May Deliveries! Or... May(be)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dashboard is still showing May delivery and eTec approval is still in pending mode. Been like that for several weeks now. Have not received an email from Nissan regarding the disaster in Japan.
After reading an earlier post from a gentleman in Knoxville, TN this morning on his change from May to an April delivery with receipt of his vin# I had my hopes up for a change in my status, but no go for now.
Hello to my Leaf friends in the Phoenix metro area.

Leggedo
residence=Medina (west), Tennessee
reserved on May 10, 2010
ordered on December 12, 2011
SL, glacier pearl, qc, floor mats

I am a 4/23 reservation date and 12/4 order date in the Bay Area.

For a short time after 2/8, I was "month of April." I am now holding steady at "month of May."

My order is for a Blue SL+QC with hologram kick plates. (Bling!)

Everyone posting a change in status on this thread should also be posting that change on the spreadsheet! You can do that here: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dHkzQmlFS1g5UGU1c044WGxTM05naUE6MQ#gid=0

I actually haven't gotten a VIN yet. I received the exception error when I tried to open Carwings (see the April deliveries thread). I'm not at home now to try the alternate methods to get around the error, but elsewhere on my screen it stated that I would receive an e-mail invitation to open Carwings, which I've not gotten yet. Don't know whether I need that first or if I can successfully use one of the workarounds. I'll try again this evening.

Hope everyone else's waits are short.

(My car sounds similar, but sans kick plates. No extra bling.)

GroundLoop said:
Is that it? I shouldn't have ordered the kick plates.. doh!

Note for next car reservation: Order the stripped model only!

This is a real possibility, it seems to me. But we have no way to confirm without a thread and some comments. So, I will start one and see what happens.

Got it. Just opened the owners portal and felt my way through. VIN 1898. I'll submit to spreadsheet. Guess this really belongs on the April thread. Yes, I know. VERY lucky.
:D !!!

Ok, I admit it, I could not wait. I have been a May- Maybe delivery for a short while. It was Pending forever then in Feb it showed month of April then May delivery. I have not received any emails from Nissan not even a "help Japan email". So I called Nissan Customer Service and got this lil tidbit. If You have not went pending from a month or got a sorry you car was delayed you car is "probably already manufactured and en-route. Where? who knows? My estimated delivery is still Month of May. The CS agent told me that all of the cars that left before the disaster are on time. Well I know we often learn more here from each other and this is just what I heard from CS and it makes sense. They did also confirm no vin unless it reaches port. So Iguess I am officially impatient and exited for "just a car".

4-20 reserved
9-30 RAQ and order including changing dealers...
month of May delivery--- Messed up on spreadsheet it indicated 5-11-11 oops
Silver SL-QC with mats and protection
Semper Fi

cordero said:
you car is "probably already manufactured and en-route. Where? who knows? My estimated delivery is still Month of May.
Read the last 5 pages of the tracking ships thread and you will discover the last two pre-earthquake ships are set to drop cars in Long Beach later this week.

Andromeda spirit

cordero said:
Ok, I admit it, I could not wait. I have been a May- Maybe delivery for a short while. It was Pending forever then in Feb it showed month of April then May delivery. I have not received any emails from Nissan not even a "help Japan email". So I called Nissan Customer Service and got this lil tidbit. If You have not went pending from a month or got a sorry you car was delayed you car is "probably already manufactured and en-route. Where? who knows? My estimated delivery is still Month of May. The CS agent told me that all of the cars that left before the disaster are on time. Well I know we often learn more here from each other and this is just what I heard from CS and it makes sense. They did also confirm no vin unless it reaches port. So Iguess I am officially impatient and exited for "just a car".

4-20 reserved
9-30 RAQ and order including changing dealers...
month of May delivery--- Messed up on spreadsheet it indicated 5-11-11 oops
Silver SL-QC with mats and protection
Semper Fi
Thank you for posting, cordero. It gives me a ray of hope that my car is on one of the boats that made it out before the earthquake because my circumstances are almost identical to yours. but with all the conflicting stories I have heard from Customer Service, I don't know what to believe anymore. :cry:

TT

My post below from:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3056&start=70

Well, I just called Nissan customer service re my 4/20 reservation, 10/1 order, ETA delayed 3 times from the original January/February estimate, and now still at "month of May".

I've avoided calling for some time, as it has always seemed worthless, but I was feeling sufficiently detached from reality (before the second cup of coffee) to give it a try.

Not that I believe any of this, but I was told:

"Month of ..." updates occur when "production" begins. No explenation of how cars like mine can be in "production" (first April, now May ETA) for months.

My car has not been shipped. "week of..." updates occur at the time of shipping. So if you still have a "month of" estimate, your car has not left the factory.

Post-earthquake production schedules and ETA dates for orders are still being reviewed. So:

"month of..." LEAF orders can expect further updates by email and at the site "by the end of this week".

No supervisor was available. I'm supposed to receive a call by the end of the day, and will post if anything new results.

edatoakrun said:
Not that I believe any of this, but I was told:

"Month of ..." updates occur when "production" begins. No explenation of how cars like mine can be in "production" (first April, now May ETA) for months.

