One Touch Climate Control

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougMarker

My son-in-law just wrote a macro that puts a little icon of a flame in my browser bar. One touch launches carwings, logs in, and turns on climate control. I pre-heat my LEAF all the time, and it used to seem like it was as much trouble to launch carwings, type in my password, hit login, wait, hit view LEAF status, wait, scroll down to climate control and hit the button, as to walk out to the car and turn it on. Now it just takes clicking the icon. Is anyone interested in this?

I made something similar that works everywhere (I use it from my iPhone home screen): it's a simple URL that, when loaded in any browser, will turn on climate control. (I have another URL to turn it off, to start charging, and to get a status report.)

Here's how it looks on my iPhone:
Image%202011.11.24%209:04:25%20AM.png

You need you own a web server to use it (you can easily install one on any computer you might be willing to keep running all the time).
Or you'd need to trust me with your credentials (you can be sure I'll keep them safe!), and I can give you back URLs to use.
PM me if you're interested (in either the PHP code to run it yourself, or the 'hosting service'). I'll hook you up.

definitely interested... carwings failed to charge the extra 20% (from 80-100%) after I went through the charging sequence... there are too many steps and sometimes one of them does not complete even though it seems like it has. Maybe a simpler approach like an app per demand would be better.

Back