May Deliveries! Or... May(be)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how does this owner portal work - car wings opened for me and initiates a setup process in which I can see my vin, etc. Next step I am taken into owners portal with a message that i have no vehicles and a leaf will appear when a pin is put into a nav system. This all makes sense - you've got to have the car in hand to make it show up .. Except I keep reading people who have their cars showing and can see their vins but don't yet have the car in hand. How are they doing that? I had only a glimpse of my vin one time on the setup web page for owner portal/carwings. Thankfully I made a screenshot of that...

Any enlightenment here would be appreciated ;)

aries said:
So how does this owner portal work - car wings opened for me and initiates a setup process in which I can see my vin, etc. Next step I am taken into owners portal with a message that i have no vehicles and a leaf will appear when a pin is put into a nav system. This all makes sense - you've got to have the car in hand to make it show up .. Except I keep reading people who have their cars showing and can see their vins but don't yet have the car in hand. How are they doing that? I had only a glimpse of my vin one time on the setup web page for owner portal/carwings. Thankfully I made a screenshot of that...

Any enlightenment here would be appreciated ;)
And my CW tab has never linked to anything. OWN tab took me to the owner's portal where the VIN was displayed and CW could be set up. Now weeks later it is just the same. I expect nothing else until the car is delivered and set up.

My date went from 5/2 to 5/6, and my Carwings just opened up for the first time. Yea!

But when I followed the link, it said my e-mail was already used by another account. Grrr. As I recall back around 4/20 last year there was some glitch that caused me to create a second account, which it let me do even though both had the same e-mail, and since then I have been using the second account. My guess is that the Carwings part of Nissan still has that first account and won't let me in using the second. And the first account probably doesn't have a Leaf ordered.

I'll talk to CS at some point today, but has anyone else run into this?

Same problem as me. I just went to https://www.nissanusa.com/owners/login and logged in with my same login I've been using on the Leaf portal and it let me in without having to register. My Leaf was there so I guess the account was already created.

Note - I too had the original registration problem on 4/20 and created a second account.

Wow same here just went to May 6, But I'm not even mad cause I got a VIN..#2107.
I also had the same problem logging in on 4-20 and had to create a duplicate account. I wonder if and when all this angst is going to be replaced with the new car smell high? I cant wait. :D

mweston said:
My date went from 5/2 to 5/6, and my Carwings just opened up for the first time. Yea!

But when I followed the link, it said my e-mail was already used by another account. Grrr. As I recall back around 4/20 last year there was some glitch that caused me to create a second account, which it let me do even though both had the same e-mail, and since then I have been using the second account. My guess is that the Carwings part of Nissan still has that first account and won't let me in using the second. And the first account probably doesn't have a Leaf ordered.

I'll talk to CS at some point today, but has anyone else run into this?
CS solved the problem for me, and all is good, including getting a VIN. Cool!

Wow, I'm so far behind everyone here! I went to my account this afternoon and saw that the owners portal was active. But I waited until I got home from work so my wife could activate it with me. We just finished that and I'm following the pattern posted on the previous two pages, i.e.,
May 2 --> May 6 and VIN #2209.
No email.
CS is supposed to call me tomorrow. I wonder what they will have to say?
For tonight, there is joy in Mudville.

Just signing in to share my date and VIN.

Things were looking pretty gloomy when I received the global message about having my status downgrading to pending. Like many, I thought that I wouldn't be seeing my car until the summer, then came the update that my car is being delivered by May 06.

Also like many, I couldn't use my usual email when signing in for CarWing, but I just used my secondary email account for sign-up.

Just happily counting down the days now.

Delivery - May 06.
VIN - 2183

Seems a heck of a lot of people, me included, have this may 6 date. How in the world are they going to manage to deliver more cars on or around may 6 than they have in all time up to now?

Then there's ecotality who seems to be procrastinating Charger installs until the very last minute. One would think they'd be using this delay in car deliveries to get ahead of the impending wave!

Dunno...

I had 15 minutes between meetings and decided to call Leaf CS to see if they could get my dashboard 'Home Assessment' item to register as 'Done' as the eTec EVSE installation took place two weeks ago. I have a 'Week of May 6th' delivery estimate and knew from this forum that CS really couldn't/wouldn't be able to give me any real delivery information so I didn't plan on asking about it.

When I connected with 'Peggy', she didn't even give me a chance to ask my EVSE question but immediately went into digging up my delivery status. Seems like that must be a popular question ;) Anyway, she did say a few things that I found interesting:

- I was 'very, very lucky' to have a VIN
- My car is definitely down in Long Beach, one of 'hundreds' parked there
- It had a 'hold' status as accessories are being installed
- It also is queued to have a 'software update' done
- I shouldn't worry if my Home Assessment box was not checked off - it wouldn't hold anything up

When I asked if the SW update was to correct the air conditioning/car fails to start issue she replied that it was. She seemed a little surprised that I knew about it. She closed saying that the LineJumper was on schedule for its ~May 6th delivery and that I should have a nice day.

All in all a satisfactory interaction with CS. I did not feel that she was reading from a script and they seemed eager to offer as much information as they could.

Lanzer said:
Like many, I thought that I wouldn't be seeing my car until the summer, then came the update that my car is being delivered by May 06.
Delivery - May 06.
VIN - 2183

Your delivery isn't May 6th. It is the 'week of May 6' which doesn't necessarily mean it will be delivered on May 6.

Anyone out there have a lot of change in delivery prediction in the last couple days? Mine was stable on week of april 26th for a solid month, and then Monday went to May 6th, and then May 16th!

blackleaf said:
Anyone out there have a lot of change in delivery prediction in the last couple days? Mine was stable on week of april 26th for a solid month, and then Monday went to May 6th, and then May 16th!
Been May 6th for the last 2 weeks. Supposed to hear from CS today with an update (but not holding my breath).

blackleaf said:

You'll be lucky if it is May 16th unless you have a VIN on your DB. Since you ordered well after the Sept./Oct. orders, you car will most likely be given to one of those. So how can you complain when we've been waiting over a year since our reservations!

LEAFfan said:
blackleaf said:

You'll be lucky if it is May 16th unless you have a VIN on your DB. Since you ordered well after the Sept./Oct. orders, you car will most likely be given to one of those. So how can you complain when we've been waiting over a year since our reservations!
He wasn't complaining...just comparing notes like everyone else. Let's not jump on people for Nissan's mistakes.

davewill said:
LEAFfan said:
blackleaf said:

He wasn't complaining...just comparing notes like everyone else. Let's not jump on people for Nissan's mistakes.

Excuse me! He wasn't complaining? You, my friend, need an English refresher. Yes, he was and he shouldn't be. What do you think an exclamation mark means? Maybe you need to read his post again?

LEAFfan said:
Excuse me! He wasn't complaining? You, my friend, need an English refresher. Yes, he was and he shouldn't be. What do you think an exclamation mark means? Maybe you need to read his post again?
Really. All that from one little "!". Good thing he didn't use two!!

davewill said:
LEAFfan said:
Really. All that from one little "!". Good thing he didn't use two!!

Yep, if he had used a period instead, the meaning would have been different. You don't have to use two. One should be sufficient. I'm surprised you couldn't remember that from your English classes.

LEAFfan said:
Yep, if he had used a period instead, the meaning would have been different. You don't have to use two. One should be sufficient. I'm surprised you couldn't remember that from your English classes.
Hmmm...Bitter are we? Taking offense at small turns of phrase do you. Much anger do I sense.

Back