Nissan`s participation on this forum

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanley

Nissan would help themselves retain customers and build good will if they participated on this Forum. They would not have to do it directly but could work through someone who is active. They could answer the questions they were willing to answer and catagorize other questions as proprietary and not answer them

stanley said:
Nissan would help themselves retain customers and build good will if they participated on this Forum. They would not have to do it directly but could work through someone who is active. They could answer the questions they were willing to answer and catagorize other questions as proprietary and not answer them

This has been covered here extensively.

If Nissan were simply to have someone from customer support provide a little interaction with folks on this forum the way Leon from Mossy Nissan in San Diego does on a regular basis, I think they'd find that a *ton* of call volume would magically disappear :)

Sad, really..for all they've done on the main site and with twitter, they missed on the biggest thing that car enthusiasts go for. forums.

Some of you "old timers" (registered last April) might remember that there was a Nissan person who posted and responded once or twice and then went AWOL.

I don't think that Nissan "missed", it was something that they decided AGAINST doing at a high level.

The twitter feed is a steaming pile of joy-joy marketing.
http://twitter.com/#!/NissanLEAF
It is not 'information' by any stretch of the information.

Anyone here could write the same twitter posts -- just read the forums and EV Blogs and post the same links a few days later. :lol:

Boomer23 said:
Some of you "old timers" (registered last April) might remember that there was a Nissan person who posted and responded once or twice and then went AWOL.

I don't think that Nissan "missed", it was something that they decided AGAINST doing at a high level.

yep, its too bad they made that call.

Boomer23 said:

Very savvy of Nissan High Level, having a rep here is like throwing a bone in the middle of a pack of rabid dogs.. there would have been thousands of complaints about where is my car by now creating lots of angst. As it is the prospective owner now has a vague sense of unease "where is my car" and just waits until it shows up. Buying a car is a very emotional thing for many people.

Yes I am talking about you big ninnies! :)

Herm said:
Very savvy of Nissan High Level, having a rep here is like throwing a bone in the middle of a pack of rabid dogs.. there would have been thousands of complaints about where is my car by now creating lots of angst. As it is the prospective owner now has a vague sense of unease "where is my car" and just waits until it shows up. Buying a car is a very emotional thing for many people.

Yes I am talking about you big ninnies! :)

That would be Mr. Big Ninny to you, Herm. :p

Herm said:
Very savvy of Nissan High Level, having a rep here is like throwing a bone in the middle of a pack of rabid dogs.. there would have been thousands of complaints about where is my car by now creating lots of angst.
I happen to know now that Nissan Corporate is very actively monitoring this forum, and is aware of all the customer "angst," the good information and the bad being spread around, and understands that social networking is the reality of our modern era. However, they have made a conscious corporate decision NOT to participate directly here on MNL, for the reasons you state. It would simply be too chaotic. They are using facebook and twitter proactively, and I think that is all we will see in the immediate future.

They DO know what is being said on MNL, though, and are not ignorant of the implications for their customer service goals, but it is just a little too "Wild West" of a job to deal with the huge range of speculation on issues that takes place here.

TT

Dave, I think everyone notices that the angst is among the people who haven't received their Leaf yet... Owners are satisfied or thrilled, wanna-be owners are pretty frustrated.

I think the biggest single thing that upsets people is that the dates move. It is hard to explain why, once the car is already in the USA, the week of delivery moves-- and moves back and forth. And if the car is not already in the USA, for those owners lack of information is the biggest complaint.

SteveInSeattle said:
I think the biggest single thing that upsets people is that the dates move. It is hard to explain why, once the car is already in the USA, the week of delivery moves-- and moves back and forth. And if the car is not already in the USA, for those owners lack of information is the biggest complaint.

Steve, that isn't all of the angst. Some, myself included, are having angst over Nissan's giving VINS and mid-April delivery dates to folks who ordered as recently as Jan/Feb 2011, while folks who ordered back in the fall of 2010 have May estimated delivery dates.

Waiting to see if this gets sorted out with the Luna Spirit cars.

I guess most the reason I feel this way has to do with 9+ weeks of ownership but since the Leaf is the ONLY. EV to deliver despite dozens of promises I don't see how a xelazy amounting to a few months is generating this much issue. I waited. 6 months for my first Prius with ZERO information on delivery dates etc

ttweed said:
Herm said:
Very savvy of Nissan High Level, having a rep here is like throwing a bone in the middle of a pack of rabid dogs.. there would have been thousands of complaints about where is my car by now creating lots of angst.
I happen to know now that Nissan Corporate is very actively monitoring this forum, and is aware of all the customer "angst," the good information and the bad being spread around, and understands that social networking is the reality of our modern era. However, they have made a conscious corporate decision NOT to participate directly here on MNL, for the reasons you state. It would simply be too chaotic. They are using facebook and twitter proactively, and I think that is all we will see in the immediate future.

They DO know what is being said on MNL, though, and are not ignorant of the implications for their customer service goals, but it is just a little too "Wild West" of a job to deal with the huge range of speculation on issues that takes place here.

TT

So then, to the Nissan Corporate folks actively monitoring this forum, and speaking as someone who drives a ton of innovation, product design/development/commercialization for a company who's market cap is ~3x Nissan's, this is where it's at. My hat's off to you for what you've done so far, I'm just encouraging you to take it a step further. A sense of community with your customers means we'll cut you a lot more slack when you falter and applaud even louder when you're successful. Speaking from experience, there is a fine line to walk but it can and should be done...and from what I know of you all, Nissan's culture and market position make you the ideal company to do it. I think you'll find that the rewards you reap back from a perception perspective, never mind the feedback into your product development and design cycles, will be invaluable. Unfortunately, that means having someone like Mark Perry on the forums vs. your new-media marketing team though it certainly takes both types of people to make it all work in harmony.

ok..i'll shut-up now :) and applause for the fine work you've done thus far.

Obviously those who ordered their Leafs before January should receive their cars before people like me that ordered in January. I also believe that Nissan has done a great job to get an electric vehicle to the mass market. My frustration is with the ordering to delivery process. I did everything possible to be at the front of the January orders and delivery process.I followed Mark Perry`s direction fully to accomplish this. He told me that those that reserve and order first in the 7 launch States will receive their cars first. This is not what is happening. Others that reserved and ordered after me have Vin numbers and delivery dates and i am "PENDING". I reserved early on May 15 and received a January order date. My dashboard opened on January 7 and thanks to Leon Kamins at Mossy Nissan San Diego my RAQ turned into a complete order by 9 am on May 7. Leon confirmed that i was his first January order. i received an April delivery date that moved to May and is now pending. Yet their are people with later reservation dates and order dates that have Vin #`s and delivery dates, including cars to be delivered to Mossy Nissan San Diego in April. Will Nissan fix this inequity?

Corporations don't want to participate in a place where they don't have control (or atleast very pliable owners). We are a wild bunch here ...

When I talked to Perry in December - he said they have decided not to directly participate - without giving any reasons. But, do note that Nissan, Ecotality and AV (if not others) actively monitor the forum.

SteveInSeattle said:
I think the biggest single thing that upsets people is that the dates move.

I disagree. I believe the biggest single thing that is upsetting people is that Nov.-Feb. orders are receiving earlier delivery months/dates than the Sept./Oct. order people.

Back