New Leaf not happy

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichieO

I have a 2023 62kwh leaf, I can't check the battery charge unless I sit in and turn it on because Nissan Connect doesn't accept the VIN and Nissan has done nothing to remedy this, I am so pissed off with them, my next EV will not a Nissan...

What "Nissan" path did you take? One rep who might not know how to help because these problems are (presumably) rare is a big leap to write off the whole company. Did you talk to several reps and come to this conclusion? Did you try to escalate it? And as Doug asked is the car used and so is the VIN already registered and needs to be reset or cleared? I'm going to guess it can work and it's something simple.

I have a 2023 62kwh leaf, I can't check the battery charge unless I sit in and turn it on because Nissan Connect doesn't accept the VIN and Nissan has done nothing to remedy this, I am so pissed off with them, my next EV will not a Nissan...
I don’t use Nissan Connect at all. I didn’t even know it existed before joining this forum. I suspect mine won’t be either, though it has nothing to do with Nissan. I’ve been looking at 4 wheel enclosed scooters lately. They weigh and cost about a quarter what cars do. None currently look all that good, partially because I haven’t seen one yet that can maintain speed on the freeway, but there’s a certain appeal for me of a 5 foot wide 1 or 2 seat car that costs like a motorbike. The wide bench seat ones appeal to me because fat chair. Like in the doctor’s office. I love those things.

@RichieO Can you give more details of your situation:
Are you the first owner of this car? As the car may have been registered by a previous user?
Are you using the correct app? I also had a 2018 40kwh leaf which used a different app than my current 2020 62kwh leaf.
Or have you registered the car on a different mobile phone perhaps with different login credentials?

If the car has been registered previously, it is very easy to contact Nissan connect services and ask them to clear the user details (this is what I had to do) and they will ask for the VIN number and proof of purchase of the car. Was resolved within 24 hours of emailing them the required info.

I will point out though, that the newer app (compared to the older app needed for my 2018 Leaf) is now a subscription based service.......so if you only want to check the charge state of the car or your driving efficiency stats then your fine......everything else is a monthly fee.

@RichieO Can you give more details of your situation:
Are you the first owner of this car? As the car may have been registered by a previous user?
Are you using the correct app? I also had a 2018 40kwh leaf which used a different app than my current 2020 62kwh leaf.
Or have you registered the car on a different mobile phone perhaps with different login credentials?

If the car has been registered previously, it is very easy to contact Nissan connect services and ask them to clear the user details (this is what I had to do) and they will ask for the VIN number and proof of purchase of the car. Was resolved within 24 hours of emailing them the required info.

I will point out though, that the newer app (compared to the older app needed for my 2018 Leaf) is now a subscription based service.......so if you only want to check the charge state of the car or your driving efficiency stats then your fine......everything else is a monthly fee.
Thanks for the constructive info, I will try again...

I also had issues at the start.

I'm using the Nissan app "EV & Services", v.7.9.0 on Android.

Working well here even after expired subscription:
  • I get charge status, remote locking, charge & climate timers, car finder, maps & nav, car finder, reports and more.
  • I don't get the more esoteric: "car controls", which has parental & valet alerts, other stuff I forget, but don't miss.

I did have issues when I first got the car, related to my login, account & such. I may have had to go into the settings in the center console to ensure the car was transmitting data and whatnot. Nissan phone support was helpful, and it did get sorted.

I never exit/stop/close the app though, I leave it running in the background. Login is slow and frustrating.

That might depend on location. I have access to climate control and start charging and a couple of other functions and never paid a dime. Edit: iOS version!

Exactly what Chademo said above. Do not use Nissan Connect, rather EV & Services. Works fine for what I need without a subscription.

@BillAinCT I am also using the iOS app of Nissan Connect.....I am in the UK and also NOT the first owner of this car, so perhaps the 1st owner of the car gets a longer FREE subscription to certain functions?

@BillAinCT I am also using the iOS app of Nissan Connect.....I am in the UK and also NOT the first owner of this car, so perhaps the 1st owner of the car gets a longer FREE subscription to certain functions?
Yes, I believe there are free functions which expire and are only available for the original buyer. I still have Lock and Unlock available to me that expires.

What is the difference?
Oops, sorry. The old Nissan Connect is now called My Nissan. That’s the app that required VIN registration, etc IIRC.
EV & Services was orig setup via email owner confirmation only and I’ve never paid a dime to monitor SoC, tracking, etc.
OP, was the car purchased privately or at the dealer? If the latter, I suspect you just need to confirm with Nissan you’re now the official owner so they can authorize the acct.

Did you get it sorted out? Your local dealer should be able to help. It did take about a week for mine to become active after I bought it new and registered for the Nisan Connect EV services (a '23 SV+ bought new in Jan '23).

Back