New member, Tampa, Florida

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone, I am a new member from Tampa, Florida. I do not own an EV yet, but I would like to purchase one in the very near future. I joined this forum to gain more insight from actual Leaf owners and to educate my self a little more before taking the plunge. Any Tampa Leaf owners let me know about your experiences!

Thank you!

You're in the right place, welcome. Don't know about Tampa, but there's Florida people on here who will say hi shortly.

If you go into your profile, you can list Tampa as your location, so going forward, everyone will know. Thanks, and good luck.

Hi!! I'm from just south of Tampa!! Love my Leaf, average commute between 26-47 miles one way. Biggest issues are charging mid-day and people cutting in front of me. Strongly recommend leasing the Leaf as we are just starting our 2nd summer of Leaf and you'll want to monitor the battery life as it is affected by hot humid and hazy.
Welcome

Oh, and check out the wiki, and faqs, and the search function, most of what might ask has already been answered, you can read for hours.

Searching might connect you to lots of Floridians as well.

There is a Florida section and a Florida DC Charge forum. Florida currently has one DC Quickcharge in Ocala with another rumored near Punta Gorda. You may be evaluating whether to pay the extra for the quick charge port.
We seem to have a pretty good charge infrastructure in our part of Florida. We regularly drive to St Pete and charge before driving home.
Welcome to the forum!

Okay, thank you all so much for the feedback, I will definitely checkout the Florida and Florida DC Charge forum. I am sure there is a lot of reading I can catch up on there. And very good advice 09Bamb00!

Thank you!

I'd suggest a lease. I'm almost in range, Bradenton, right off SR70. Had mine since Oct 12 and all I've done is put air in the tires.

Back