Manual holder - what are the velcro strips for?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonT

I do not recall seeing this asked before - forgive me if this is a dupe.

Got my car today (yay!) and was looking at the little stretchy-strapy thing designed to hold the manuals that come with the car. It mostly makes sense, except that there are two big patches of velcro on the back of it. I'm guessing this means I'm supposed to be able to "stick" the manuals somewhere, but I can't figure out where. Anyone figure this out?

I was thinking of posting the same question. I can't figure out where the manual velcro should be attached either. It adheres to almost anything (like the carpets and mats).

JasonT said:
I do not recall seeing this asked before - forgive me if this is a dupe.

Got my car today (yay!) and was looking at the little stretchy-strapy thing designed to hold the manuals that come with the car. It mostly makes sense, except that there are two big patches of velcro on the back of it. I'm guessing this means I'm supposed to be able to "stick" the manuals somewhere, but I can't figure out where. Anyone figure this out?
I believe in most Nissan vehicles, the glovebox is carpeted, so the manual holder keeps it from sliding around... I just flipped mine upside down and allow the leather to keep it from sliding around in the glovebox...

I put a piece of felt I had on mine to cover the Velcro strips. Works well to prevent it from sticking to things and gives enough resistance to keep it from sliding around to much in the glove box. Course the glove box is kinda funky and barely fits in there as it is.

Still curious to see how the Velcro is supposed to work in a "normal" Nissan glove box.

GeekEV said:
Sliding around? Mine doesn't even fit flat in there, let alone slide around...
Ah, I tried just putting it in the glovebox like that, but I couldn't get it to go all the way to the back, so I rotated it so it goes to the back, but can slide around a bit.

It is designed to be placed on a seat back, or on the carpet in the cargo area so it won't slide around. Keep in mind, repeated removals (if not done carefully) will impact the seatback fabric (pulling it up with the removal of the manual "thong"). I just put mine in the EVSE container attached to the side of the cargo area as the EVSE is in my garage charging my car at night.
Velcro-manuals-small.jpg

I asked CS rep Lindsay this question during a call on another matter, and she in turn had to ask another CS rep for an answer.

The manual holder fits nicely under the passenger seat!

I arranged mine with the passenger seat moved to the rear adjustment position (for longer legs). Then, I positioned the package with the holding strap fastener towards the front, with about 3/4 inch visible in front of the seat bottom.

You can easily access the manuals without removing the holder, and it will not interfere with a passenger's legs. The Velcro attachment to the carpeting is strong, but you can lift it for removal with a little effort.

The EVSE bag has a zipper in it. You can see the hidden zipper after you pull out the EVSE. Put the manuals in there and the Velcro will keep it safe and tight and it won't slide around.

You might find it a little tight the first time, but the EVSE bag will stretch to fit.

Back