Maintenance+Plus

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when I bought my 2005 prius, one toyota dealer in south carolina was on the forums offering great deals on pre-paid service. i was able to pay $650 to get my first 11 visits prepaid, and I could just roll into any dealer and leave with a zero bill. I thought it worked out great.
I think sticker was maybe $1,200.

Curious about it here, but seeing $750 quoted seems a little steep relatively given no oil change involved.

It was late at night and I wasn't thinking straight and ended up buying the Maintenance+Plus schedule 2 (every 6 month checkup) service for 60/75k service at $1200 (roughly) and Service+Plus 72/75k for $2200+. I don't understand what the differences are but I know I over paid for the Service+Plus contact so I'm going to cancel it and may get it from some other dealer (like Santa Rosa mentioned here http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) once I understand all the fine-print. I don't think I can cancel the Maintenance+Plus or renegotiate the price to $900 or so.

The differences and what's performed during Maintenance+Plus is in http://www.nissanusa.com/content/dam/nissan/pdf/techpubs/leaf/2011/2011-leaf-service-maintenance-guide.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .

From what I can tell it's just tire rotations, filter changes, "mult-ipoint" inspections, and with 2 12-month battery usage reports. So unless I'm paying more than $120 for each inspections it's not worth it.

Can anyone share how much they pay for schedule 2 inspections?

When I bought my Leaf, I wasn't offered the Maintenance+Plus or Service+Plus. I was offered some kind of extended warranty instead. But I would have declined them all the same anyway.

Even for ICE cars, 90% of the maintenance is just inspection (eye service) and they don't even lift a finger to do anything except to raise the hood of your car, and if you're lucky, put your car up on a rack to look underneath (if they even bother remove the underside plastic cover. Even most scheduled services that require fluid changes can be done a lot cheaper outside of the dealership. Even for major repairs, I'd rather find a local shop that specializes in repair of my car brand first.

Back