May Deliveries! Or... May(be)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that's part of what is so frustrating. We're sitting here, knowing (in many cases) the cars associated with the VINs that we've already been assigned, are just sitting down in Long Beach when we could be out driving them around and really showing off the cars and our enthusiasm for them.

I can only hope that we still have some enthusiasm left after the cars finally arrive.

I can't help but think it would've been better if Nissan didn't even bother telling us the VIN or the "expected delivery date" and instead just left us to wait for a call from the dealer. The frustration stems from their giving us bad, incorrect, misleading information, and then frequently updating it with more bad, incorrect, misleading information.

gascant said:
I hope that everyone who is pouring so much energy and emotion into expressing their frustrations over Nissan's delivery process will apply that same energy to sharing their experiences with the LEAF once they finally take delivery. Or, if not, channel that energy into getting their families and friends excited about the LEAF or other EV's. I've done my share of complaining and have ridden the emotional roller coaster like everyone else. But I'm preparing myself to move on from it and focus on the greater cause that most all of us early adopters support.
+1

Having said that, I totally feel for those who were missed; I almost think Nissan should do something, even if it's just a token effort, to compensate these folks. I am receiving my car at about the time I had estimated I would, and really have no right to complain about anything except for the lack of forthrightness from Nissan themselves.

gascant said:
I hope that everyone who is pouring so much energy and emotion into expressing their frustrations over Nissan's delivery process will apply that same energy to sharing their experiences with the LEAF once they finally take delivery. Or, if not, channel that energy into getting their families and friends excited about the LEAF or other EV's.
Agreed. There is already one person at my work who is probably interested in buying a Leaf after hearing about my upcoming purchase. I will be giving test rides/drives to anyone at work who is interested.

gascant said:
I hope that everyone who is pouring so much energy and emotion into expressing their frustrations over Nissan's delivery process will apply that same energy to sharing their experiences with the LEAF once they finally take delivery. Or, if not, channel that energy into getting their families and friends excited about the LEAF or other EV's. I've done my share of complaining and have ridden the emotional roller coaster like everyone else. But I'm preparing myself to move on from it and focus on the greater cause that most all of us early adopters support.

I agree!, As an Early adopter you must be level headed.. and wait for it.. I should know . I have been driving an ZAP electric Truck since 2008!, Charged by my Solar array I pay nothing for its Electricity.. Of course I have modified it etc... But it takes some time and patiently waiting...

Its great to see that Nissan is really making this happen. I am ready to trade in my ZAP PK for the LEAF.. ! :mrgreen:

I must really want my car if I'm going to do in my orange tree to get one.

If it is such a pain in the but for me - for someone who REALLY wants this car - to get one... I really hope they have the kinks worked out by the time it's available to people beyond the early adopters.

Waiting isn't really a pain in the but that's not expected - it's an in demand car - having to kill my orange tree to get a Leaf.... how many people would do that who weren't committed?

p.s. I am going to plant one or 2 more to make up for losing the tree though. Damn you GWP! All because you don't want to have your electricians electrocuted you want to murder an innocent orange producing wonder. Priorities I tell you...

When I checked yesterday my "week of" had gone to 5/10 from 5/12.

I cannot explain my feeling of euphoria from this meaningless change in the estimate.

From the time I placed my reservation, and was given the expectation of a 2010 LEAF delivery, until yeaterday, I have only had the delivery date moved forward, many times, now about 6 months in total. Yesterday it ACTUALLY WENT BACK TWO DAYS!

Of course, I don't actually believe I'll get a 5/10 delivery, but it got me thinking...

Maybe the apparently random and chaotic Nissan LEAF delivery process is really a carefully orchestrated and insidious program to game customer satisfaction studies?

After the delivery experience, perhaps LEAF owners be so conditioned to accept corporate failure, as to give positive ratings for short range, premature battery failure, and unexpected BEV/EMR health effects, such as erectile dysfunction and incontinence, experienced by LEAF owners?

I tell people how it is.. Might be a great car, but hell if I know. I've been talking about it for over a year, and it's getting old. The order process is crap, and Nissan hates its US customers.

It's the first EV, but Nissan is an awful company to buy a car from. I sure hope someone else gets it right in the next three years or so.. I'd hate to have to go through this again.

GroundLoop said:
I tell people how it is.. Might be a great car, but hell if I know. I've been talking about it for over a year, and it's getting old. The order process is crap, and Nissan hates its US customers.

