May Deliveries! Or... May(be)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LEAFfan said:
I remember the earlier deliveries when they said their dashboard changed from Dec. to pending and it meant the car was close to delivery. Maybe it's the same here.
Yes, I remember that. It may just be an interim step to taking your dashboard to a "Week of" date. Mine is still "Month of May" as of this morning. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing at this point, but I'm not going to double my blood pressure medication just yet. :?

Time will tell.
TT

ttweed said:
Mine is still "Month of May" as of this morning. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing at this point, but I'm not going to double my blood pressure medication just yet. :?

Time will tell.
TT

+1 (although blood pressure meds are now on order ;) )

On a positive note (I think), sometime last night Nissan did finally get around to changing our home assessment status to "eTec application accepted".

drees said:
Mine is still May. Sorry to hear that other Sept/Oct order April->May deliveries have gone Pending. Hopefully it's a glitch.

Here is the same. I ordered it on Jan 13 (I am in SF bay area, CA). The first EST delivery was in April then changed to May. Last night, it was changed to “pending”. I called Nissan CS at 1-877-664-2738. No new info was provided. CS told me this change based on dealer, which might not make sense for me.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

edatoakrun said:
My 4/20 res., 10/1 order, April to May MOD, still stuck in May.
I would agree that "pending" is more likely a sign of progress, than a reason for concern.
Me three on all counts.

I was just told by Nissan support that while Nissan assesses damage to supply line entities, due to the recent disasters, many delivery dates have been changed to "pending" and once the assessments are complete, updated dates will be posted on dashboards.

edatoakrun said:

I would agree that "pending" is more likely a sign of progress, than a reason for concern.

I think they are defiantly working on things, I just moved from May(be) back to April.

Just a 'me too' for a move from May(be) to Penduary.

I hope all of you that ordered before the new year have cars on this batch of boats! It wouldn't surprise me if the 2011 orders were manufactured post-holocaust.

AndyH said:
Just a 'me too' for a move from May(be) to Penduary.

I hope all of you that ordered before the new year have cars on this batch of boats! It wouldn't surprise me if the 2011 orders were manufactured post-holocaust.
Some must be pre-holocaust. We have several examples on this board of folks who ordered in January but have hard dates and VINs. Plus, a friend of mine not on the board who ordered in January got April 12th and his VIN yesterday.

Still Month o' April here...

1051 said:
edatoakrun said:

I think they are defiantly working on things, I just moved from May(be) back to April.
Congratulations, Mitch. A good sign for the rest of us who ordered in 2010.

Before the earthquake Nissan was planning to finish their Leaf production run at the end of March, producing about 4,000 Leafs for the US+European market. At 200 Leafs/day, this would take about 3 weeks. If we count back a few weeks from the current burst of delivery week assignments and VIN announcements (assuming this is done at port of entry), this suggests that they might have switched over from domestic production a week or two early. However It still seems very likely that they had NOT finished the production run by March 10, the last shipment before the earthquake. Is is too pessimistic to conclude that some of us are not going to get our cars any time soon ?

drees said:
daniel said:
I have not logged in here for some time. A while back my dashboard started showing May 2011 as my delivery month. My best guess is that with the disaster, changing those dashboard postings is a very low priority. My dealer told me that it looks to him as though firm delivery dates arrive about six weeks before the delivery, which I assume is when the car goes into production. But I don't see how they'd be shipping any cars for a while now, and maybe they'll even have halted production until rescue and resettlement efforts are complete.
You've got some reading to do. :) You get a month of delivery when the car goes into production. You get a specific week-of date and Carwings/VIN shortly after the car is unloaded in Long Beach. Sometimes there is some spread between getting the date and getting Carwings - seems to be anywhere from a couple days to a couple weeks.

It takes 2 weeks to get shipped from Yokohama to Long Beach. It seems to take 2-6 weeks from being unloaded in Long Beach to get to the dealer depending on where your dealer is and how long it takes them to prep the car for delivery. The farther away you are from Long Beach, the longer it takes. Since you're in WA, that explains the 6 weeks total from your dealer. Last boat (the Luna Spirit) with Leafs left Yokohama 3/10 and is due in Long Beach on the 24th. There is one other boat (Andromeda Spirit) which may have Leafs headed for Canada (due there on the 19th) and then likely to Long Beach (a couple days later) based on history. According to Nissan there are about 1500 Leafs in dock or on their way, so I assume there's a couple hundred on Andromeda Spirit. It appears that a couple hundred have been recently dropped off in Long Beach as well based on VIN numbers being reported (Hoegh Inchon and United Spirit have both been in Long Beach in the past week).

