Lowest efficiency reported

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eeman

Today carwings reported the lowest driving efficiency. The prize went to a driver in Canada, 0.00 Miles/KWHr. That is going to be hard to beat.

Ha! Now THIS is a competition I could be a part of (well, ignoring crappy carwings data, anyway). The Leaf has way more range than we actually need, so I drive the thing like a bat out of hell since the costs are negligible and it's just so fun to drive! :lol:

Amazingly, though, I'm still getting about 2.7-2.8 miles/kWh (based on my meter between the breaker and the EVSE, ignoring carwings, Blink, and the Leaf's reporting). Dropping that down to 0.00 might be difficult...

I dropped by the local Tesla showroom today to sit in one of the last new Roadsters before they sell out of them.

The salesman was nice and didn't seem to have an axe to grind. But when he asked, and I told him how much range I was getting with my LEAF, he was surprised that I was able to get 86 miles because he said he knows someone who bought a small fleet of LEAFs for delivery vehicles in LA and the best they were able to get was about 35 miles!!!! So he said that they returned them all.

I'll say right now that I don't believe that it is even possible to get a range of only 35 miles with the LEAF, unless you're putting it on a race track.

Maybe he misunderstood and the guy was getting 35 miles roundtrip. Or maybe it was just Tesla FUD. I mean, nice as he was, he was still a salesman.

Boomer23 said:
The salesman was nice and didn't seem to have an axe to grind. But when he asked, and I told him how much range I was getting with my LEAF, he was surprised that I was able to get 86 miles because he said he knows someone who bought a small fleet of LEAFs for delivery vehicles in LA and the best they were able to get was about 35 miles!!!! So he said that they returned them all.
Sounds like bull puckey to me. If you try to pin him down, it'll turn out that he heard it from someone who heard it from someone who... There's no way this actually happened without the story hitting this forum.
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night...

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night...

LOVE that movie! and yes, I call BS on the Tesla guy.

Back