New lease in south Texas

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracyv

Howdy. The wife and I just leased a Leaf (Sparky) from the dealer in Corpus Christi. I think we are the only one in our county here in Rockport. I've driven it to work once (60 miles RT) and learned the joys of the guess-o-meter. It's sitting in the garage until we get the upgraded brick back from EVSE upgrade. I'm tracking the package on UPS every few hours to urge it on faster! (doesn't work). Love the car, makes my trusty old 06 Forester look so 20th century.

tracyv said:
Howdy. The wife and I just leased a Leaf (Sparky) from the dealer in Corpus Christi. I think we are the only one in our county here in Rockport. I've driven it to work once (60 miles RT) and learned the joys of the guess-o-meter. It's sitting in the garage until we get the upgraded brick back from EVSE upgrade. I'm tracking the package on UPS every few hours to urge it on faster! (doesn't work). Love the car, makes my trusty old 06 Forester look so 20th century.

Congratulations! I'm at 10,025 miles after 17 months, and very pleased so far. As a "mature, conservative, pro-business, anti tax Republican", I took a big step buying this car. As it turns out, it's the best auto purchase I've ever made. I don't keep track of, nor do I care how much gasoline costs. It's a good feeling. :)

You don't need to wait for your EVSE Upgrade. You can charge with your Nissan supplied cord on a regular 120V and still get 70+ miles range overnight.

mkjayakumar said:
You don't need to wait for your EVSE Upgrade. You can charge with your Nissan supplied cord on a regular 120V and still get 70+ miles range overnight.
If he sent the EVSE to be upgraded, he doesn't have anything to charge with until it gets back to him.

Yes, true enough. I did not want to pay the $75 for instant gratification, but I may spend close to that driving the old Forester (which is an 03, not an 06, my bad) back and forth for two weeks while I wait for the unit to get back.

Hey, that's a great idea. He can't say yes if I don't ask. Just texted him. By the way, I learned in this process that negotiating by texting takes away a huge advantage that salepersons have. All that manipulation they learn doesn't work while texting.

Back