Nissan PR in Poland on AZ battery issues

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

September

One of Polish media pages put a negative article on electric cars in which they stated how dangerous they are, by mentioning self ignition of EVs and claiming that LEAF batteries in AZ caused fire, which I would guess is not true. I contacted Nissan PR to get them to contact news place and get removed this IMHO false statement, which they did and subsequently publisher has removed this info from article. :)

Suprising part is that LEAF is not currently available on Polish market, but they assumed I might be some concerned customer and let me know that while LEAF never self ignites there are some issues. They claimed 7 customers in AZ were concerned about their batteries, which how now less capacity due to abnormal use and temperature (usual stuff as seen in other interviews and statements) - it seems that even in places where car is not sold they are now ready to answer questions about those issues. :eek:

An unfortunate example of how an issue (positive or negative) pushed to the extreme can be mis-interpreted resulting in unforeseen (usually negative) ramifications elsewhere.

Back