Northern LA County Leaf Gathering

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure, that would work for us! I've been planning to get up there and see the new, improved Griffith anyway... 28, 29 or 30 that week works for us...

Caracalover said:
Another great meet up spot came to me this morning though - the Griffith Park Observatory. We could meet there and then go cruise Hollywood Blvd to show the tourists the new way to get around town.

Who is in for that, and what time/date should we pick? I don't want to do this on the 30th, I would prefer a weeknight, maybe even a Friday around 8 pm (Meet up at 7) to get the most out of the masses. If we can get a larger turnout, it could prove an impressive showcase.

7 of the 9 leafs:
leafGTG1.JPG

To those at the Burbank gathering last night who assisted my son David and I with our 240V dryer plug issue--David made the suggested wiring change today... and it works!! Now the modified EVSE is perking along at the intended full L2 charge rate. This had involved the mis-wiring of the dryer socket plug on the pigtail. Thanks for sorting out what had been a frustrating issue for us. Again, that was a great first meeting of us Northern LA County folks... and I certainly look forward to the next one.

Why don't we meet in Van Nuys? It is centrally located for the Los Angeles area. I'm in West LA and driving over to Burbank or Glendale is a bit far.

We could meet at the Airtel Plaza Hotel at Van Nuys Airport. They have a breakfast buffet and ample parking. Close to the 405 and 101 freeways.

Also acceptable to me... I've had meetings at Airtel before and it is very nice. Perhaps they could give us our own room so that we could have a real conversation...

BudRaymond said:
Why don't we meet in Van Nuys? It is centrally located for the Los Angeles area. I'm in West LA and driving over to Burbank or Glendale is a bit far.

We could meet at the Airtel Plaza Hotel at Van Nuys Airport. They have a breakfast buffet and ample parking. Close to the 405 and 101 freeways.

AirTel would be a good--very centrally located meeting spot... as long as the hotel folks are OK to work with us.

If you have not been to the Airtel recently, they have put a pay gate in their parking lot. I'm not sure how friendly they are about "car clubs" anymore... :cool:

Last time I was there parking validation was free with purchase at the restaurant.
It would be nice to have a meeting room though.
If the buffet is the same price as in the restaurant ($13), would everyone prefer a conference room or the restaurant?

I have 110/120 duplex plug about a half mile away that would be available for a breakfast meeting at the Airtel or (Beeps, good food but bad parking I think) I am close enough not to charge for breakfast and can ferry a couple people that might need a couple hours of L1 at my work. I would be glad to stop by Airtel if we want to meet there. I'm open for a meeting Sunday (6/10) if anyone else is interested. Please let me know i'll stop by at lunch at the hotel if anyone is interested let's say 8:00 - 8:30.

Other suggestions for central San Fernando Valley:

Mimi's Cafe
19710 Nordhoff Place,
Northridge, CA
(818) 717-8334
mimiscafe.com

Lulu's Restaurant
16900 Roscoe Boulevard
Van Nuys, CA 91406-1101
(818) 988-0707
lulusrestaurant.com

Sunday July 10

8:30 AM

Home Town Buffet
7868 Van Nuys Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 91402

Has good parking, close to the freeway, centrally located.

Hope to see you all there.

Hope you can Gary! I've been reading your post with interest all the way back to the apteraforum days, would love to meet you in person. Just out of curiosity have you ever met Karen from AF?

Back