NEW: 'Charge up LA' - $2k EVSE rebate from DWP

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
This was announced yesterday - $2k rebate for EVSE installations from the LA DWP. First 1000 customers only, and I don't know if you can apply if you've already installed prior to the announcement (but it's worth checking I suppose). Applications can be filed starting May 1:

https://www.ladwp.com/ladwp/cms/ladwp014184.jsp

"Starting May 1, 2011, LADWP will offer rebates to residential customers toward the cost of electric vehicle chargers and installation. The rebates will cover up to $2,000 of your out-of-pocket expenses.

The rebate will be available to LADWP residential customers with a Level 2 (rapid) charger with the SAE J1772 charging plug. A separate LADWP meter dedicated to the EV charger is also required."

Unsaid is whether or not those of us who have already installed chargers under the free EV Project can use that to pay for the installation of a second TOU meter for the charger... I guess it will take a call to DWP to find out, and then finding someone there who actually knows what they are talking about...

mwalsh said:
This was announced yesterday - $2k rebate for EVSE installations from the LA DWP. First 1000 customers only, and I don't know if you can apply if you've already installed prior to the announcement (but it's worth checking I suppose). Applications can be filed starting May 1:

https://www.ladwp.com/ladwp/cms/ladwp014184.jsp

"Starting May 1, 2011, LADWP will offer rebates to residential customers toward the cost of electric vehicle chargers and installation. The rebates will cover up to $2,000 of your out-of-pocket expenses.

The rebate will be available to LADWP residential customers with a Level 2 (rapid) charger with the SAE J1772 charging plug. A separate LADWP meter dedicated to the EV charger is also required."

thanks for sharing, mwalsh.
I submitted my overage to LADWP earlier this month.
The rules were unclear at the time. The rules are a little clearer now.
It is unclear who pays for the second meter and installation. My situation is somewhat unique, as I already had a TOU meter BEFORE I had the EVSE. I had solar.
You may not be able to get the 2.5-cent discount if you have solar, as you are already ahead--words of ladwp to me last month.

smkettner said:
Now if SCE will follow with similar I would be all over it :)

Ya I feel like I am living in a "doughnut hole". People all around getting EV Project, rebates, ect... but nothing for EVSE in the OC.

Back