May Deliveries! Or... May(be)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drove by Stevens Creek Nissan (Santa Clara, CA) about 3PM. Saw a blue and a white LEAF having orientation with their owners. Maybe the number of deliveries here are increasing.

lemketron said:
Lanzer said:
For those who received their cars this week, did you received the 7 day email ahead of time?
Some do, some don't. I got my 7 day email two weeks ago. Dashboard recently changed from 4/29 to 4/27 then to 5/6. Dealer says I might see my car this week but he still hasn't been invoiced for it (which is the typical "next sign" as they usually get invoiced 48 hours before it arrives at the dealership).
Darn, this morning my DB changed from 5/6 to 5/11, so I guess my delivery date slipped again, despite 20+ cars showing up at Boardwalk in the past few days... :cry:

Lanzer said:
waiting4leaf said:
How many miles from North Bay Nissan to home? I drove home to Los altos with 8 miles left

Your post is very encouraging for me. I am planning a drive from NB Nissan to home near the San Jose airport and I'm all worried that I will need to fill up on the way back since the drive is 86 miles long.

Did you drive in Eco mode and what speed were you driving at on the freeway?

The drive was painful. I constantly drove between 50 and 55 MPH. I think mine was about 81 miles. Entire drive in ECO mode with no climate control (including fan) going on. 86 miles will be close.

Looks like my Leaf will be added to the tree shortly, just got the call from my dealer that it's in and ready for pick up.

And like several others I've read about here on the forum, I'm out of town, so won't be able to drive it home until next Wednesday, the 11th. Dang! :roll:

linkim said:
Drove by Stevens Creek Nissan (Santa Clara, CA) about 3PM. Saw a blue and a white LEAF having orientation with their owners. Maybe the number of deliveries here are increasing.
Definitely--I was there yesterday to pre-pay for mine, which was invoiced to them on Thursday or Friday. They had at least 9 invoices (including mine) so they'll likely be delivering those the second half of the week of May 9th. Interestingly, one of the two you saw there was VIN 2323, which is larger than mine.

Azat said:
Got mine yesterday.
Reserved: 04/21/10
Ordered: 11/26/10
ETA:April,May,Pending,05/02,05/06,05/12,05/05
Delivered:05/04
VIN#2186
You ordered just 2 days after me. I am happy for you.

Did you do any special escalation? I spoke to the Director of EV Sales for Nissan North America 3 weeks ago, and he assured me June was worst-case. Now I have July. You can see from my signature that our fates diverged after "May -> Pending"

gascant said:
linkim said:
Definitely--I was there yesterday to pre-pay for mine, which was invoiced to them on Thursday or Friday. They had at least 9 invoices (including mine) so they'll likely be delivering those the second half of the week of May 9th. Interestingly, one of the two you saw there was VIN 2323, which is larger than mine.
Is it necessary to "pre-pay" for the car? I was under the assumption that I would just wait for the call saying the car is ready, then arrange (maybe even same day) to go pick it up. I have a pre-approval letter from Valley Credit Union, and was planning to pay the down payment by personal check.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get the sales manager or finance folks from Boardwalk to call me back to tell me if my plan is ok, leaving me to wonder if I'm going to end up disappointed when the car finally comes and they tell me I can't actually drive it home the same day (e.g. because it's not properly "paid for")...

lemketron said:
gascant said:
linkim said:
Is it necessary to "pre-pay" for the car? I was under the assumption that I would just wait for the call saying the car is ready, then arrange (maybe even same day) to go pick it up. I have a pre-approval letter from Valley Credit Union, and was planning to pay the down payment by personal check.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get the sales manager or finance folks from Boardwalk to call me back to tell me if my plan is ok, leaving me to wonder if I'm going to end up disappointed when the car finally comes and they tell me I can't actually drive it home the same day (e.g. because it's not properly "paid for")...
You might be OK. I have a special situation because my credit report is totally frozen/locked, so they get nothing if they try to run a credit report on me. In that case, the cashier's check has to clear before they release the car (unless you get a special dispensation from the Pope). I learned today that there is a lot of fraud out there, even with cashier's checks, so that's why I had to prepay. As long as they can access your credit report, you should be OK. I was thinking of starting a thread called "Own but Don't Possess" :lol:

gascant said:
I learned today that there is a lot of fraud out there, even with cashier's checks, so that's why I had to prepay.quote]

You got that right! My credit union told me not to accept a cashier's check when I sold my car to someone out of state. So they wire transferred the money directly into my account.

