NASHVILLE TENNESSEE - LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TNleaf said:
Who all mentioned that they would be attending the Earth Day celebration at Centennial Park? (Saturday April 21st 11am-7pm: http://www.nashvilleearthday.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

I recall seeing Ralph, JP, kelseypost, and CWO4Mann was a potential yes. Anyone else planning on bringing their LEAF?

Is it an all day thing?

Bledsoe Creek State Park is holding earthday events also http://tn.gov/environment/parks/BledsoeCreek/

I may try and go to both if I can figure out the order of events in Nashville.

TNleaf said:
Who all mentioned that they would be attending the Earth Day celebration at Centennial Park? (Saturday April 21st 11am-7pm: http://www.nashvilleearthday.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

I recall seeing Ralph, JP, kelseypost, and CWO4Mann was a potential yes. Anyone else planning on bringing their LEAF?
Still bee their too - and for those who need a charge, they are welcime to ho across the street to the Holiday Inn they have 2 L2 in the back parking lot.

See you guys then,
Ralphmc

Yep, I'll be there! I'm still trying to string together a Q&A session at 2pm that day, but it's still in the works. I just finished rapping up our Easter Egg hunt, so now I have more time to devote to planning Earth Day festivities.

Also, a Leaf owner at the EV in TN event mentioned to me that we should set up a rewards program for Leaf owners who refer people to Newton Nissan.
Does anyone else think that's a good idea? Maybe at some point on Earth Day, we can all meet up and exchange ideas.

See ya soon,

Kels

kelseypost said:
Yep, I'll be there! I'm still trying to string together a Q&A session at 2pm that day, but it's still in the works. I just finished rapping up our Easter Egg hunt, so now I have more time to devote to planning Earth Day festivities.

Also, a Leaf owner at the EV in TN event mentioned to me that we should set up a rewards program for Leaf owners who refer people to Newton Nissan.
Does anyone else think that's a good idea? Maybe at some point on Earth Day, we can all meet up and exchange ideas.

See ya soon,

Kels

I certainly think a referral program would be good. There are several ways to approach it.

If a referral turns into a sale there could be a small cash payout.

Another way would be for a larger credit to be made to the Nissan one-to-one program for future purchases and/or service. That would both promote the dealership and the one-to-one loyalty program.

Let us know about the Q&A session once you've go the details ironed out. I'll be happy to participate.

Anyone else interested in the Earth Day celebration at Centennial Park? (Eleafgrrl, looking at you!)

For anyone interested, I am in contact with Sharon Smith of Metro Nashville, she is helping to organize the event. One of the ideas we had was to get all of our LEAFs and EVs parked in the same area (they would be near the Newton Nissan and Schneider Electric booths) and create a sort of "Meet an EV driver/owner" area.

Sharon would like to get an idea of how many parking spots to reserve/setup.

I will be there with my LEAF (I am volunteering to setup a booth at 9:45 so I'll be there early), Newton Nissan mentioned having their demo (kelseypost is this still true?), the Schneider Electric LEAF will be present, Ralph, JP?... how many others are confirmed?

If I could get a good number to her today, that would be great! :mrgreen:

TNleaf said:
Anyone else interested in the Earth Day celebration at Centennial Park? (Eleafgrrl, looking at you!)

For anyone interested, I am in contact with Sharon Smith of Metro Nashville, she is helping to organize the event. One of the ideas we had was to get all of our LEAFs and EVs parked in the same area (they would be near the Newton Nissan and Schneider Electric booths) and create a sort of "Meet an EV driver/owner" area.

I will be there with my LEAF (I am volunteering to setup a booth at 9:45 so I'll be there early), Newton Nissan mentioned having their demo (kelseypost is this still true?), the Schneider Electric LEAF will be present, Ralph, JP?... how many others are confirmed?

All things being equal, I'll be there.

JPWhite said:
TNleaf said:

All things being equal, I'll be there.

Count me in.

Great! I also spoke to someone from LightWave Solar Electric today and they said they will be in attendance and will most likely have their black LEAF present.

Can't wait to see you all there!

brad said:
I will plan to be there. What is the best time to arrive?

Brad

Their website (http://www.nashvilleearthday.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) states the event is from 11am-7pm, Saturday April 21. So plan accordingly. I will personally be there early (9:45) to help setup a booth. When I get more of the logistics from Sharon, I will post those here.

My guess would be around 11-noon will be a decent time to show up as all of the booths should be ready before 11.

I'm hoping to have a Q&A/pow wow with all the Leaf owners around 2 pm... if you want to drop by around then!

To all LEAF owners in the metro Nashville aera who want to come make this our next meet-up, I spoke with of managers of Holiday Inn across the street from the C Park, they happy to rope off the back parking lot naer the 2 BLINK chargers in the back, so that hungry LEAF don't have starve. I will post some pictures on my blog @ wordpress.com/ralphmc
So you have it easier to find it is a 5 minute walking distance to where the festivity will be.

Visited the Holiday Inn Vanderbilt this evening. Only one of the two chargers was available. The poor unfortunate Volt that arrived after me had to run his L1 EVSE to a 120 outlet. Volt had Michigan Tags.

I reported the faulty unit to Blink Networks and got an acknowledgement from them. I did point out that on Earth Day there will be a lot of LEAF's looking for a charge.

Does someone work close by that can check closer to the event they repaired it? It was the right hand unit.

bryan38401 said:
It would be nice if we could talk schneider electric (SQ D) into a level 3 for this event!!!

Last I heard, Schneider Electric L3 QC isn't available until end of May/early June.

Besides, the organizers are very clear about the following:

4. Electricity is not available to exhibit spaces; generators are not allowed.

It would be cool to see a DC QC other than the Blinks out and installed though!

I'm creating a new thread for the Nashville Earth Day Celebration.

TNleaf said:
kelseypost said:
Off topic... but JP, I think we spotted you at our local Cracker Barrel... is this you? It's the first picture here.

That's who I thought of first too! But I remember he got his windows tinted :cool:

Also, the thread about Nashville Earth Day Festival is located here.

You are correct TNLEAF that isn't me. Last time I was at the Gallatin Cracker Barrel was back in January.

Back