Nissan is Either Ending Free Remote Access or Wants You to Pay Them Anyway

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have good reception where I live. In my 2019 SV Plus EV Connect broke some time back. I took it in for the recall and they told me to call them. I called in and they said I have to pay for it to work. As no charge update or anything I think it is a car issue. I have disconnected 12v and put it back no change. I have long pressed volume button reset no joy. I have reinstalled the app a few times. No good.

My car will be 3 years old in March. I presume this means that Nissan Connect will stop without payment. My location means that Nissan Connect works very well and is reliable. I was just wondering if I was to use one of the other connectivity Apps, if those would stop too. i.e. are we paying for the connectivity or for the App itself?

There are two fees, as I recall. One, which is not charged for the length of the lease, is just to connect. The other is the fee for using the App features. I just payed $106 for that one, for a year. I don't recall the other fee, as it was only mentioned in passing, not being applicable in my case.

Hmm, looks like I've lost Moderator status again.

Up here in Canada our major carrier, Rogers, has been threatening to shut off 2g for years but hasn't done so. However, this summer I lost connectivity for my app and after many tech support calls it was explained to me that Nissan had migrated users over to a new database, but they didn't bother moving older 2g customers in Canada over because we'd be losing service from Rogers imminently. So no more Carwings in Canada since the summer for my 2015 SV.

My car will be 3 years old in March. I presume this means that Nissan Connect will stop without payment. My location means that Nissan Connect works very well and is reliable. I was just wondering if I was to use one of the other connectivity Apps, if those would stop too. i.e. are we paying for the connectivity or for the App itself?
The app is free, you are paying for connectivity. Our Leaf hit 3 years in August. Now I have to pay primarily so my wife can pre warm the car (we live in Vermont) and I can see where she is to determine when to start cooking. The former much more important than the latter.

I think we are up to about $250/year vs the $8 month we paid the first 3 years

In Canada you only lose service after three years to the premium services. I can still check SOC, start a charging session and more importantly stop/stop climate control. There is no option I’m aware of to purchase the lost services, nor would I if I could. 2018 SL

My own Y2019 / 2020 JAN registration date, does not support climate control function :( .
I have start/stop a charging session mobile notification and some statistic in the app (consumption, distance on specific period).
I have no subscriptions.
The old one Y2018 (stolen) has climate control functionality.

Back