National Plug In Day - Sunday, October 16th

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
richard said:
Nissan is lending the Santa Monica organizers their Aerovironment QC Charger on a flatbed. I have some photos of this rig from Alt-Car I'll post later. It would be great to have one of these at the OC event, but I don't know how many of these beasts Nissan has.
I am afraid to ask, but I will: How is this "beast" powered? diesel ?

Got an email from Dan Davids....they're asking anyone who can to donate $25 to help fund the various events scheduled for October 16th. If you're able to help, please visit the link below and donate what you can, even if you can't stretch to $25 (or even if you can donate more!):

https://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/2711/shop/custom.jsp?donate_page_KEY=7768" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mwalsh said:
Got an email from Dan Davids....they're asking anyone who can to donate $25 to help fund the various events scheduled for October 16th. If you're able to help, please visit the link below and donate what you can, even if you can't stretch to $25 (or even if you can donate more!):

https://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/2711/shop/custom.jsp?donate_page_KEY=7768" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

@mwalsh - thanks for posting this. Our budget for Santa Monica alone is $13,000. We got GM and Leviton to donate a few thousand, but the rest is coming out of our meager budget, so any help you folks can give is greatly appreciated!

Anyone know of a contact for the Seattle (Mercer Island) event?
Any chance of a couple of hours L1?

Bill

ebill3 said:
Chad Schwitters ([email protected]) is organizing the Seattle event. You might be able to get L1, if they unlock one of the maintenance sheds. Otherwise, I'd plan on using one of the L2 chargers in Renton (Renton Landing, City Hall, or Younker Nissan).

sproqitman said:
ebill3 said:
Chad Schwitters ([email protected]) is organizing the Seattle event. You might be able to get L1, if they unlock one of the maintenance sheds. Otherwise, I'd plan on using one of the L2 chargers in Renton (Renton Landing, City Hall, or Younker Nissan).
Thank you. I should be OK without, but a little cushion is nice.

Bill

mwalsh said:

Sent

Here are the promised photos of Nissan's QC rig. They have offered it for use at the Santa Monica event.

Not sure if it will be set up in this exact configuration for this weekend.

DSC_5479.jpg

The "beast". Aerovironment's EV60 Fleet Fast Charger

DSC_5486.jpg

The QC cord (with dollar bill for comparison)

DSC_5483.jpg

The TEPCO connector.

DSC_5492.jpg

The connections powering the Level 2 stations.

DSC_5477.jpg

Custom clamps for easy temporary mounting of Level 2 stations

DSC_5473.jpg

The rig offers a dozen Level 2 stations, and one QC charger

DSC_5471.jpg

Side view

Anybody heading down to the Plug in day event tomorrow morning in Santa Monica? I was just curious who might be attending. It's a bit early.. but I plan to head down there for the big parade and festivities. Should be fun.. and it would be great to meet up with the MNL group.

-Peter

We might hit 300 cars in Santa monica and over 50 in Orange County. Lots of people rsvp'd this week. The press has been covering it quite a bit. Both GM and Nissan sent out notice, too. Wherever you are, go to one of our events. We've got 26 cities involved now.

PaulScott said:
We might hit 300 cars in Santa monica and over 50 in Orange County. Lots of people rsvp'd this week. The press has been covering it quite a bit. Both GM and Nissan sent out notice, too. Wherever you are, go to one of our events. We've got 26 cities involved now.

Over 100 in San Diego.

The SM event sounds like it'll be an amazing site to see. Alas, we'll be on the road down to Orange as it happens to L1 for a couple hours at GF's parents house then over to the OC event mere blocks away. Thought about trying to hit SM on the way but it'll add a good 15-20 miles to the day not including the actual parade/cruising festivities. That'd make it a late night return home with L1 only since we're about 55 miles away (taking 170/101/5 instead of 405/22).

mwalsh said:
Done!

ElectricVehicle said:
mwalsh said:
Done!

Thanks!

Another option folks could perhaps consider is joining Plug-In America. I supposed that either way will help replenish PIA's coffers.

https://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/2711/shop/shop.jsp?storefront_KEY=524" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nashville's Plug-in Day concluded a few moments ago. What a great time for making new friends and meeting the local Nissan, Blink and Schneider Electric Representative.

I posted some photos at the Facebook National Plug in Day pages.

Santa Monica event was fantastic. In the staging area near city hall, we were lined up in 3 rows in the street for as far as you could see down the street. All kinds of EVs were there including commercial trucks and motorcycles...and of course, a zillion LEAFs or at least it seemed that way. There were even a few celebrities including a Fabio sighting on his EV motorcycle. It was like a giant car show since we had to be there so early. We all walked up and down and checked out each other's cars and told stories. We saw for our group: Sharon from the valley, Al, Chris (with his 2 kids), Tom from Claremont, and Matt and his mini. I am sure there were others I did not see. Many cars were festively festooned. I liked Sharon's sun pinata on their hood and the big mylar butterfly flying from one car. The best was the black LEAF "batt" mobile decked out by identical twin brothers as a Bat Mobile. Very creative! We cruised in a seemingly never ending line of vehicles silently down Main St. Santa Monica to the amazement of the many on lookers. A great day!

Pictures! http://flic.kr/ps/213wwd

CWO4Mann said:
Nashville's Plug-in Day concluded a few moments ago. What a great time for making new friends and meeting the local Nissan, Blink and Schneider Electric Representative.

I posted some photos at the Facebook National Plug in Day pages.

Thank you for posting those pictures! What a great time and a good turn-out. We had something like 22-Nissan LEAFs show up, 1 chevy Volt, and several people awaiting arrival of an EV or just interested in the technology.

For anyone interested, the event/pictures is located here.

Back