It's the first EV, but Nissan is an awful company to buy a car from. I sure hope someone else gets it right in the next three years or so.. I'd hate to have to go through this again.

+1!

LEAFfan said:
GroundLoop said:

+1!
+2

I was explaining the situation of the order mix-up to friends last and they were all amazed that something so simple and fundamental to ordering a car could be so messed up and that given how easy the fix is, that Nissan won't correct their mistake. It definitely reduced their opinion of Nissan. The best question asked was why do you want to do business with company that treats its customers this way.

While the situations are not identical, the approach of Sony executives here is much more like what I expected we would see from Nissan:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110501/ap_on_bi_ge/as_japan_sony_playstation

Hirai reiterated what the company said last week — that even though it had no direct evidence the data were even taken, it cannot rule out the possibility.

He said data from 10 million credit cards were believed to be involved, and that Sony still does not know whether information was stolen.

Sony has added software monitoring and enhanced data protection and encryption as new security measures, he said. The company said it would offer "welcome back" freebies such as complimentary downloads and 30 days of free service around the world to show remorse and appreciation.

"I see my work as first making sure Sony can regain the trust from our users," Hirai said.

1. Acknowledgment of problem
2. Acceptance of responsibility to customers
3. Apology
4. Efforts at redress to regain trust

Heck, Xtreme cannot even get Brian Carolin to respond to his letter.

Brian Carolin is doing alright -- he has Sales and Marketing covered. I see the billboards, adverts, Tour..

The man with the easiest job in all of Nissan is Bradley D. Thacker, VP of "Total Customer Satisfaction".

As far as I can tell, this Mahogany Row job consists of playing Angry Birds in the morning, deleting all email before lunch, two martinis and the back nine in the afternoon with David P Reuter, VP of Corporate Communications.

Bill Krueger should be calling him onto the carpet and demanding 50 pushups every morning until Nissan's reputation is back to Zero.

I don't mean to complain, I was just making a joke. :)

I don't mind waiting, it just would be nice if I could get a new dashboard estimate.

No matter how long it takes till I get the car, I plan on getting it. I'm comited to EV driving since I joined the EV Project.
I'm sure it will come in due time.

Hello May(be)!! Sorry April didn't work out for me. Maybe is right, but hopefully things get worked out in the next couple weeks or a month or so. The one thing I have noticed is almost everyone loves their car once they get it. I'm looking to join that group soon.

Yep, had 4/18 on the dashboard for the longest time, moving now to the May/maybe thread. One more week of renting a car to commute to work (sold my Prius).

cdub said:
I must really want my car if I'm going to do in my orange tree to get one.
At the risk of stating the obvious, don't cut that tree down until you actually see the car :roll:
edatoakrun said:
When I checked yesterday my "week of" had gone to 5/10 from 5/12. I cannot explain my feeling of euphoria from this meaningless change in the estimate.
In my case, it's the fact that it moved (there's a warm body operating the dashboard!) and that it didn't get later!
GroundLoop said:
Nissan is just so lucky they're the only place you can get a true EV.

Stoaty reminds me that at least two people at work were interested that I was looking to get an EV. I'd kind of forgotten, but I'm sure they'll be really interested when I start driving one. Not to mention the attention it will get if I can get a charging outlet installed there.

5-10 Estimated delivery date now? How is everyone else? Holding? slipping? I see we have some new April to May(be) folks dropping in. Welcome grab a few bytes and enjoy...

On a lighter note: Thank you to the "Operators" who brought OBL to justice. I hope we are now safer because of it.

Semper Fi.

There is hope. Based on the CVRP reporting approx. 100-150 LEAFs were delivered in CA last week. At my PD it seems to be roughly following the reservation date/time (not order date). It also appears that most people aren't on the MNL forum. Each week seems to be increasing in the number of deliveries.

cordero said:
5-10 Estimated delivery date now? How is everyone else? Holding? slipping? I see we have some new April to May(be) folks dropping in. Welcome grab a few bytes and enjoy...

On a lighter note: Thank you to the "Operators" who brought OBL to justice. I hope we are now safer because of it.

Semper Fi.

I had 'week of May 6' until late last night when it changed to 'week of May 26'.

Well, the dashboard seems to be down. I guess maybe they're trying to get the reservation process back up. But, my "Week of April 18" and CS telling me 5 days TEN days ago didn't keep me from joining May(be). So, everybody having fun over here?

Back