Personal distance record (thanks to BLINK)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nubo

I know BLINK gets its share of criticism, but I've got to say we are blessed here in the SF Bay Area in terms of public charing, and part of that is a considerable number of BLINK QC units. I've used them several times now and have never had a problem other than that they inscrutably seem to ignore the choices you make when setting up the charge. :roll:.

Starting point: Vallejo, CA.

Mission Objective: Cream of Artichoke Soup at Duarte's Tavern, Pescadero, CA

Thanks to the BLINK chargers in Menlo Park and Concord, CA this was a most enjoyable drive and I arrived home with my precious surprise cargo and a new one-day record of about 195 miles on "Sprout".

And yes, it's well worth the drive, even in an ICE. :)

You might want to consider changing the title of this thread. Oftentimes, when one speaks of a "long day" or "longest day", it's with a negative connotation, as in "Wow - having to wait in line for those tickets was the longest day ever!" I read the title thinking that a Blink unit had caused you to have a truly bad day...

But it's good to hear that the Blinks helped you out. After their last firmware update on the home Level 2 units, mine has only glitched once in the past year or so - I consider that pretty good record considering what the hardware looks like inside (see other threads for pictures).

ahagge said:
You might want to consider changing the title of this thread. Oftentimes, when one speaks of a "long day" or "longest day", it's with a negative connotation, as in "Wow - having to wait in line for those tickets was the longest day ever!" I read the title thinking that a Blink unit had caused you to have a truly bad day...

+1 In fact, I ignored it for several days until I was in the mood to read some 'bad' news. I read sarcasm into the title.

But it's good to hear that the Blinks helped you out. After their last firmware update on the home Level 2 units, mine has only glitched once in the past year or so - I consider that pretty good record considering what the hardware looks like inside (see other threads for pictures).

I came here thinking the same as the others, prepared to share my longest-day story (in the negative sense).

But since I'm here (and live in the same area), I'll second the actual intent of the post: i.e., thank Blink and QC-ability in general for allowing me to travel 150-200 miles in a day. I don't think I've ever had one of their chargers inoperable.

ahagge said:

Done

LEAFfan said:

+1 In fact, I ignored it for several days until I was in the mood to read some 'bad' news. I read sarcasm into the title.

Hmm... I only posted it a few hours ago. :lol:

Maybe it was the BLINK reference that gave everyone the wrong impression?

Providing a positive experience vs. that negative connotation was really the impetus behind my post.

Nubo said:
LEAFfan said:

Hmm... I only posted it a few hours ago. :lol:

LOL, I skipped over it so many times today that it seemed like days. I should have said 'hours', not days.

Maybe it was the BLINK reference that gave everyone the wrong impression?

Providing a positive experience vs. that negative connotation was really the impetus behind my post.

Back