My Custom Licence Plate Frame

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrmgkia

I just got my license plate in the mail today. I ordered it off ebay, the quality isn't great, so if you like the phrase I would suggest contacting "evplates.com" to see if they can do a custom phrase. I came up with the phrase, so I believe it is currently one of a kind.

IMG_18492.jpg

jrmgkia said:
I just got my license plate in the mail today. I ordered it off ebay, the quality isn't great, so if you like the phrase I would suggest contacting "evplates.com" to see if they can do a custom phrase. I came up with the phrase, so I believe it is currently one of a kind.

IMG_18492.jpg
Cute. But you say the quality is NOT great? Are there problems?

cgaydos said:
Cute. But you say the quality is NOT great? Are there problems?

I think it's plastic.

There are ones you can get that are Solid Brass, like this place: http://www.autoplates.com/_custom/frame_brass/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I guess that under water cable was very expensive?

If I were you I'd install solar panels. That's my next project.

MatthewGMorgan said:
I pay 34cents a KW here on Oahu.
gas is 4.23 for the cheap stuff.

I just ordered this Custom License Plate Frame, Solid Brass, Chrome Plated and the letters deep engraved and then Enamel painted.

What do you think?

I think it'll look good with my UBUYGAS License plate (if it ever shows up!)
LasareathLeaf42.jpg

Personally not a fan of so much text (or license plate frames in general). Also not sure about capitalizing Miles and Electricity, doesn't look right, neither do the smileys (most people won't get it).

If you really want something like this, I would do something most people can associate with, something like 'this car uses $0 in gas' (but something better, as long as people can understand).

All IMO of course.

Lasareath said:
supra410 said:
Lasareath said:
I might have to buy one, I like it!

Wow! how high is electricity per kwh in the northeast?

11 cents per 1000 watts

What is your gas prices? The guy down the street is at $3.22 a gallon.

Was 6.2 cents per kwh, but summer rates kicked in at 8.1. Gas was holding steady at 3.22 and then skyrocketed to 3.83. I have a plate frame if anyone is interested. I got a custom one that reads. "my other vehicles fund state sponsored terrorism". I ordered it for mine, but the wife shut me down. If anyone wants it and covers the shipping, you can have it. It's chrome with black engraved plates, top & bottom.

I capitalized the M and E because I wanted to emphasize those words. Most people don't even know what this car is. My next door neighbor said. "Wow! It looks like a regular car!" She thought electric cars looked like golf carts! LOL.

I figure half the idiots that are on the road won't even understand what it means. They'll look at my plate UBUYGAS and say yeah I buy gas. And keep driving! LOL.

My message is for the intelligent driver. The one that looks and says oh **** that's a Leaf. They know what they spend for gas. What they want to know is how much electricity they need to spend to go the same distance per year.

That's what I wanted to know. I knew I spent $3000 a year on gas. When somebody told me you'll spend $500 to $750 a year on electricity instead it was a no brainier.

lion said:
Personally not a fan of so much text (or license plate frames in general). Also not sure about capitalizing Miles and Electricity, doesn't look right, neither do the smileys (most people won't get it).

If you really want something like this, I would do something most people can associate with, something like 'this car uses $0 in gas' (but something better, as long as people can understand).

All IMO of course.

Nice. Wish I was at 6.2 per kWh. My dad has 36 solar panels on his roof and he gets paid $300+ per month. Wish I had that. It's next on my list. Maybe for next year.

Your plate frame sound cool. Don't really have a place for it. I guess she pays the car payment?

supra410 said:
Was 6.2 cents per kwh, but summer rates kicked in at 8.1. Gas was holding steady at 3.22 and then skyrocketed to 3.83. I have a plate frame if anyone is interested. I got a custom one that reads. "my other vehicles fund state sponsored terrorism". I ordered it for mine, but the wife shut me down. If anyone wants it and covers the shipping, you can have it. It's chrome with black engraved plates, top & bottom.

Lasareath said:
Nice. Wish I was at 6.2 per kWh. My dad has 36 solar panels on his roof and he gets paid $300+ per month. Wish I had that. It's next on my list. Maybe for next year.

Your plate frame sound cool. Don't really have a place for it. I guess she pays the car payment?

Haha, actually the Leaf pays it's own payment! ;) I live in Oklahoma in a rural area. Not saying people around here are dumb. She's afraid someone will misunderstand it and cause unwanted attention. If you look at the some of the nations participating in the Opec cartel. This statement is somewhat true. I really liked it, but will concede to her wishes.

I think most people would not do the math but look at $500 and think that $500 is a lot of money. My frame says, "No Gas...Sun Powered Electric". But I'm a special case because we do have solar panels and are in a great part of the country for solar. It is an interesting exercise to see how succinctly you can get your message across to people that may not know about EVs.

ERG4ALL said:
I think most people would not do the math but look at $500 and think that $500 is a lot of money.
That was my take also. Something like "3¢ per mile" is a bit easier to grasp. But even that would be beyond the many who are arithmetic challenged.
My frame says, "No Gas...Sun Powered Electric". But I'm a special case because we do have solar panels and are in a great part of the country for solar. It is an interesting exercise to see how succinctly you can get your message across to people that may not know about EVs.
One of the plates I had on my list was "SUNPWRD", used by several others here. But I went with something easier to understand because I knew I would have the only EV around here for some years to come and wanted people to think about what my car is.

I never use license plate frames because I think our Colorado plates are pretty and don't want to cover any of it up:

Not very original, but descriptive. I have had a number of comments, though mostly from friends or acquaintances.

I tried to get PLUG IN but it was taken. I really wanted NOMOGAS but that was taken, the same with NO GAS. Can't get NO GASS because it says ass in it. I was thinking NO GA5 but I wasn't ready to use numbers in place of letters.

Just got a letter today from my DMV that my plate is coming next week :)

Lately I've been seeing lots of people pointing and staring at my car and taking pictures of it! LOL

I like your plate. I'm in NJ we're a little rude here I wanted to stick it to people! LOL that's what I got UBUYGAS

dgpcolorado said:
I never use license plate frames because I think our Colorado plates are pretty and don't want to cover any of it up:

Not very original, but descriptive. I have had a number of comments, though mostly from friends or acquaintances.

Lasareath said:
I tried to get PLUG IN but it was taken. I really wanted NOMOGAS but that was taken, the same with NO GAS. Can't get NO GASS because it says ass in it. I was thinking NO GA5 but I wasn't ready to use numbers in place of letters.

Just got a letter today from my DMV that my plate is coming next week :)

Lately I've been seeing lots of people pointing and staring at my car and taking pictures of it! LOL

I like your plate. I'm in NJ we're a little rude here I wanted to stick it to people! LOL that's what I got UBUYGAS

Ha! My plate came in last week. My choices were, NOMOGAS, ZEROGAS, OPECSUX, GASLESS. I ended up with nomogas.. I like the touch of ebonics :)

Back