Navigation Screen opens when starting the car..

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deimos909

Has anybody else experienced this weird behavior? When I start the car the navigation screen opens a little bit... maybe like 10 degrees. If I turn the car off the screen resets back. I tried pushing the open/close button and the screen opens up all the way then closes all the way, and then opens up a bit. Is there some kind of reset on the screen?

Ahh.. it seems like that might be the issue. I had no idea this feature existed. Now the question is why did my screen spontaneously get into that mode.. weird.

deimos909 said:
Ahh.. it seems like that might be the issue. I had no idea this feature existed. Now the question is why did my screen spontaneously get into that mode.. weird.
Probably because you inadvertently pushed and held the button.

deimos909 said:
Has anybody else experienced this weird behavior? When I start the car the navigation screen opens a little bit... maybe like 10 degrees. If I turn the car off the screen resets back. I tried pushing the open/close button and the screen opens up all the way then closes all the way, and then opens up a bit. Is there some kind of reset on the screen?

Mine also does this. I have always assumed that the slight angle is the normal operating angle until you change it to another. I have always left it in this position.

evken said:
The nav screen has three angles available. The longer you hold the button the greater the angle. Check your manual.
My 2014 manual says nothing about tilting the navigation screen. But the "Open/Tilt" button speaks for itself. I also drove about a thousand kilometres thinking that something is wrong with the screen. Just today I saw the "Tilt" part of the Open button:
[youtube]http://youtu.be/XYxxRTdvL70[/youtube]
Tilting the Navigation Screen of Nissan LEAF

Back