NC Leaf Owners

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lpickup said:
If this kind of thing happens again I'll try to remember to plug in with the RIGHT hand charging station so that if another EV pulls up they can plug into the EVSE in front of where my car is parked at least.

Same thing happened to me at the McDonalds in Cary today... Mazda pick-up parked and blocking the Level2 charger. Tried to park beside him but the station cable would not reach... Saw him leave after I got food so I went out, moved over, and plugged in. There are 2 chargers here. A level 1 and a level 2, both charge point.

Why yes! I figured Harry would upload a picture since he took quite a few, but in the meantime, here is my shot:

CarShow.jpg

From left to right, that is Harry's, James' and my LEAFs.

This gathering was huge and really a lot of fun. There were quite a few people interested in looking at the LEAFs, including the one guy who just kept asking what kind of mileage it got! I guess the concept of a car that doesn't run on gas at all is still foreign to him. But we had a great time meeting up and looking at all the beautiful cars there.

By far, our cars made the least noise when we drove off!

Thanks for sharing. I was talking to a local Volt owner last week and he bragged about getting 140 MPG. He ask me how many MPG I got. I gave him my answer. "We don't do MPG
then give him the number of Trees and Lbs of Emmision I have saved.
:D Mule

Attachments

• IMG_9072.JPG
    IMG_9072.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 31
Good shots Harry! What camera?
NC DOT plate ZERO GA$ orderded last week.
NOTAGA$R, GA$ALE$$ is still available.
The lic plate below came from.
http://www.licenseplates.tv/?gclid=CJLZnqHow60CFUOo4AodgRIOAQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:roll: Mule

Attachments

• IMG_9073.JPG
    IMG_9073.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 28
Really had a great morning answering questions and talking with you guys about your LEAFs. Maybe next month we can get several more out there with us!

img0490at.jpg

img0493aa.jpg

img0492oi.jpg

Here is a picture of 14 Leaves at Leith Nissan. I beleive all these cars are part of the Advanced Energy program.

Sorry about the poor lighting, it would be good if the colors were better because all 5 of the different available colors are in this line up of cars. The second car is the Red and the last car is black.

IMAG0112.jpg

aedanna said:
Here is a picture of 14 Leaves at Leith Nissan.

I think it's worth noting (and please correct me if I get the numbers wrong Tony) that this is not a stockpile of orphaned LEAFs that haven't be sold, but rather only PART of a set of 40 LEAFs that are going to new owners as part of an Advanced Energy program to introduce the LEAF to the Triangle area. They are being prepped and should be delivered to their new owners soon. So if like me you haven't seen any LEAFs in the wild out there, that will probably change in a week or two!

Yes - I think the 40 Advanced Energy cars will be out there soon.

Thanks for sharing photos from the car get together on Saturday. Unfortunately, I will be out of town for the next one (and didn't know about the last one), and so cannot bring my "Blue ocean" Leaf to the party (for the color variation). Perhaps in March.... or is there interest in raking together a "Leaf pile" separate from the car thing?

Yesterday two guys from Duke Power came by to check on my power lines -- to make sure that adding the EVSE from their pilot program is not overtaxing my incoming (from their box at the street) lines. Apparently I am fine. Before they did their thing, though, they asked tons of questions and I had fun opening the hood and the charging door and telling them about the car. I heard one of them tell the other he was glad he had decided to ride along and check it out. I was the first installation they had gone to check on.

I LOVE my Leaf! :D

nlagnew said:
or is there interest in raking together a "Leaf pile" separate from the car thing?

I think that would be a great idea. I think some good options for a venue would be Brier Creek (if any need a charge they could sneak one from one of the 6 chargers there) or downtown Raleigh (now that I know there are 4 perfectly good chargers within walking distance of the Flying Saucer). I'm not that familiar with the Cary area so if anyone has any ideas for that area let me know.

What would work best? Weeknight or weekend? In my case a Saturday lunch-time would work best for Brier Creek/Cary area, and Thursday night for downtown Raleigh.

lpickup said:
nlagnew said:
or is there interest in raking together a "Leaf pile" separate from the car thing?

I think that would be a great idea. I think some good options for a venue would be Brier Creek (if any need a charge they could sneak one from one of the 6 chargers there) or downtown Raleigh (now that I know there are 4 perfectly good chargers within walking distance of the Flying Saucer). I'm not that familiar with the Cary area so if anyone has any ideas for that area let me know.

What would work best? Weeknight or weekend? In my case a Saturday lunch-time would work best for Brier Creek/Cary area, and Thursday night for downtown Raleigh.

I'm good for a Sat Lunch at Brier or Thursday evening downtown. I checked the chargers at Nash Square out on Sunday. Topped the LEAF off while the family hung out downtown for a bit. Let me know dates and times and I'm in.

nlagnew said:
Yes - I think the 40 Advanced Energy cars will be out there soon.

Thanks for sharing photos from the car get together on Saturday. Unfortunately, I will be out of town for the next one (and didn't know about the last one), and so cannot bring my "Blue ocean" Leaf to the party (for the color variation). Perhaps in March.... or is there interest in raking together a "Leaf pile" separate from the car thing?

I LOVE my Leaf! :D

Yes all the cars in the photo are all assigned to the Advanced Energy Study. They are currently in the process of putting in the GPS tracking units.

All of the cars in the Advanced Energy study have been assigned and purchased. The cars should be on the road within the two weeks.

I can't wait to get my car, it is starting to drive me a bit crazy. My wife has asked that I not talk about the car until it arrives. :roll:

Tony

aedanna said:
I can't wait to get my car, it is starting to drive me a bit crazy. My wife has asked that I not talk about the car until it arrives. :roll:

Tony

I know how feel...I had to wait 2 weeks while my LEAF was transported across the country. I paced anxiously via FaceBook and my friends and relatives got a big chuckle at my daily posts of impatience. I feel for you. I'd probably be visiting my car in the dealer lot daily if mine was stuck there!

--Sarah

lpickup said:
muleferg said:
http://www.plugincars.com/wireless-charging-forces-are-aligning-110926.html

EV Wireless anyone? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes it coming soon.

Definitely would not use one of those at home or any secure charging location. Even if they get the losses down to 3% it's still throwing money and energy needlessly down the drain.

Disclosure: I work for Qualcomm, but not in this area

Get your credit card ready, Qualcomm Halo claims there is no effeciency loss when comparing wireless versus wired charging.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/12/qualcomm-helo-wireless-charging/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This group is also working on wireless charging on the road, so you could drive down a section of road and your car would charge. That might actually make new tolls on 540 and 147 worth it. :roll:

[
This group is also working on wireless charging on the road, so you could drive down a section of road and your car would charge. That might actually make new tolls on 540 and 147 worth it. :roll:[/quote]

I was talking to some friends last week about this. I predicted it would be available in Charlotte in the HOV lane. They thought I was crazy. Oh well my stepfather never did believe they went to the moon. He said it was done in Hollywood!
Thanks for the info.
Mule :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Back