My car has not been shipped. "week of..." updates occur at the time of shipping. So if you still have a "month of" estimate, your car has not left the factory.

Post-earthquake production schedules and ETA dates for orders are still being reviewed. So:

"month of..." LEAF orders can expect further updates by email and at the site "by the end of this week".

No supervisor was available. I'm supposed to receive a call by the end of the day, and will post if anything new results.
Once again, completely conflicting info from what cordero was told, and if correct, this would mean my car is NOT on one of the boats enroute, as I have never had a "week of" update. Very confusing and frustrating. :evil:

I was also told after my request to escalate yesterday that I would be contacted today with more specific information. We'll see what happens.

TT

cordero said:
Ok, I admit it, I could not wait. I have been a May- Maybe delivery for a short while. It was Pending forever then in Feb it showed month of April then May delivery. I have not received any emails from Nissan not even a "help Japan email". So I called Nissan Customer Service and got this lil tidbit. If You have not went pending from a month or got a sorry you car was delayed you car is "probably already manufactured and en-route.
This is very disappointing news. Why do I say this? Because up to now, I have yet to hear of Nissan's Customer Service line ever giving out one single piece of correct information. If the CS line told you that no change of delivery month means the car is en route, then most likely what it really means is that we've dropped off the computer entirely.

Note: People whose cars are on the boat have had their dashboards changed to an estimated delivery week. People whose cars are not on the boat have had their delivery date changed to Pending. Everyone else has probably had their order erased from the computer system.

We know CS has not been reliable in the past, so let's not trust them now. Before all of us May(be)s and "Pending" give up hope completely, let's wait until the last two ships have unloaded and see if any of us get VINs. My understanding is that most (not all) of the folks who are still showing April deliveries have their VINS and hence are NOT on these ships.

The "Tracking Ships" thread is now reporting that both the Luna Sprit and Andromeda Spirit will dock at Long Beach today, Tuesday PM. Watch your dashboards.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2091&hilit=tracking&start=310

tbleakne said:
We know CS has not been reliable in the past, so let's not trust them now. Before all of us May(be)s and "Pending" give up hope completely, let's wait until the last two ships have unloaded and see if any of us get VINs. My understanding is that most (not all) of the folks who are still showing April deliveries have their VINS and hence are NOT on these ships.

The "Tracking Ships" thread is now reporting that both the Luna Sprit and Andromeda Spirit will dock at Long Beach today, Tuesday PM. Watch your dashboards.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2091&hilit=tracking&start=310

Yes. As I said, I doubt all the information I posted this AM is accurate-just reporting what I heard.

I Expect lots of us will be getting different/conflicting-better? info in the next week or so.

daniel said:
People whose cars are on the boat have had their dashboards changed to an estimated delivery week. People whose cars are not on the boat have had their delivery date changed to Pending. Everyone else has probably had their order erased from the computer system.
This might be true, but how do we know this for sure? Haven't many folks been given their first week assignment at about the same time as their VIN #? The VIN # is revealed soon after the car is unloaded in Long Beach, not in transit. We have cases of folks going directly from "Pending" to "Week-of."

My understanding is that the cars on the ships have VIN #s and color, but no options. So in principle (not necessarily so) there is freedom in how the cars are assigned to specific orders in Long Beach.

We have this quote today from the April delivery thread:
Nissan has said that . . . 40 percent of those reservation were resulting in completed sales.
It is likely that many of the 60% reservations that drop out are not on this forum. Many of these dropouts probably did not place orders. Since the production run was interrupted by the earthquake, some of us are not going to get cars from these last two ships, but there is at least the potential for some re-shuffling as the cars are unloaded.

Just got off the phone with a 3rd party...ryhmes with think... They told me that Nissan has given them a May SECOND delivery date.....Yipppee so they will schedule my EV project install 7-10 days before delivery date.
Sounds like some Maybe folks might have caught the last boats out....

Semper Fi :lol:

cordero said:
Just got off the phone with a 3rd party...ryhmes with think... They told me that Nissan has given them a May SECOND delivery date.....Yipppee so they will schedule my EV project install 7-10 days before delivery date.
Sounds like some Maybe folks might have caught the last boats out....

Semper Fi :lol:

There ya go again, getting my hopes up :p

4pm EDIT - a little bird just told me that the last word they heard regarding our Leaf was May 9th (do birds have eyelashes?).

Well, My dashboard has been saying "Month of May" for the last 2 months. Hasn't changed, I just checked it this morning. So what are the chances of me getting a "pre-earthquake" vehicle (IE: one already en-route)?

adric22 said:
Well, My dashboard has been saying "Month of May" for the last 2 months. Hasn't changed, I just checked it this morning. So what are the chances of me getting a "pre-earthquake" vehicle (IE: one already en-route)?

Based on conflicting feedback from Nisaan CS, the only fair response is 50/50. However, we should have a much better idea within the next few days now that two Nissan ships are in Long Beach, one of which we are pretty sure has 600 Leafs on board.

Back