Northern LA County Leaf Gathering

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the way, I've got new wheels for my ride... Really cool looking! I'm selling my factory originals (spares anyone?)...
I'll try to make the next North LA gathering... :cool:

I figure the wheels are more valuable for everyone as spares. So I could be persuaded to sell them separately. I've got 4! :mrgreen: PM me if you are interested... :cool:

So, is the September Gathering on Friday, or Saturday?
Where, and what time.

I might be able to bring up some SOC-Meter Kits ($180 cash, with slot for the display).

If you are sure you want to buy one:
Do you want a Red or Blue Display?
6' or 9' OBD cord?

They will have the new F1.08 firmware.

Cheers, Gary

Devin said:
If we're doing 7PM we could easily meet at my office. It's a convenient location and there's a ton of well lit parking (at least 50 spots). By that time on Friday it'll be very empty.

Also for future reference if we want to meet on a weekend and use my office parking lot as a gathering point we probably could. I'd have to check with the facilities people to make sure but I think they'd be alright with it - they've been very accommodating in the past.

And the SOC meter is very interesting to me indeed!
Well since it is Thursday night and getting late, I am going to say that we will not have enough people to make a go of it tomorrow night.

Talked with 91040 tonight in Pasadena, totally cool since he recognized me as I was walking - he didn't even see my Leaf, nor did I see his. He was thinking about a Tuesday meet up, but I will leave it to him to post details. He has an SOC meter that he might be willing to show off.

I will make it to the star party at the Observatory on the 3rd, whether or not others are interested.

TangoKilo said:
Careful with traveling up and down Hollywood Blvd. They've got the anti-cruising signs up... I'll bet the cops are licking their chops waiting for an electric caravan... :mrgreen:

I'd definitely like to see one of the SOC boxes... I got a red car... :cool:
You have a good point, I was thinking of just one slow cruise for about three blocks, taking up both lanes. Doesn't sound like it is going to happen, which is fine too.

I think we need a new thread started by one of us that reads the board regularly. I visit a couple times a week, so I would not be the best choice. That way the thread title can be altered to say when and where the meet up will be, like the other group thread does. I suggest the "Valley Leaf" meet up with the date and time? Our original poster is still interested, but too busy right now to moderate.

Caracalover said:
Talked with 91040 tonight in Pasadena, totally cool since he recognized me as I was walking - he didn't even see my Leaf, nor did I see his. He was thinking about a Tuesday meet up, but I will leave it to him to post details. He has an SOC meter that he might be willing to show off.

I will be meeting TangoKilo at Lulu's restaurant near Van Nuys Airport at 6pm, Tuesday night, 8/30. All are welcome. I have one of Gary's SOC meters which should have the newest firmware installed by then.

See you there!

Meeting- 6pm, Tuesday, August 30
Lulu's Restaurant
16900 Roscoe Boulevard
CA 91406-1101
(818) 988-0707
http://www.lulusrestaurant.com/location.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have Gary's SOC meter with the new 1.08 Firmware and can report on its assembly.

TangoKilo- I think I am to get any remaining wheels from you to deliver to Gary next time I am in Orange County.

I don't think I'll be able to make it despite being only 5 minutes from home! I probably wont' be able to get out of Hollywood until 6-7. If I do escape earlier though I'll try to pop in.

Since I won't be able to leave the West Side from work until about 5pm, and I have to stop and pick up Linda at home, we will likely be a touch late so save us a couple of seats.

-Tom

BobTarlau said:
HI Tom -- That's enough for me to decide to attend. So see you there. Bob

We had a nice, albeit small, meeting this evening with six people, four Leafs and a Mini-E. LuLu's was a good meeting place, quiet, and with good parking, and they have said they'd love to have us back. They can make their separate room available if we would like to use it to be away from the rest of the patrons or if we have a bigger group. It was much nicer for our purposes than Bob's Big Boy and I'd like to suggest that we set up a regular monthly meeting there.

-Tom

P.S. I enjoyed seeing Gary's blue SOC meter "in the flesh."
P.P.S. We need a better name and acronym for our group!

Back