My 30 seconds of LEAF owner fame . . . .

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KMG365

The local news came by to do a piece on my LEAF, the Ecotality grant and charging electric cars with solar energy a few weeks ago. They shot a few hours of video, but missed some of my more sage counsel due to general disorganization and some technical difficulties (not too impressive, really), but they only wanted a few sound bites for a very short piece anyway. In the end, they only used a few seconds of the fluff and none of the really compelling arguments for why going EV/Solar makes such good sense. Ah well . . . . ;-)

http://www.cbs8.com/story/18441025/coronado-firefighter-commutes-with-zero-emissions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hey - that was a really nice piece! I think it was ample for the layperson watching the news to plant a seed and inquire more about the car and possibility of driving an EV.

CONGRATULATIONS and GREAT JOB!

shrink said:
Hey - that was a really nice piece! I think it was ample for the layperson watching the news to plant a seed and inquire more about the car and possibility of driving an EV.

CONGRATULATIONS and GREAT JOB!
+1 I'd echo what was said above. Nicely done!

Interesting video!. I dont get why the new anchor was bending over backward to plug hybrid cars after that very convincing clip about the electric car, though.

Great piece. This is the type of story that people need to see frequently, with real people just going about their daily lives. And the solar to LEAF story is visible.

Thanks.

I'm in the TV biz, and believe me, that package could have turned out a lot worse! Good on ya... my Leaf ought to be here in two weeks, so I can charge it from *my* solar panels!

I was talking to my friend last night and told him I was gonna pick up a nissan leaf next month. And he told me in a very matter of fact voice, that I should do some research in it because the home charger is 8000.00 . I told him no that was totally incorrect and told him about all the charging options. Point is the general public is TOTALLY clueless about the EV scene.
Doc

Thanks for the kind comments all. The film crew shot hours of footage and I didn't know at the time that it was going to be such a short piece, but you're right: it's at least another data point out there in the HUGE vacuum of lacking or totally incorrect knowledge about our EV's.

Very good report and PV EV story. I've done the same at my home and run my home, LEAF and still made 1200 KwH extra for the year.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/18441025/coronado-firefighter-commutes-with-zero-emissions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/quote]

Back