Northern LA County Leaf Gathering

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ggodman

With some encouragement I would like to propose a (as suggested by another member TangoKilo) North Los Angeles (Valley/Santa Clarita) leaf owners group. Just stimulating discussions here, but would be willing to explore or support someone else exploring options for places to have coffee/breakfast/lunch etc. Chime in if interested, seems to be a few of us out this way now, I certainly would never try to make a 6:30 Orange County (So Cal) leaf meeting so perhaps they can call us the Northern So-Cal Leaf association, (Not sure how San Diego will feel about Orange County usurping the So Cal Leaf group name, LOL)

ggodman said:
I certainly would never try to make a 6:30 Orange County (So Cal) leaf meeting

Just to point out that our normal breakfast get-togethers are actually around 8:30am. It's only the Cars and Coffee event where we've pretty much got to be there by 6:30am.

Good luck with your own endeavor!

Just a suggestion: Van Nuys Airport (middle of the valley) might be a good area to meet. There's coffee shops everywhere and it's roughly equal-distant from all points west (Moorpark), north (Castaic), south (LAX) and east (Pasadena)... As for a visit south to the OC, I'll need access to a quick charger down there first...
Cheers :cool:

To get started:

Consider using one of these Hometown Buffet locations:

7868 VAN NUYS BOULEVARD
VAN NUYS, CA 91402
Phone: (818) 787-6007

A bit east of 405, reasonable parking

or

1850 EMPIRE AVENUE
BURBANK, CA 91504
Phone: (818) 955-5797

just west of I-5 lots of parking
Olive Garden and Outback at same location.

Pick a place and time, like 8:30 AM Saturday 16 July
and see who likes it, and then see who shows up.

There's a Millie's at Balboa Blvd. and Vanowen St. (just south of Van Nuys airport) with plenty of parking and excellent navy bean soup to gas up the drivers while we talk about electric cars.... :cool:

I'm in! I live in Van Nuys so I'm pretty central to everywhere mentioned.

I'd also suggest Lake Balboa Park as a good meeting place. Nice area - lots of trees, benches, parking etc. I believe the LA City golf course that's part of the park offers EV charging but is currently only Avcon/SPI. Hopefully in the future they'll be a part of the J1772 upgrade program making that the ideal spot. There might be 110v plugs available but would have to check in advance. I'd be more than happy to pitch in and bring donuts from Mama's (best donuts in the Valley!).

I might discourage meeting on July 16th or 17th as that is the weekend they are closing the 405 Sepulveda Pass so it'll be a real mess driving anywhere in the area.

I stopped by the Woodley Park golf course and only saw the avcon/spi charger setup. I couldn't find any 110v plugs. I too will be avoiding the "south" valley area on the weekend of "carmagedon"... :cool:

TangoKilo said:
I stopped by the Woodley Park golf course and only saw the avcon/spi charger setup. I couldn't find any 110v plugs. I too will be avoiding the "south" valley area on the weekend of "carmagedon"... :cool:
I figure it's a good weekend to test our emergency/earthquake survival skills by staying at home and hunkering down! :D

I would like to attend. I have been to the Cerritos gathering and found it interesting, the people welcoming, and having another group to meet would be great! The Bob's Big Boy in Burbank has a car night every Friday night, but that is not a night where we would find parking easy. We might try it on Thursday evening though. Nice thing about that is the location. Lots of traffic and people are used to looking at cars there.

I have some insider information that Burbank will be installing 11 chargers soon in various areas around the city.

How does this Thursday at 6 pm grab people?

There is the Van Nuys metrolink station pretty close to the Home Town Buffet which is supposed to have charging available, i'll check it out at lunch today but if it does that would seem to be a good place. If the charging is there I'll propose July 10, Van Nuys Home town buffet at 8:30 am. I'll post this afternoon with what I find.

Bob's Big Boy
4211 West Riverside Drive, Burbank, CA
(818) 843-9334

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=BOB%27s+BIG+BOY+4211+W+Riverside+Dr+Burbank,+CA+91505&sll=34.152292,-118.346153&sspn=0.006535,0.009645&ie=UTF8&ll=34.152292,-118.346153&spn=0.006313,0.009645&z=17

Back