New Potential Owner

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LogoQRCode

Hi

I am looking for a New Leaf :~) I just loved the car when I test drove it, thinking even maybe rent from Budget and buy the car if it drives ok and no problems.

I am looking at 2021 and 2022 Leaf cars, how come that prices of 2021 and 2022 almost the same, am i missing something ? :ugeek:

also I see many for sale with 40 battery, I guess the Plus version is 60 and harder to find :( would you guys still recommend try hard to get the Plus version with better range ?

I think I will have some warranty as 2nd owner so I should be fine for some hears without repair bills? Are those cars durable or need some fixes that will break my bank? I was looking at hybrids plug in but when I looked under the hood and the potential what can break.. I got scared....

thank you and love this page it helped me to understand full EV cars better

Adrian

how come that prices of 2021 and 2022 almost the same, am i missing something ? :ugeek:
The cars are pretty new and the EV market has been pretty hot lately, so anything sells and sometimes for quite a lot of money.

also I see many for sale with 40 battery, I guess the Plus version is 60 and harder to find :( would you guys still recommend try hard to get the Plus version with better range ?
Depends a lot on your driving, how much do you drive in a day? And do you have the chance to borrow/rent an ICE car for longer trips?

I think I will have some warranty as 2nd owner so I should be fine for some hears without repair bills? Are those cars durable or need some fixes that will break my bank? I was looking at hybrids plug in but when I looked under the hood and the potential what can break.. I got scared....
Manufacturer warranty follows the car, not the owner. Nevertheless Leafs tend to be super reliable, with maintenance costs mostly consisting of tires, wiper blades and windscreen washer fluid.

LogoQRCode said:
I am looking at 2021 and 2022 Leaf cars, how come that prices of 2021 and 2022 almost the same, am i missing something ? :ugeek:
Used Leafs are great, but don't buy anything until you have done a LeafSpy reading and checked for weak/bad cells (I had to replace a module in my 40 kWh pack). Also, know your range requirements before buying any EV...then you can focus on battery pack size/budget.

I'm about 3 months in on a 2018 40KWH SL. Low mileage and pretty decent Leafspy findings.

While I would have been happier if it was the 60KWH Plus, for my use it didn't really matter so much.

Just ask yourself if you could be happy with the REAL range of the car based on ~30-80% SOC?
Or put another way, is using it everyday for 75-80miles enough range?

I admit that's leaving a fair amount of range on the table, but that allows you to be a gentle charger, if you know what I mean? :)

Back