf Group buy.

See what deal you can get from everybody here from Phoenix. Everybody here from So Cal. Everybody here from each area gets together and goes to one dealership that gives a good rate and has a good BBB rating.

:)

Gavin

Gavin said:
True...

You want even more power? Start talking MyNissanLeaf Group buy.

See what deal you can get from everybody here from Phoenix. Everybody here from So Cal. Everybody here from each area gets together and goes to one dealership that gives a good rate and has a good BBB rating.

:)

Gavin
Ya I suggested this a month ago (scroll back to page 6 of this thread and you'll find it) but the response from a number of folks was it wouldn't be fair to the dealership and no one thought we could get the Leaf below MSRP anyway. But Mossy Nissan and Fontana Nissan stepped up and did the right thing.

mwalsh said:
It's hard to say what motivates people. Some will see nothing but $$ signs dancing before their eyes and run to dealers offering discounts from MSRP. Some will say they have a relationship with their local dealer already, and that's perhaps worth more than saving a few bucks.

I think the least you could (should?) do at this point is tell your preferred dealer that there are now a couple of deals to be had out there that are below MSRP and ask realistically what they would be willing to do to get your business. As is entirely evident, there is still a fair bit of money to be had on this car even if you discount some from MSRP.

I am just rather amazed that below MSRP deals are happening, if I had to be quite honest. It goes to prove that Nissan completely did the right thing in putting the power to close a deal in our hands, and I hope it becomes an example to the industry on how to roll-out hot new models!

Saving a few bucks? You must have money to burn then, because I don't call saving $1300 a few bucks. That's a nice savings on the monthly lease payment. And I did let all three of my local dealers know about it from the beginning, but they haven't contacted me back yet. :)

mwalsh said:
It's hard to say what motivates people. Some will see nothing but $$ signs dancing before their eyes and run to dealers offering discounts from MSRP.
If you're against saving a $1000 then, as leaffan pointed out, think of it as a free SL upgrde. :mrgreen: And the further value add is they bring the car to you! Does that help?

But actually it's not at all hard to say "what motives people". It's in fact $$. We in business may not like it, but it's a fact. Think about WalMart. They didn't get to be America's number one retailer on service. Ever notice how one gas station has lines of customers and the one across the street, offering gas for five cents more is empty. That's not because of service. Even on this discussion group, the thread "$1000 OFF MSRP ONLY AT FONTANA NISSAN" presently have 835 views whereas "Mossy Kearny Mesa & Poway will discount $500 2 forum members" have only 222.

Back