LEAFfan said:
gascant said:
I learned today that there is a lot of fraud out there, even with cashier's checks, so that's why I had to prepay.
You got that right! My credit union told me not to accept a cashier's check when I sold my car to someone out of state. So they wire transferred the money directly into my account.
Funny: the last time I sold a car (through CraigsList), I met the guy at Wells Fargo and he paid me in cash. I was nervous about accepting cash (as opposed to a cashier's check), but I basically took it from him and immediately handed it to the teller for a deposit, assuming they'd tell me if it wasn't legit.

Turns out the most important thing (besides the payment) is getting the signed transfer paperwork (liability release) over to the DMV ASAP. A month after I sold the above car, the new owner got a ticket in Southern California. It took several letters (and several months) to convince the LAPD that it was NOT my car, despite what their computer thought. Good thing it was "just" a parking ticket and not a serious accident.

lemketron said:
Turns out the most important thing (besides the payment) is getting the signed transfer paperwork (liability release) over to the DMV ASAP. A month after I sold the above car, the new owner got a ticket in Southern California.

I don't know about CA, but here all you have to do is go online to the DMV and do a 'Sold' notice. The day he wired the money, it was his car so I went online and did that. It takes a few seconds.

lonndoggie said:
Moonlight Beach, eh? Was your dealer Mossy Oceanside, where I saw a handful of Leafs last Friday, and my father-in-law saw what appeared to be the same group--still in need of prep--Tuesday?
Yes, same town as you, and we've been following your progress via the spreadsheet from way back. Thought you would get your car just before us. Well, in a sane world, I guess. And, yes, that's the dealer--you probably saw our car, and it sat there for several days before it was discovered. The rep told us that sometimes the truck comes in with LEAFs and then, to their disappointment, it pulls out again with the LEAFs on it. So, some of those cars may go on to San Diego.

LEAFfan said:
lemketron said:
Turns out the most important thing (besides the payment) is getting the signed transfer paperwork (liability release) over to the DMV ASAP. A month after I sold the above car, the new owner got a ticket in Southern California.

I don't know about CA, but here all you have to do is go online to the DMV and do a 'Sold' notice. The day he wired the money, it was his car so I went online and did that. It takes a few seconds.
Release of Liability Form can be done online in CA also ... I would highly recommend doing it that way.

stevel said:
Hi All,

Took delivery of my LEAF at Nissan Sunnyvale on Friday 5/6 (VIN 2134).

The guys I dealt with at Nissan Sunnyvale were great, Dennis Coburn and the close-the-deal guy (can't remember his name, sorry). I highly recommend Nissan Sunnyvale. They won't go under MSRP, but if you live in the South Bay area, personally I recommend staying local for your dealer and go with them.
I was immediately after Steve at Nissan Sunnyvale on Friday. I had a hard deadline by which I needed to leave, but they made sure I got out when I needed to. No complaints.

I usually do the down-payment with a Credit Card, but apparently Mossy Nissan policy has changed since 2008.

They no longer accept credit cards for downpayment, in any amount. Bring your checkbook or a case of cash.

stevel said:
The guys I dealt with at Nissan Sunnyvale were great, Dennis Coburn and the close-the-deal guy (can't remember his name, sorry). I highly recommend Nissan Sunnyvale. They won't go under MSRP, but if you live in the South Bay area, personally I recommend staying local for your dealer and go with them.
I live in Sunnyvale and would have loved for my sales tax to stay in town, but given that there was no pre-sales effort involved in this transaction or even any contact other than price negotiation, I went through Boardwalk since Brendan was willing to deal.

lemketron said:
mweston said:
I live in Sunnyvale and would have loved for my sales tax to stay in town, but given that there was no pre-sales effort involved in this transaction or even any contact other than price negotiation, I went through Boardwalk since Brendan was willing to deal.
The part you quoted was actually from stevel and not me.

lemketron said:
mweston said:

For car transactions, the sales tax will go to your county/city. It's just that the profits from the sale of your car did not stay in Sunnyvale community. Hey, but you can't give up $1700 for nothing.

Back