May Deliveries! Or... May(be)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I cannot currently access "My Account" via the dashboard, I am hoping they are updating my info with something positive (fingers crossed). Anybody else having similar difficulty this morning?

9:45 Edit: As of 9:15 I was able to access "My Account" and no change, still "month of May" for me. Bummer

Dashboard and "my account" are working fine here. No change. Still "month of May."

April 23 reservation
December 4 order

Well, I just talked with my dealer (Don Davis Nissan in the Dallas/Ft.Worth area) and he said that my vehicle had a production month of March. So he said there was a 50/50 chance that it is on the ship headed this way. That would seem to agree with Beachcliff's estimation as well. He said he would not see a VIN# in the system for me until the car was unloaded from the ship. He also affirmed that Nissan will be sending an email newsletter to all Leaf reservation holders informing them with more detail on the matter, but wasn't sure when the email would be sent.

I just got word from my dealer that my car did not make it out of Japan.

It appears that for those former May(be)s that are back in Penduary and can edit their color it's likely to be a while...

AndyH said:
I just got word from my dealer that my car did not make it out of Japan.

It appears that for those former May(be)s that are back in Penduary and can edit their color it's likely to be a while...

All I can say, Andy, is BUMMER! You're a real information resource here and I wish you had been among the early arrivals.

Cheers and condolences for your further wait.

stanley said:
adric22---What was your order date?

Honestly, it was so long ago, I don't remember. I checked on Nissan's website about my order but it doesn't tell me the date. I think it was either in October or November.

Boomer23 said:
All I can say, Andy, is BUMMER! You're a real information resource here and I wish you had been among the early arrivals.

Cheers and condolences for your further wait.
Thanks Boomer! I just took a 20 mile electric motorcycle ride and feel much better. :lol:

Congrats on your 7-day notice!

I look forward to to the ship convoy of Leafs coming across the Pacific - that'll mean Japan is up and running again - and that'll be a good thing.

I was just perusing the WheresMyLeaf table and am now wondering what was so special about ordering a Leaf between January 24th and February 3rd? Within this cohort of 32 orders there are 23 members reporting delivery estimates of "week of April x", 4 with "month of April", 1 May(be)s, 1 June and 3 Pendings.

And "no, I really do not know why I like to torment myself so".

EDIT 10:05: Corrected "week of" to 23 from 22 and removed reference to 1 delivered

Beachcliffs said:
I was just perusing the WheresMyLeaf table and am now wondering what was so special about ordering a Leaf between January 24th and February 3rd? Within this cohort of 32 orders there are 23 members reporting delivery estimates of "week of April x", 4 with "month of April", 1 May(be)s, 1 June and 3 Pendings.

And "no, I really do not know why I like to torment myself so".

EDIT 10:05: Corrected "week of" to 23 from 22 and removed reference to 1 delivered
Cliff, without being as specific as you were, I had the same general sense. I unfortunately have the only order on January 20, and recently went from May to yeah, you guessed it, pending. :(

Glenn

Volusiano said:
I placed my order on 2/24. Then on 3/15 (after the earthquake), I received an email notice for a May delivery and my dashboard was updated accordingly.

I'm a little suprised to have received the email so soon after the earthquake. I'm also surprised to see that the May delivery notice is only 3 months from my order date, instead of the 4-7 months standard quote. I'm not getting my hopes up that I will actually get a delivery in May at this point.
My page just got updated quietly today from Month of May to Month of June without any fanfare or email notification to me (sigh). I knew it was too good to be true when they originally gave me a May deliver update when I had only placed my order on 2/24. Oh well, at least it's now back to the 4 month window from order date which is a more typical length of 4-7 month quote that they gave.

I also just saw an update about "Nissan to resume vehicle production while supplies last" here http://www.allcarselectric.com/blog/1057264_earthquake-update-nissan-to-resume-vehicle-production-while-supplies-last

AndyH said:
Thanks Boomer! I just took a 20 mile electric motorcycle ride and feel much better. :lol:
I have a couple of UltraMotor A2B electric bikes and I ride one to work and around town and it's tiding me over until I get my Leaf.

Also saw at a local Costco store tonight a bicycle outfitted with a 250W motor on front wheel using lithium-ion battery pack for up to 16 miles of power assist ride for $900.

any Maybe peeps get any updates? I am still showing month of May. I was hoping for some news since the ships have docked and hopefully unloaded.
Semper Fi :?:

cordero said:
any Maybe peeps get any updates? I am still showing month of May. I was hoping for some news since the ships have docked and hopefully unloaded.
Semper Fi :?:

Just checked. Still Month of May. No emails, no changes as of yet. :shock:

Just checked, no email/changes. Still in May(be) limbo. Emailed customer service yesterday regarding a few issues. Probably won't ever get any feedback, but had to give it a shot.
Waiting... :roll:

Red SL
Reserved 4/20/10
Ordered 10/30/10
Delivery May(be) if I get lucky!

Volusiano said:
Volusiano said:
I placed my order on 2/24. Then on 3/15 (after the earthquake), I received an email notice for a May delivery and my dashboard was updated accordingly.

I'm a little suprised to have received the email so soon after the earthquake. I'm also surprised to see that the May delivery notice is only 3 months from my order date, instead of the 4-7 months standard quote. I'm not getting my hopes up that I will actually get a delivery in May at this point.
My page just got updated quietly today from Month of May to Month of June without any fanfare or email notification to me (sigh). I knew it was too good to be true when they originally gave me a May deliver update when I had only placed my order on 2/24. Oh well, at least it's now back to the 4 month window from order date which is a more typical length of 4-7 month quote that they gave.

Reserved Leaf on 05/18/2010 and ordered it on 01/13/2011 through one of dealers in San Francisco bay area, CA.

My delivery time was changed from April (Feb 8) to May (Feb 26?) then to Pending (March 18). No new update was in DB after March 18.

Wish Japanese and Japan recover soon.

Back