May Deliveries! Or... May(be)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lanzer said:
For those who received their cars this week, did you received the 7 day email ahead of time?
Some do, some don't. I got my 7 day email two weeks ago. Dashboard recently changed from 4/29 to 4/27 then to 5/6. Dealer says I might see my car this week but he still hasn't been invoiced for it (which is the typical "next sign" as they usually get invoiced 48 hours before it arrives at the dealership).

I made my order in September, and got the 7-day email about a month ago. Still haven't received my car, though. :)

My dashboard has held steady at "Week of May 13" now for about 3 weeks, so I'm beginning to feel like I might actually see it next week. My original delivery date was April 12th.

Heck, I've had the charger for almost 2 months now.

Timbuk said:
My DB has been stuck on 4-22 since late March. No 7-day email yet. Dealer hadn't received an invoice as of last Friday, and I haven't heard any news this week.

Great communication, eh? That really sucks. :roll:

Lynza said:
I made my order in September, and got the 7-day email about a month ago. Still haven't received my car, though. :)

My dashboard has held steady at "Week of May 13" now for about 3 weeks, so I'm beginning to feel like I might actually see it next week. My original delivery date was April 12th.

We're almost in an identical situation, including charger installation date! I even got my 7-day delivery notification e-mail in mid-March! sigh...

greenwayleaf said:
Lynza said:

We're almost in an identical situation, including charger installation date! I even got my 7-day delivery notification e-mail in mid-March! sigh...
Let's make it a 3-fer for Oregon. DB stuck on May 13 for 3 weeks. 7-day delivery notification e-mail sent April 12. EVSE install mid-March.
Waiting for that northbound train...Who has the train schedule?

dabrown16 said:
greenwayleaf said:
Lynza said:

Let's make it a 3-fer for Oregon. DB stuck on May 13 for 3 weeks. 7-day delivery notification e-mail sent April 12. EVSE install mid-March.
Waiting for that northbound train...Who has the train schedule?

Here's an excerpt from Folsom Prison Blues by Johnny Cash: "I hear that train a'comin'; she's comin' 'round the bend" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

There----feel better?

I wish CS could just say they have about 250 infront of me and are processing 25 per day.
Then an average 10 day to ship but could be 1 day or 20 depending on destination.

Is that so hard?

lemketron said:
Lanzer said:
For those who received their cars this week, did you received the 7 day email ahead of time?
Some do, some don't. I got my 7 day email two weeks ago. Dashboard recently changed from 4/29 to 4/27 then to 5/6. Dealer says I might see my car this week but he still hasn't been invoiced for it (which is the typical "next sign" as they usually get invoiced 48 hours before it arrives at the dealership).

Wow, have heard of plenty of people who received the 7 day email but still haven't received their cars... at this rate, for those of us with a "week of May 6" ETA might as well ignore it if we haven't received the 7 day email yet.

Don't know what's worse - the eternal "pending" or having an ETA that's known to fail.

Lanzer said:
I haven't received my car but I did receive the 7 day email on 4/21. Kind of like the delivery date, it's at best a guess.

I've had a week of "May 6" for about a week now. I have not received the 7 day email, but on Monday my dealer told me he was invoiced for the car. (Fingers crossed that tomorrow is my day)

This all seems fairly random; you'd think after all this time as a group we'd be able to figure out some sort of pattern.

My wife went up to the dealer's lot to go "visiting". She found our car sitting there! We will get it tomorrow! What 7-day email? :lol:

Also found a blue one; I sent a note to its future owner. He was also surprised.

Nissan Sunnyvale tells me that 10 Leafs with 4-22-ish DB dates are on "hold." He's following up with the District Manager to get some clarification.

gbarry42 said:
My wife went up to the dealer's lot to go "visiting". She found our car sitting there! We will get it tomorrow! What 7-day email? :lol:

Also found a blue one; I sent a note to its future owner. He was also surprised.
How long exactly were they going to wait before they called you?

Yes, Timbuk, I think you are on to something with the 4/22 delivery date,because everyone with that date seems to be inexplicably on HOLD.

My DB has had the 4/22 date for 3 weeks now. I'm almost convinced that we are all part of the forgotten, jumped over folks, and that Nissan gave us VINS before the cars were actually delivered to the port. I can't think of any other explanation as to why everyone else seems to be getting their cars delivered, even when they reserved and ordered months after we did.

Is there anyone out there that actually had a DB of 4/22 for a number of weeks and got the car??

Res. 4/20 Ord. Oct. Vin 1873 DB 4/22 (over 3 weeks now)

I'm 4/22 with no car.

But I saw a red LEAF (like the one I'm getting) parked randomly on a street here in La Crescenta the other morning. Made me smile - but also made me feel jealous.

gbarry42 said:

Moonlight Beach, eh? Was your dealer Mossy Oceanside, where I saw a handful of Leafs last Friday, and my father-in-law saw what appeared to be the same group--still in need of prep--Tuesday?

I also have a 4/22 date still and very much 'on hold'. i was able to squeeze out from CS that it was "scheduled for shipment" but he basically said that it was still on hold and had no date. Mine will probably be on the truck up to Sunnyvale since I ordered from Boardwalk. Brendan what's the word?

Ditto, Software update on 4/26 but car still on hold. DB stuck for weeks on 4/22.
I wonder could one of the dealers get a true answer for us poor 4/22 suckers??

My PD can't explain why mine is still on hold, especially because they've received quite a number of cars that were reserved and ordered after mine.

I do have accessories ordered....but I don't believe that is the real reason for the HOLD.

Very interesting!!

Back