NASHVILLE TENNESSEE - LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Nashville LEAFers! Does anyone know anything about the Rock n Roll Half Marathon next Saturday (28th) in Nashville? Nissan is the automotive sponsor. Are they running a LEAF as the pace car? Are any of you working the expo?

gascant said:
Hey Nashville LEAFers! Does anyone know anything about the Rock n Roll Half Marathon next Saturday (28th) in Nashville? Nissan is the automotive sponsor. Are they running a LEAF as the pace car? Are any of you working the expo?

A lady who is the Nissan PR for the LEAF (and has been for the last 3 years) was at the Earth Day celebrations. I asked her about it. They are sponsors as a company, but nothing specifically targeted at the LEAF. I don't expect a LEAF pace car or anything specific after speaking with her. Another opportunity squandered by Nissan? They really need to connect with their local customer base here in TN more closely.

TNLEAF got her details. She said she would work with us for future events. Time will tell if that is more than good intentions on her part. I'm not going to hold my breath.

I'll be in of the last corrals next week, doing the 1/2 marathon. It'll be my third half marathon.

JPWhite said:
gascant said:

A lady who is the Nissan PR for the LEAF (and has been for the last 3 years) was at the Earth Day celebrations. I asked her about it. They are sponsors as a company, but nothing specifically targeted at the LEAF. I don't expect a LEAF pace car or anything specific after speaking with her. Another opportunity squandered by Nissan? They really need to connect with their local customer base here in TN more closely.

TNLEAF got her details. She said she would work with us for future events. Time will tell if that is more than good intentions on her part. I'm not going to hold my breath.

I'll be in of the last corrals next week, doing the 1/2 marathon. It'll be my third half marathon.
Is that a regional person? Or someone national like Katherine Zachery? So they might have a GTR as the pace car? That would be a disappointment. It's a great opportunity for the LEAF. Last year, the San Jose event had 12,000 racers and 72,000 spectators along the route.
Good luck in the race. I'm hoping to do my first one this year.

gascant said:
JPWhite said:
gascant said:

Is that a regional person? Or someone national like Katherine Zachery? So they might have a GTR as the pace car? That would be a disappointment. It's a great opportunity for the LEAF. Last year, the San Jose event had 12,000 racers and 72,000 spectators along the route.
Good luck in the race. I'm hoping to do my first one this year.

Katherine Zachery is who I met. She got my card (she didn't have one on her) and wrote down my email, but I have yet to hear from her.

TNleaf said:
Katherine Zachery is who I met. She got my card (she didn't have one on her) and wrote down my email, but I have yet to hear from her.
Probably her email is [email protected] and my guess is that you'll have to email her. In my experience, Nissan corporate folks are good at responding. I wonder if they think they'll have everything covered with their own folks?

gascant said:
TNleaf said:
Probably her email is [email protected] and my guess is that you'll have to email her. In my experience, Nissan corporate folks are good at responding. I wonder if they think they'll have everything covered with their own folks?

Is this who you talked to? http://urbangreenlab.org/?page_id=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - click on the read more button to see her picture.

She is also a board Member of the Urban Green Lab.

Wonder why she never came by and spoke with us the "LEAF owners"....

Ralph

ralphmc said:
gascant said:
TNleaf said:

Is this who you talked to? http://urbangreenlab.org/?page_id=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - click on the read more button to see her picture.

Ralph

That's her. I spoke with her briefly. She introduced herself to Kenner and myself, she was very interested to hear us talk to the public about our experiences with the LEAF.

JPWhite said:
ralphmc said:
TNleaf said:

Ralph

That's her. I spoke with her briefly. She introduced herself to Kenner and myself, she was very interested to hear us talk to the public about our experiences with the LEAF.

Yeh that is her. JP and I did speak to her briefly. She mentioned that she was at the event for the Urban Green Lab and that she was excited to see the LEAF owners.

I'll shoot her an email today and say hi.

TNleaf said:
Yeh that is her. JP and I did speak to her briefly. She mentioned that she was at the event for the Urban Green Lab and that she was excited to see the LEAF owners.

