NASHVILLE TENNESSEE - LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ralphmc said:
fishfool said:
I'm in for meet up. If we choose CB at Stewarts Ferry better check L3 status. As of last week Blink was waiting for a repair part for QC. :roll: If we need more L2 charging we could use Kohl's(3 - L2) on Lebanon Pike they usually have the most non-ICE'd pedestals.
And we have my house BLINK L2 about 1.5 mls down the road.

...now it looks like most of us would like to meet on Sunday, is next week the 29th of January to early?

Or should we shoot for 2 weeks from now?

Ralpmc

Either works for me. The 5th I would leave a little later from Church than this coming weekend.

The LifePoint Corporation, a major healthcare operation, is planning a new HQ building in Brentwood. They have 6 x L2 charging stations planned and placed prominently at the front of the building. Recommendation has gone forward to senior management for an L3 charging station to be added to the plan.

Do you have to have a Blink membership to use one of the Blink Cracker Barrel QCs? I went to the East Ridge CB for lunch and the QC didn't like my zip code. Presumably you have to sign up for one of the Blink membership plans for that to work? At least the L2 cord was long and worked without wanting a zip code.

It's all irrelevant anyway, as there was a large SUV parked in front of the one working side of the QC and those cords aren't long enough to stretch across parking spots.

frodrick said:
Do you have to have a Blink membership to use one of the Blink Cracker Barrel QCs? I went to the East Ridge CB for lunch and the QC didn't like my zip code. Presumably you have to sign up for one of the Blink membership plans for that to work? At least the L2 cord was long and worked without wanting a zip code.

It's all irrelevant anyway, as there was a large SUV parked in front of the one working side of the QC and those cords aren't long enough to stretch across parking spots.

Back in early December, I used the L2 at a hotel near the airport as a test. It hooked up and charged without a card. Next, I tried the L2 at CB in Cool Springs and it wanted my Blink Card. The QC and L2 at Nissan HQ didn't take the Blink Card but I found out later that you have to go inside and request that it be activated. Last week I used that hotel charger again and it asked for the Blink Card. The L2 at the Brentwood Public Library wanted the Blink Card and it is a relatively new installation (maybe last couple of weeks or so).

I applied for and received a Blink Card early on and keep it in the car.

As for ICE'd spaces, I am composing a couple of notices to place under the windshield. I'll post them later after I savor the language a bit more.

Kohl's Department Store off of McEwen, next to WalMart now has 4 Blink pedestal chargers with lots of signs warning off the ICE folks. I pulled a quick charge for about 45 minutes while Momma-San spent money inside. Kohl's is close enough to WalMart so you can walk about 500 feet and do your Wally World Expedition too. Didn't try that today but will next week. I told the assistant manager at Kohl's what a Blessing it was to have the chargers and that we were going to spend lots of money there. She printed off a $10 "Kohl's Money" certificate, bestowed a sincere Nemaste upon us too.

Here are some pictures I made in the last couple days:

url]

Brentwood Public Library with mine and another Leaf.. Mine was feeding, the other not hungry but glad to see the Leaf was keeping an ICE out of the spot! Funny thing is that the next day I was there a Nashville Electric Co truck (ICE) was in one of the slots.

url]

Cool Springs Kohl's Department Store EV spots

url]

Kohl's EV Only signage.

Lol i'm so silly (must be the case of the Friday's). I thought we posted JP's blog... I think someone got Ralph's blog messed up with JP's. Glad you got yours posted JP -- looks like Nissan likes your blog post about the "The EV Taxman." Go JP! :)

kelseypost said:
Lol i'm so silly (must be the case of the Friday's). I thought we posted JP's blog... I think someone got Ralph's blog messed up with JP's. Glad you got yours posted JP -- looks like Nissan likes your blog post about the "The EV Taxman." Go JP! :)

Hey no problem. Ralph's blog is great, I'm subscribed to it. Glad Nissan are reaching out to find out how their customers are doing with their LEAF's. I'll be by to see you guys next month when I get to 7500 miles. I'll get the recent firmware update done at that time.

Hey when are you guys gonna sell that White LEAF that's been parked by the charger in your front lot since before Christmas. I'll give ya'll $7,500 for it :)

Cool! We just posted a coupon on Foursquare for $10 off any Leaf service, so you should take advantage of that. Let me know around what time you'll be there and I'll come down and chat with you about Leaf stuff!

Lol they're not selling the white Leaf... I wish! It's the store's demo. I think they use it more to shock people when they ask, "Doesn't that electric car only go 15 mph?" ;)

kelseypost said:
Lol they're not selling the white Leaf... I wish! It's the store's demo. I think they use it more to shock people when they ask, "Doesn't that electric car only go 15 mph?" ;)

That's right, it's just a glorified golf cart right? :)

When I give people a ride in my LEAF they are always astounded at the pickup, then I delight in saying oh, you think that's fast? Then I floor it from a standing start :) It really is a fun car to drive.

Did anyone receive an email from Paula Smith from Ecotality about an EV event at the Loews Vanderbilt hotel in March?

"LEAF or VOLT + EV PROJECT = $2500 State Rebate, Free Charging Station, $1200 Installation Credit and a cleaner transportation option.