Now you're caught up. :)

My speculation is that all May deliveries will be satisfied by Leafs in transit. Or at least I hope so being a May delivery!

Thanks for that information. Once my order was in and it was clear that a long wait was in store, I decided to put it out of my mind, since obsessing about it would do me no good and just stress me out. (My dashboard opened for ordering at the end of September, but I was out of the country, so got my order in at the start of October.) Anyway, I was under the impression that we'd get VIN numbers when the cars went into production, which would be about 6 weeks from delivery. You're saying that we get VIN numbers after the cars are unloaded in the U.S., and that this is 2 to 6 weeks before delivery. Well, it would be good news if mine is on the boat. My dashboard still says Month of May 2011.

Some posters above are referring to the earthquake and tsunami as a holocaust. Let me say I am uncomfortable with that usage. I think of a holocaust as the mass murder of people by other people.

The fellow working on my electric Porsche hopes to have it finished in a month from now. "Hopes" is the operative word there. He is a self-described "chrono-optimist." But I expect the Porsche to be less reliable than the Leaf, so I've 95% decided to buy the Leaf even if the Porsche turns out as well as hoped. I'll sell the Xebra once I have the Leaf. But I'm still not going to hold my breath.

This whole process really is inexplicable. Reserved 4/20, ordered 9/23, was May, then April, then May again. Then a couple days ago I got a VIN and a delivery date of the week of April 14, which then went to April 12, and is now April 11. I'm grateful, although hearing about all the people with similar order dates that have now gone pending is really disheartening.

Kataphn, there are a bunch of us X-March'rs that had our dashboards kicked back to the 1st and 2nd week of April recently ... only to then shortly thereafter receive our "Within 7 Days" email, directly behind it. good luck makinig any sense of it all.
:eek:

townsat said:
This whole process really is inexplicable. Reserved 4/20, ordered 9/23, was May, then April, then May again. Then a couple days ago I got a VIN and a delivery date of the week of April 14, which then went to April 12, and is now April 11. I'm grateful, although hearing about all the people with similar order dates that have now gone pending is really disheartening.

Congrats to you, and from my perspecive it is good to see a "late September" order being filled. While your situation is somewhat encouraging, I'll remain disheartened until more late Sept/early Oct orders (inlcuding my own) can start reporting receipt VINs of their own.

Just got this email from Nissan....

Jason, like all of us, we are sure you are concerned with recent events in Japan over the last week. We wanted to take a moment to let you know that your Nissan LEAF™ left Japan before the earthquake and tsunami occurred, and even with all that's going on, it is on its way and should arrive on schedule.

At Nissan, we are asking owners and friends to help support the relief efforts in Japan. We are doing our part by pledging $1,000,000. We have already made an immediate donation of $500,000 to the American Red Cross. And when you give through this e-mail, we will match your donation dollar-for-dollar for the first $500,000 in contributions. Thank you for helping us help those in need.

Donate Now

townsat said:

Jason, like all of us, we are sure you are concerned with recent events in Japan over the last week. We wanted to take a moment to let you know that your Nissan LEAF™ left Japan before the earthquake and tsunami occurred, and even with all that's going on, it is on its way and should arrive on schedule.

At Nissan, we are asking owners and friends to help support the relief efforts in Japan. We are doing our part by pledging $1,000,000. We have already made an immediate donation of $500,000 to the American Red Cross. And when you give through this e-mail, we will match your donation dollar-for-dollar for the first $500,000 in contributions. Thank you for helping us help those in need.

Donate Now

Same here :(

leaf561 said:
townsat said:

Donate Now
Same here :(

Hey, that's A LOT better than the email I got today:

like all of us, we are sure you are concerned with recent events in Japan over the last week. As a result of those events, you will notice the delivery timing on your "my account" page has been changed to "pending."

As a consequence of the earthquake and tsunami, a delay in the scheduled delivery date of your Nissan LEAF™ is unavoidable. We will refresh your "my account" page with delivery updates as they become available.

My RAQ was Nov 22, 2010, and delivery date was May, but now "Pending".

edatoakrun said:

Those of us who got the "pending" change also got an email today telling us our cars are not anywhere.
THIS IS NOT A SIGN OF PROGRESS! It most certainly is a reason for concern.

Back