Yeah, let her know that LEAF owners all across the country are sharing their ownership experiences. Aside from Nashville, DC, Seattle, Phoenix, Portland, and all of California have active owners clubs.

gascant said:
TNleaf said:

Yeah, let her know that LEAF owners all across the country are sharing their ownership experiences. Aside from Nashville, DC, Seattle, Phoenix, Portland, and all of California have active owners clubs.

You are kidding, right? :)

So, JPWhite, how did the race go? I'll also be in one of the last corrals (assuming my training program is successful), but looking forward to it nevertheless. What was Nissan like there? Did they have a booth at the Expo? What car was the pace car?

gascant said:
So, JPWhite, how did the race go? I'll also be in one of the last corrals (assuming my training program is successful), but looking forward to it nevertheless. What was Nissan like there? Did they have a booth at the Expo? What car was the pace car?
OK, I did a little digging and found (on the Nissan LEAF FB page) that they did have a black LEAF as the pace car! Kudos to Nissan for making the right choice!
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151003336567796&set=a.10150129438332796.335311.141137487795&type=1&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gascant said:
gascant said:
OK, I did a little digging and found (on the Nissan LEAF FB page) that they did have a black LEAF as the pace car! Kudos to Nissan for making the right choice!
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151003336567796&set=a.10150129438332796.335311.141137487795&type=1&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well spotted! Glad they did the right thing!

The first 12 miles of the race went very well for me, until I cramped up that is :) I did finish but didn't get a personal best, I was on pace to beat 2 1/2 hours but ended up taking just over 3. Maybe I'll do better next year.

JPWhite said:
gascant said:
gascant said:

Well spotted! Glad they did the right thing!

The first 12 miles of the race went very well for me, until I cramped up that is :) I did finish but didn't get a personal best, I was on pace to beat 2 1/2 hours but ended up taking just over 3. Maybe I'll do better next year.
Congratulations! I figure that some of the best marathoners in the world are half my age, so I ought to be able to do a half in the same time that they do a full. So, with 5 months to the race, I'm setting my goal at about 2:09. Stretch goal will be under 2 hours. We'll see how it goes once the training starts.

Would still love to get LEAF as the pace car out here in San Jose.

Can a helpful person tell me if the Monteagle L3 QC is working? I've seen it mentioned herein but it does not show up on any of the web maps I have for chargers. If there is a working one in Monteagle, then I can do my Chattanooga trip next weekend.

TIA

Dave

CWO4Mann said:
Can a helpful person tell me if the Monteagle L3 QC is working? I've seen it mentioned herein but it does not show up on any of the web maps I have for chargers. If there is a working one in Monteagle, then I can do my Chattanooga trip next weekend.

TIA

Dave
Dave, blink map shows both online, there is also the smoke house, which, has one at the end next to the motel. I have made this trip and had no problems. You can always call the BLINK 800 number to have them check if and someone had scanned there card recently.

Good luck

Ralph

ralphmc said:
CWO4Mann said:

TIA

Dave
Dave, blink map shows both online, there is also the smoke house, which, has one at the end next to the motel. I have made this trip and had no problems. You can always call the BLINK 800 number to have them check if and someone had scanned there card recently.

Good luck

Ralph

Thanks Ralph, Will Do!

Dave

ralphmc said:
CWO4Mann said:

TIA

Dave

Good luck

Ralph

I just got off the phone with Blink and after about 15 minutes of checking the operator advised that all 3 QC L3 chargers (Murfreesboro, Manchester and Monteagle) are "off-line at the moment waiting on repairs and software changes". I told the nice lady that having a QC half-way between Nashville and Chattanooga was essential and I reinforced that by explaining all about my trip to the Bluegrass Festival and how when the kids were small we would always stop in Monteagle so they could run around and mom and I could fill up on cases of wine and then on to the Aquarium in C-Town. Turns out that when the operator "was little" she used to go there too. Awwww ...

Back